Jiffy Lube

Jiffy Lube Employee Reviews

Canada110 reviews
Great Environment
Though I was not there long, I learned essential skills related to being in the workforce. My manager was understanding and took a chance to hire me when I was young and inexperienced and I think that it paid off.
A workplace that doesn't give you any chances to learn from mistakes and improve
Coworkers don't train you well. Expects you to know everything. Doesn't give one any chances to improve or learn from mistakes. Fires hard-working new employees who make mistakes but want to learn from them.
Disrespectful
Very busy fast pase only care about money not thier employees if busy no breaks managment not truthful to headoffice learned to solve customer problems
Underpaid for expectations, poor management.
The owner of my location is under experienced in business ownership and it shows. After a year, another employee was fired for a 3 week vacation she had booked off 6 months in advance. Minimum wage pay, but expects extensive car knowledge, with no training, resulting in a very frustrating first few months for any new employee. Owner only cares about his profits, doesnt care at all about customer or employees.
Pros
Good to learn car maintenance after 6 months.
Cons
Bad pay, bad management, bad work atmosphere, owner advertises his greed openly, expects alot out the gate with next to no help learning.
Good past paced work
it can be really up or down depending on loction, some days are very busy to where ou blink and the days done however on the other hand sometimes it can be very slow and the days can drag on. overall good lower stress work on most days
Great fun place to work
I had lots of fun working for these people. They are good peoples. Calm and content. Always nice to costumers.
Very good Christmas party. Manager was always around to chat and see things we’re working.
fast paced enviroment
It was fast-paced work and fun. Good job for someone who likes to be around cars and does quick work but with quality. I was just part time help for the summer.
Fair
Working there was vary good but management needs a bit of improvement overall vary on going vary good work space organization is vary good staff are okay
Grate fun place for starters
If you want to try an automotive kind of setting to do basic service jiffy lube is the place to start fun outgoing people and you may learn a thing or two about different types of vehicles
Great job experience
Althought the pay isn't great, the atmosphere is amasing. You can learn a lot about cars from this job. Management is top notch. I would highly recommend this job for those who are interested in getting into the car scene.
Don’t apply it suck
Worked at jiffy for over a year and was fired like I didn’t even matter the owner is horrible don’t do it, not worth the stress and definitely not worth working for mini
Terrible place to work
Dont advise anyone to work here you just get treated like garbage and they just fire you for no reason right before they have to pay benefits, and then the things this place does to customers cars is disgusting, pay an absurd amount of money for an oil change that ends with them either breaking your stuff or telling you you need to replace thing that dont need to be replace. Places like this should be shut down the just a bunch of crooks
Pros
Cons
Treated terribly and they steal your money
productive fun place
overall very healthy enjoyable workspace. t=The management is kind and hard working. They keep staff relaxed and still maintain amazing results in work experience
Management was alright, employees were always nice and super caring of each other
I worked at Jiffy Lube as a Lube Tech for 2.5 years/ 3 and never did I see a pay raise after always giving it my all.. when I felt like I would never get a raise my ambition to push myself there felt like a waste of time, when I did ask for a pay raise it wasn’t given after I asked a year prior to this second time asking I realized the management at Jiffy Lube isn’t the greatest considering the manger there for 5+ years just woke up one day and left!
Pros
Great co workers always had fun
Cons
Management, $15/hour working on 45k+ vehicles
Save your time & dont apply
Have worked there for about 1 and a half years. Learned the hard way that no matter how hard you work & no matter how much time, effort, and passion you put into this place. You aren't valued and respected as you should.

$18 seems like a good pay, but when you work your body off like no tomorrow constantly every week 5 days a week and you deal with RUDE customers who act like they know what they're talking about

( If they did they would be doing it themselves ) AND ON TOP OF THAT deal with UPPER MANAGEMENT that keep you reeling you in with "Benefits" that are never given & "Raises" is the word that they toss at ALL the staff to just keep you wanting to stay.

The only benefit you get is experience in the field and learning how low your standards can get.

The only raise you'll be getting is probably in your depression pills for the lack of sanity you get for being at this place.

Honestly tho, me and the staff always did our best, but just imagine constantly being watched and nagged at by UPPER MANAGEMENT everyday.

Work is about making money & gaining experience, and the only way you're going to keep your sanity is by having fun, bonding with people, but apparently we aren't allowed to do that.

I wonder if Jiffy Lube has ever tried coming in and looking at this bushiness cause they should, its ridiculous.
Pros
Atleast they dont mess up payroll alot
Cons
You're going to need alot of sanity
what i learned
how to change oil in a car and try to upsale the customers to a better product. I learnt how to change cabin air filters and do tire swaps. regular air filters etc.
Pros
employee parking
Cons
you need to be super fast at working
Just Horrible
This company (depending on location) is good for learning the basics. Even then not so much. The owners of Simcoe ON location will hire any one with a heart beat including the manager who knows absolutely nothing about vehicles. Even in the managers position you are not treated fairly, work will consume most of your life , the training is lacking , the employee appreciation is severely lacking. The benefits are “meh” at best. Please if you’d like to learn about vehicles work for a dealership or an actual shop.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, unfair management, poor training
If I could give zero stars I would.
Worst company to work for. Zero appreciation. Horrible hours. Treated like total garbage. And they will fire you for no reason. With no care. I could go on but there isn’t enough room.
Nosy Boss = Demotivated Employees + Bad For Business
The owner and area manager are way too nosy, so much so that working on daily duties becomes hard. The owner and his wife (the accountant) follow very questionable tactics for paying their employees.
Great work enviornment
jiffy always kept a smile on your face, it was always busy so youre always on your feet, learning a lot, they made sure during the summer that everyone stayed hydrated
Full of empty promises.
They expect the world and give you nothing in return. Constantly putting them above family and your own well being. Overzealous management and micro manages. Unfortunately they train with fear. Its a job but not a career no matter what the operations manager tells you. Unfortunately with the change of head office staff this company is going down hill. Morally. Go to a dealership. You will be paid better for the same work.
Pros
None.
Cons
Long hours. Rediculas shifts. Empty promises.