Jiffy Lube Management reviews

Found 27 reviews matching the search See all 2,614 reviews
Place is a joke
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON16 March 2019
As my experience working with Jiffy lube it wasn’t a good experience. At the location I worked at favoritize played a huge factor which you could see in hours and the schedule, staff working there gave new employees a hard time and treated them like outcasts... Since the manager of the store is only 22 he took the entire job extremely seriously and eliminated all possible ways to have fun in the job environment to almost try and prove himself to the company. Which made coming to work every morning miserable and not even wanting to wake up to go to work. Would get yelled at if you missed one word or used another word in there little script “echos” you call out. Place is a joke would NOT recommend working here.
Pros
Free coffee & hot chocolate or water
Cons
Management, hours, staff
Great management and accomodations
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Hespeler, ON18 November 2018
Enjoyed working here for many reasons. Jiffy lube accommodated me through a personal leave and was very supportive during related occasions. The management was great and very friendly. Appropriate rules set in place to ensure a fair working environment. Also a very clean working environment for a lube shop.
Pros
half of discount on most packages
Terrible Ownership
Car Hood Technician (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC17 August 2018
Customers were great. Staff and management were great and helpful when first learning the job. Ownership was terrible. She was a know-it-all bully and refused knowledge and direction from her staff.
Just Don't
physically demanding
heat and cold
---------------------------------
Pros
Cons
low pay, long hours
Company only cares about profit.
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON19 June 2018
Hard physical job working in extreme temperature fluctuations. Company culture is not geared to employee health and welfare but to maximizing profit for the benefit of upper management. Pay grade compared to the expectations and physical labor are not on par. Does not give employees the proper break times.. Employees are expected to be on their feet and working for eight to nine hours a day with only half hour lunch break.
Pros
Cons
hrd physical work with minimal pay
Fun workplace
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 March 2018
The co-workers were great. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendly work environment and reliable service we provided. The management does not micro manage.
touch work environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 March 2018
I am very grateful for Jiffy Lube and Mr Lube because theses were by far my hardest jobs. this industry is hard labor, fast paced, think on your feet, bad weather conditions, etc.
I learned how to talk to people here, i also learned the art of persuasion as well as how to talk down temperamental costumers.
the management for this industry is usually unstable from my experience, they dismiss employee desires and often rights, and the benefits do not compensate for the amount of work that is done.
the hardest part is meeting with unrealistic expectations, wither it is a sales goal, hours worked etc.
we sometime receive free lunches, however these are due to circumstances when we are to busy to receive proper breaks. the lunches are supposed to compensate for lack of breaks,
I make it a point to learn as much as i can to make this job more enjoyable. so i did learn how to think differently, how same cars for example can have the same problem but require different responses. Sometimes we get bonus with our pay, but management can withhold it without notice.
Pros
easy commute, free lunches, flexible hours
Cons
long upaid hours, work environment is hostile, management is unstable
Watch out for bad managers
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Okanagan, BC8 February 2018
Worked at one in the okanagan not naming the shop, the owner was awful, belittled me infront of customers, made fun of me to other employees, overcharged for services, wasn't good with customer service. If you made a mistake, instead of talking with you in private, would bring it up infront of customers and employees, asked a question regarding something you didnt understand or didnt want to take apart due to potential damage occuring, would treat you like garbage. Never bought tools required to preform jobs. Will never work there again, and pitty whoever takes the position over. The staff I worked with (excluding the manager) however was excellent!
Pros
Good hours, decent pay, benefits, good employees
Cons
The manager
great personel terrible work enviroment
Oil lube technician (Former Employee) –  Weyburn, SK9 January 2018
the company as a whole conglomerate is great but there are a few branches that aren't being run the best or in the most cost effective ways the staff is quick and most are knowledgeable
Lack of management
Upper Technician (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK9 May 2017
I worked at Jiffy lube for a few months now and I have yet to see any real managers.
there is no benefits
there is no pay raises
(they lie and say they will give you one after 3 months, then get upset when u ask for it)
the shedule is NEVER up 2 weeks in advance,
i get in trouble for drinking the water (apparently water is only supplied for customers) ?????????
the owners are the managers and they have no clue what is going on at all. they are often asking people that work for them what to do.
i also got promised 40 hrs a week.
i got 35 if im Lucky
Pros
sitting, lots of free time
Cons
waiting, rude boss, no management, water is not readily available, have to pay for coffee, bad hours, no communication
Good experience
Lower Technician (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON3 May 2017
Badly managed but learned a lot with own initiative.

Dead Business, no commission offered. Employee attitudes at this location was horrible.

Store manager only looked out for himself, and did a lot of fraud that went unreported.
Hard work
Upper Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 April 2017
I enjoyed working here because i got to work with my hands and help customers maintain basic maintenance on their vehicles. The staff were mostly friendly and the management was strict but fair.
Good For Someone Who Has Little To No Experience
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON18 February 2017
The location I was at (Dec 1st 2016 - Jan 15th 2017) was a decent place to work, but not the best.

Management was horrible (micro-managed, expected ALL types of tasks/jobs to be done in a minimal amount of time) and the staff/co-workers were OK to help or train. Sad part was that the experienced techs weren't the greatest at helping during a rush or any good at multi-tasking. Asking questions during a rush was not always a good thing, but asking after was decent because it would be explained.

However, certain services and answers were questionable or could be found to be questionable if, you had basic training and/or schooling. An example: coolant transmission flushes. Tranny flushes weren't necessarily done properly and coolant flushes is something you don't exactly do. At least not the way it's done at Jiffy Lube.

Also, doing tire repairs and tire switches were VERY questionable. Having worked in a tire shop, some of the practices for tires was not exactly the greatest. Example: using tire plugs ONLY & ALWAYS putting in 35psi of air in the Winter tires. Doing the latter apparently helped with fuel milage, which was a new practice for me & a head-scratcher.
Pros
Good pay, benefits, learn basic knowledge of vehicles, learn to use various tools, possible advancement, owners of location were great
Cons
Long hours, no personal time, poor management, half hour break only, favouritism at times
"satisfactory" employer
Technician (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON11 January 2017
oil changes and some tire rotations , which are enjoyable.
hours of work are usually 11 hour days.
co-workers are satisfactory to work alongside when not aggressive/argumentative.
Pros
applied learning, hands-on experience
Cons
long hours, low pay, meddlesome management prone to nitpicking and tolerant of racism
Fun place To Work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON3 January 2017
I started out from the bottom and worked my way all the way to management. I worked for this franchise for 10 years, and worked for all 3 of the franchise owners different stores. It is the people that you work with that make this type of job a lot of fun to do.
Pros
Competitive wages, room for growth
Cons
Long hours if your not used to it
Fun and fast paced environment
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Morinville, AB13 October 2016
- Typical workday was pretty consistent and short only if it was busy.
- I learned a lot of team building skills, customer service, and hands on mechanical skills.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was it was easy going and had a great and rare atmosphere to find at a work place.
- Management was all around good.
Pros
Experience
Ignorant staff
Upper Bay Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 June 2016
I was unable to work with a staff of supervisors and management so ignorant about their work they lied to customers and reprimanded me when I tried to teach them how to do things. Ethically speaking, not a place you want to work.
Good place to work, management was very good, and the owners were very nice
Technician (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON30 May 2016
Everyone there was very nice, management was great. It was nice to work on cars everyday, unfortunately nowhere to move up in the company so not as much motivation to try and move up.
Pros
Everyone in the company were very nice
Cons
Promotions weren't an option
I don't get paid enough for their expectations.
Lube Technician (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON16 September 2015
I think this place is horrible. They treat you like you can be replaced and they have way to high of expectations for the amount of pay they give. They want you to be fast but also sell extras, when you can actually only do one or the other. The actual owner texts and uses his phone while talking to you like you are not important. I feel like I could work good for someone that actually treats their workers well and with respect!
Pros
Paid weekly with benefits, I can do warranty work on my truck.
Cons
Long hours, no allotted break times you only get a break when its not busy, I hardly ever get 2 days off in a row.
Not a career
Lube Technician (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON31 August 2015
Same sad story day in day out, poor pay, poor management, too much expected from employees, persons hired with little knowledge in field and given much responsibility, unfair bonuses if high benchmarks aren't achieved, penalized bonus for sick days used without coming to work and leaving during shift, poor work atmosphere, coworkers stepping on each other, maximum pay poor and hard to achieve
Pros
Discounts
Cons
See review

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jiffy Lube. Our community is ready to answer.