Jewish General Hospital

Jewish General Hospital Employee Reviews

Canada113 reviews

hospitalpatientgeneralmedicalenvironmentteamstafffriendly

Good experience

Overall good experience good start for a career get exposed to all the units. ICU NICU ER. Great place to began. Take good care of employees. Good staff

Cons

Expensive helath insurance not worth the money

Conjusive

Very good environment to work at I really enjoyed the time I was there staff is very friendly and there is team work there you get paid very fairly and hours are there to work the clients are very helpful to work with and the management aswell is very helpful to staff and the benefits are good you feel that atleast you are working

Insights into Jewish General Hospital

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job
  • Time and location flexibility

Always have work to be done .Time goes by fast.Staff very friendly .Able to buy breakfast and lunch on sight.Downfall hard to find parking especially during winter.

Very nice hospital with high standard but understaffed

It can be stressful and very fast-paced working in a lab at the JGH, and due to understaffed situation there could be some mandatory overtime. However, I also learn a lot working there and my team has been great. Overall, JGH is a great hospital with high standards and strive for high quality service for their patients. I can say that I value my time working there; it makes me grew a lot as a person.

Amazing staff and organized job

It was a summer job so I didn’t have the position for long, the staff felt like family and they were very patient during my training. Learning new skills eceryfsy

Amazing Atmosphere to work

Working at the JGH has taught me many different perspectives in life , I have learned to work with many different cultures learn about different cultures . I work with amazing people ,have taken care of exceptional patients that have taught me life is precious and you have to appreciate every moment.

Fun place yo wotk

I had a great experience working at the Jewish General Hospital. Worked in two departments. Housekeeping and laundry. Job was not hard fast paced environment. Working with partners is common especially in the laundry department. It was a good environment.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Weekend/ holiday work

Lovely people but lots of work to do

I loved working with the workers, very friendly and willing to help you out. Management stresses you regarding turn around times and backlog. The work can be exhausting.

Fun to work at the Jewish

Love working at the Jewish General Hospital , good team players, management,,and the environment is so good, Always trying to find something to inertain my patients no matter how much the situation might be

Pros

Sometimes we get some apritiatlon lunch

Cons

Enough hours

poor organization in the hospital, but nice coworkers.

everyone is lost, all they do is talk about each other and complain. the secretary is mean for no reason. management is horrible because they don't communicate with their workers, but have time to point out all the negatives. i mostly relied on my coworkers to teach me the ropes. on call is the worst. they barely call you when you put in 4 days of availability.

Pros

independent work, pay, benefits

Cons

management, on call never calls or calls an hour or 2 before the shift

Fast past, short staff & needs to care more for its employees.

Administrative place not well managed for the employees, difficult place to take your breaks too much work!!! Fast past and easy to make mistakes. Too many patients, not enough staff often.Not enough PAB’S or BA’S….! The families are kings and the Staff is not important….! Meaning, even if we are disrespected by families the hospital will always side with the families. Not a safe environment…! Can be verbally and physically abused! In some departments bullying is right of passage and nothing is done to prevent it! Positive points: Great hospital to learn under mostly great doctors! Very advance equipment & learning tools! Multicultural hospital and holistic approach taken with patients and their families.

work hard and go home

Jewish general hospital is multicultural institution. Patients and staff from multi races and culture, you will find people like you, and people embraces other culture and ethnic groups.

Pros

nothing is free

Cons

some floors are very heavy. and you need to be professional and willing to work within a team, if you are a lazy person you will face lots of rejection.

It has its pros and cons

I worked as a housekeeper years ago. Pros: Good Pay. Unionized. Two 30 to 45 minute breaks. Paid sick days. Honestly, not a hard job if anything this was the easiest job I had ever had in my life. Cons: Because it is unionized, it attracts ALOT of lazy people since they know they wont get fired. Alot of people doing the bare minimum or disappearing for an hour when it isnt break time. If you are a newbie, some coworkers will try to intimidate you into doing their job. Some coworkers tend to be rude and this job attracts very ghetto people. Some of them are just grumpy & have lost their spark & are not a joy to be around. I would too if I was cleaning poo my whole life. Overall, an easy job if you want to make fast money and save up, but I dont recommend staying in this department since it attracts questionable characters.

Good for long term

i never thought of staying four years there, and then time flew, with many ups and downs. the staff is super mixed with different cultures getting together to make the place tick, very representative of what Montreal is. if you’re a professional, the chances for advancement are wonderful. but if you’re a support worker, don’t count on your ambition to help you accomplish anything positive, you’ll get laughed at and ridiculed. management changes are a problem. all in all, it’s decent place to work if nothing else is available, but politics and nosy coworkers are a real issue that hinders the total happiness of working there

Pros

great open environment, friendly coworkers

Cons

always someone watching and judging. everyone’s your “boss”

great place to work,friendy and professional environment

amazing work place. great work life balance.management team are understanding and easy to communicate with. professional and friendly environment. multicultural setting.

Engaging work environment

Great environment. I enjoyed working there, projects move swiftly, it's fun and management set clear objective, it's a collaborative work place where you feel safe to express yourself.

Pros

Teams

Cons

Parking

Lifelong Careers Exist Here

Although I do not particularly see myself working the rest of my life at this institution, it is not uncommon to meet people who have been working here 30+ years. And it's not hard to see why..firstly, if you are anglophone, you'll fit right in. Once you have your permanency you start at 4 weeks of vacation and 10 sick days per year. It is a mostly friendly environment. The only thing that really sucks is the parking situation. Other than that, great place to work also almost impossible to get fired.. you'll just get moved to another department at most.

Pros

Lots of time off, mostly english, layoffs/firing nearly impossible

Cons

Parking very expensive

Academic teams believes in high academics only

They do not follow the research rules, that is true for many investigators and they know where to cut jobs such as admin to make sure the higher ups and the institution makes money!

Great Place

I was a patient transporter. I found the job to be easy once you get to know the place. Great pay, Unionized "position". If you don't go into details you are protected and represented. The only difficult thing was dealing with others. Nurse are among those with the highest level of stress. They sometimes take it out on you. Patients and families are going through a hard time which they also take out on you. It's a matter of just taking everything with a grain of salt and knowing what your job entails. You are absolutely allowed to help, but when they are giving you attitude for no reason.. is it really your job? No, patients need to be ready upon arrival. If you treat people with respect they will help you. If you do your job, you won't have to see the bosses. All they want is for you to do your job without causing ripples. They will absolutely defend you if anything goes wrong with other staff members, so long as you know what your job is. After 3 months of full availability, they are flexible with how much they'll call you to work. You just have to let recall know. You work in a team. Some calls require 2 people as it is a bed, if you are strong and don't appreciate your back, you can do it alone. As of recently, I know transport does calls to the morgue. Just not on the weekend. Like any other hospital job, you won't immediately get a position unless thats specifically what they are looking for. You will most likely only get replacement or extra shifts, which honestly would come out to a 30+ hours week. Salary is amazing, if you're not full time. HR isn't very helpful -

Nice and stable place to work

My experience was great Great team work and open door policy The managers is great you get answers to our problem Highly professional environment ,Friendly and caring .

Pros

sometimes free lunches

Cons

Stressful has to meet deadlines

Nice place to work

Nice place to work. Salary is good. The surgeons are kind and really listen to you, the specialists really get to know you and keep in touch and the nurses are kind, one even shared her orange with me as I almost passed out after a round of very long and brutal tests. Sometimes finding your pavilion can be a bit of a maze, but the signage does seem to be slowly improving. I got some blood work done here last week and I packed a book as I figured that I would be in there for hours. I walked in and before I even grabbed my number they took my hospital and health cards and sent me to the waiting area. I was in and out within 15 minutes during the middle of the day, incredible. I have been to some of the other hospitals and none of them come even close to the knowledge and care at the Jewish General.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jewish General Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement