Jiffy Lube Employee Review

Good For Someone Who Has Little To No Experience
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON18 February 2017
The location I was at (Dec 1st 2016 - Jan 15th 2017) was a decent place to work, but not the best.

Management was horrible (micro-managed, expected ALL types of tasks/jobs to be done in a minimal amount of time) and the staff/co-workers were OK to help or train. Sad part was that the experienced techs weren't the greatest at helping during a rush or any good at multi-tasking. Asking questions during a rush was not always a good thing, but asking after was decent because it would be explained.

However, certain services and answers were questionable or could be found to be questionable if, you had basic training and/or schooling. An example: coolant transmission flushes. Tranny flushes weren't necessarily done properly and coolant flushes is something you don't exactly do. At least not the way it's done at Jiffy Lube.

Also, doing tire repairs and tire switches were VERY questionable. Having worked in a tire shop, some of the practices for tires was not exactly the greatest. Example: using tire plugs ONLY & ALWAYS putting in 35psi of air in the Winter tires. Doing the latter apparently helped with fuel milage, which was a new practice for me & a head-scratcher.
Pros
Good pay, benefits, learn basic knowledge of vehicles, learn to use various tools, possible advancement, owners of location were great
Cons
Long hours, no personal time, poor management, half hour break only, favouritism at times

Other Jiffy Lube Employee Reviews

ordinaire
Homme de service (Former Employee) –  Montr√©al, QC15 April 2019
gestion du personnel et attente de gestion ordinaire
pression excessive sur la vente aux client
avantage employé desaventageuse
Fast paced and fun enviroment
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 April 2019
Job was very fast paced at points in the day then sometimes it would die down for hours at a time. I worked as a lube technician so I was under the vehicle performing maintenance. It was nice kept to myself and was able to just stay in the zone.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jiffy Lube. Our community is ready to answer.