Jiffy Lube Employee Reviews

not bad but not for me
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON17 April 2018
I spent a lot of my years here mainly because i felt stuck there.
This job drove me to hating the customer service industry. People can be nasty. You can't please everyone, when the company is happy with you its because your sales are up but that doesn't make the customers happy because they felt pressured, but when the customers were happy because you didn't pressure them then the company was down your throat because you weren't selling enough.
Customer service just isn't for me
Pros
ability to move up in company quickly, work on some pretty cool cars
Cons
high turn over, lots of pressure from head office, not a lot of employee appreciation
Fast Environment
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC25 March 2018
Tough long days, A-lot of patience is required, Very high quotas and stress levels, Very unprofessional environment, Low recognition of contribution to team
Fun workplace
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 March 2018
The co-workers were great. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendly work environment and reliable service we provided. The management does not micro manage.
touch work environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 March 2018
I am very grateful for Jiffy Lube and Mr Lube because theses were by far my hardest jobs. this industry is hard labor, fast paced, think on your feet, bad weather conditions, etc.
I learned how to talk to people here, i also learned the art of persuasion as well as how to talk down temperamental costumers.
the management for this industry is usually unstable from my experience, they dismiss employee desires and often rights, and the benefits do not compensate for the amount of work that is done.
the hardest part is meeting with unrealistic expectations, wither it is a sales goal, hours worked etc.
we sometime receive free lunches, however these are due to circumstances when we are to busy to receive proper breaks. the lunches are supposed to compensate for lack of breaks,
I make it a point to learn as much as i can to make this job more enjoyable. so i did learn how to think differently, how same cars for example can have the same problem but require different responses. Sometimes we get bonus with our pay, but management can withhold it without notice.
Pros
easy commute, free lunches, flexible hours
Cons
long upaid hours, work environment is hostile, management is unstable
Watch out for bad managers
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Okanagan, BC8 February 2018
Worked at one in the okanagan not naming the shop, the owner was awful, belittled me infront of customers, made fun of me to other employees, overcharged for services, wasn't good with customer service. If you made a mistake, instead of talking with you in private, would bring it up infront of customers and employees, asked a question regarding something you didnt understand or didnt want to take apart due to potential damage occuring, would treat you like garbage. Never bought tools required to preform jobs. Will never work there again, and pitty whoever takes the position over. The staff I worked with (excluding the manager) however was excellent!
Pros
Good hours, decent pay, benefits, good employees
Cons
The manager
can be a fun place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, AB18 January 2018
This place can be a fun place to work as long as the shop is busy. when busy no issues every one happy, when slow your hours will get cut and sent home.
great personel terrible work enviroment
Oil lube technician (Former Employee) –  Weyburn, SK9 January 2018
the company as a whole conglomerate is great but there are a few branches that aren't being run the best or in the most cost effective ways the staff is quick and most are knowledgeable
small home town shop
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Black Diamond, AB3 January 2018
daily oil changes, fluid changes, wiper blades, tire checks, air filter changes, fuel filter changes or gas and diesel vehicles, as well as interacting with customers.
good lesarning experience
hood tech (Former Employee) –  London, ON15 November 2017
i would work on all cars that came in for oil changes,transmission changes and so on all the way to sales. everyday was different but it was a good place to learn when i was looking for my first job
Pros
the boss would buy lunch if we were swamped
Cons
nothing really
Fun, fast pace workplace
Lube Technician (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK15 November 2017
I enjoyed being an employee here although the pay wasn't the best and it had lots of room for improvement but nothing was done by the owner to improve much. Owner should be less worred about making an extra buck and more worried about the customers and staff
Pros
You get a break when theres no customers
Cons
When its busy you dont get any breaks
Not to bad
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB14 November 2017
Would not work at my old job again to many in shop problems and to many problems with people that work there ..................,.......,..,...........
Filled tires if there low and check oil
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 October 2017
At this job you did the oil changes and filled tires. When it not busy you cleaned and did innovatory and also stocked shelf when supplys run low. Meet great people.
Pros
Great people
Cons
not that busy some days
Fun place to work with a lot of customers and a busy shop
Manager (Former Employee) –  Langley thru Vancouver2 August 2017
Enjoyed working in Langley for over 25 years, enjoy meeting people, customers that I have met , I grew up with a lot of them they the years, that's a great way to meet a lot of excellent people. I enjoy working with people in the shop and customers. I have excellent PR Skills.
Pros
Some lunch meets and and meetings
Cons
Worked over 10 hour days for over 25 years
Pleasant atmosphere. Good to meet people. Easy-going management.
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON8 July 2017
Extreme weather working conditions in the pit - very hot in summer months and cold in the winter. No fresh air most of the day and no chance for advancement or new learning opportunities.
Good experience
Lower Technician (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON3 May 2017
Badly managed but learned a lot with own initiative.

Dead Business, no commission offered. Employee attitudes at this location was horrible.

Store manager only looked out for himself, and did a lot of fraud that went unreported.
Hard work
Upper Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 April 2017
I enjoyed working here because i got to work with my hands and help customers maintain basic maintenance on their vehicles. The staff were mostly friendly and the management was strict but fair.
Not a bad place to work
Vehicle maintenance & customer service (Former Employee) –  Bracebridge, ON and Newmarket, ON22 April 2017
good place to learn a lot about vehicles. stay busy and i found the work to be very easy and somewhat rewarding. if the pay was better id still work there.
Pros
stay busy
Cons
can be abit frustrating
Fun workplace
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC17 April 2017
Good place to work. learned alot about general maintenance on vehicles. learned what oil and fluids do for a vehicle and the importance of maintaining your Vehicle
Pros
Friendly workplace
Cons
Not Always busy
Fun work place, friendly people, and great management.
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, AB18 March 2017
Jiffy lube was a great place to work at. The other members were very friendly and taught me everything I needed to know without issue. I would only feel rushed/stressed very rarely.
Pros
friendly work environment
Cons
Pay wasn't the greatest, occasionally was short staffed which led to a stressful day.
Not a bad place to be depending on employers
Sales Advisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON25 February 2017
My experience at Jiffy Lube was great, despite what I've heard about other stores. The 477 Grove St. E location in Barrie is awesome! Excellent owners and staff alike.
Pros
5 minute breaks each hour, discount services
Cons
Long hours/weeks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jiffy Lube. Our community is ready to answer.