Jiffy Lube Employee Reviews for Lube Technician

Found 23 reviews matching the search See all 2,646 reviews
Fast paced and fun enviroment
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 April 2019
Job was very fast paced at points in the day then sometimes it would die down for hours at a time. I worked as a lube technician so I was under the vehicle performing maintenance. It was nice kept to myself and was able to just stay in the zone.
Place is a joke
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON16 March 2019
As my experience working with Jiffy lube it wasn’t a good experience. At the location I worked at favoritize played a huge factor which you could see in hours and the schedule, staff working there gave new employees a hard time and treated them like outcasts... Since the manager of the store is only 22 he took the entire job extremely seriously and eliminated all possible ways to have fun in the job environment to almost try and prove himself to the company. Which made coming to work every morning miserable and not even wanting to wake up to go to work. Would get yelled at if you missed one word or used another word in there little script “echos” you call out. Place is a joke would NOT recommend working here.
Pros
Free coffee & hot chocolate or water
Cons
Management, hours, staff
Boss was extremely awful to work for
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON16 August 2018
Working at jiffy lube is fun, it is a great work environment and lots of awesome people to work with! The only downfall about the location that i worked at was the Manager that i had was a complete ***hole, and felt as if he was empowered to be the way he is just because he is the boss....
Nice place to work
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON14 July 2018
If you are interested in learning automotive service then this is the job for you. They have on the job training for all positions. All in all a great company to work for.
Pros
Flexible shifts and decent pay
Cons
Weekend manditory shifts
decent place to work
Oil and lube technician (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON10 May 2018
good people, good work environment, steady pace, always good vibes, and never a dull moment, at jiffy lube you'll go from oil changes to tire rotations in no time, good steady place.
Watch out for bad managers
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Okanagan, BC8 February 2018
Worked at one in the okanagan not naming the shop, the owner was awful, belittled me infront of customers, made fun of me to other employees, overcharged for services, wasn't good with customer service. If you made a mistake, instead of talking with you in private, would bring it up infront of customers and employees, asked a question regarding something you didnt understand or didnt want to take apart due to potential damage occuring, would treat you like garbage. Never bought tools required to preform jobs. Will never work there again, and pitty whoever takes the position over. The staff I worked with (excluding the manager) however was excellent!
Pros
Good hours, decent pay, benefits, good employees
Cons
The manager
great personel terrible work enviroment
Oil lube technician (Former Employee) –  Weyburn, SK9 January 2018
the company as a whole conglomerate is great but there are a few branches that aren't being run the best or in the most cost effective ways the staff is quick and most are knowledgeable
small home town shop
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Black Diamond, AB3 January 2018
daily oil changes, fluid changes, wiper blades, tire checks, air filter changes, fuel filter changes or gas and diesel vehicles, as well as interacting with customers.
Fun, fast pace workplace
Lube Technician (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK15 November 2017
I enjoyed being an employee here although the pay wasn't the best and it had lots of room for improvement but nothing was done by the owner to improve much. Owner should be less worred about making an extra buck and more worried about the customers and staff
Pros
You get a break when theres no customers
Cons
When its busy you dont get any breaks
Not to bad
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB14 November 2017
Would not work at my old job again to many in shop problems and to many problems with people that work there ..................,.......,..,...........
Pleasant atmosphere. Good to meet people. Easy-going management.
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON8 July 2017
Extreme weather working conditions in the pit - very hot in summer months and cold in the winter. No fresh air most of the day and no chance for advancement or new learning opportunities.
Fun workplace
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC17 April 2017
Good place to work. learned alot about general maintenance on vehicles. learned what oil and fluids do for a vehicle and the importance of maintaining your Vehicle
Pros
Friendly workplace
Cons
Not Always busy
Fun work place, friendly people, and great management.
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, AB18 March 2017
Jiffy lube was a great place to work at. The other members were very friendly and taught me everything I needed to know without issue. I would only feel rushed/stressed very rarely.
Pros
friendly work environment
Cons
Pay wasn't the greatest, occasionally was short staffed which led to a stressful day.
Good For Someone Who Has Little To No Experience
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON18 February 2017
The location I was at (Dec 1st 2016 - Jan 15th 2017) was a decent place to work, but not the best.

Management was horrible (micro-managed, expected ALL types of tasks/jobs to be done in a minimal amount of time) and the staff/co-workers were OK to help or train. Sad part was that the experienced techs weren't the greatest at helping during a rush or any good at multi-tasking. Asking questions during a rush was not always a good thing, but asking after was decent because it would be explained.

However, certain services and answers were questionable or could be found to be questionable if, you had basic training and/or schooling. An example: coolant transmission flushes. Tranny flushes weren't necessarily done properly and coolant flushes is something you don't exactly do. At least not the way it's done at Jiffy Lube.

Also, doing tire repairs and tire switches were VERY questionable. Having worked in a tire shop, some of the practices for tires was not exactly the greatest. Example: using tire plugs ONLY & ALWAYS putting in 35psi of air in the Winter tires. Doing the latter apparently helped with fuel milage, which was a new practice for me & a head-scratcher.
Pros
Good pay, benefits, learn basic knowledge of vehicles, learn to use various tools, possible advancement, owners of location were great
Cons
Long hours, no personal time, poor management, half hour break only, favouritism at times
Fun and fast paced environment
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Morinville, AB13 October 2016
- Typical workday was pretty consistent and short only if it was busy.
- I learned a lot of team building skills, customer service, and hands on mechanical skills.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was it was easy going and had a great and rare atmosphere to find at a work place.
- Management was all around good.
Pros
Experience
everyone is nice and friendly and help each other out
Lube Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 May 2016
have never had trouble with anyone so work is good, manger is really friendly and likes to joke around while working.a typical day would be going into work and looking professional with all your safety equipment on. i have learned new ways to talk to customers and that double checking is really important. the most enjoyable time of work is the whole day everyone is just so friendly and it ls amazing.
I don't get paid enough for their expectations.
Lube Technician (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON16 September 2015
I think this place is horrible. They treat you like you can be replaced and they have way to high of expectations for the amount of pay they give. They want you to be fast but also sell extras, when you can actually only do one or the other. The actual owner texts and uses his phone while talking to you like you are not important. I feel like I could work good for someone that actually treats their workers well and with respect!
Pros
Paid weekly with benefits, I can do warranty work on my truck.
Cons
Long hours, no allotted break times you only get a break when its not busy, I hardly ever get 2 days off in a row.
Not a career
Lube Technician (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON31 August 2015
Same sad story day in day out, poor pay, poor management, too much expected from employees, persons hired with little knowledge in field and given much responsibility, unfair bonuses if high benchmarks aren't achieved, penalized bonus for sick days used without coming to work and leaving during shift, poor work atmosphere, coworkers stepping on each other, maximum pay poor and hard to achieve
Pros
Discounts
Cons
See review
Great place too work.
Lube Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 July 2015
Jiffy Lube is a great place too work, I have been doing it for almost 7 years now. Just need a change after doing this for so long.
The company was an amazing experience, I wish there were more room to advance
Lube Technician (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON11 November 2014
A typical work day involved either my being a hood tech, sales or work in the pit and provide maintenance services for vehicles.
The management was fair and were always present, this was best for the shop's work ethic as we all worked in a close, teamwork oriented environment.
The hardest part about the job was learning to service the vast array of vehicles that came into the shop, memorizing the parts for each and service points for each.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to work on a vast array of vehicles, some of which I would never have dreamt to have worked on. The highlight was performing maintenance work on the ghost busters car!
An amazing work experience, amazing coworkers, and a solid learning experience.
Pros
Long hours, many educational challenges
Cons
Not many advancement opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jiffy Lube. Our community is ready to answer.