Jenny Craig Employee Reviews

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Support from manager

Great place to learn new skills but don’t expect it to be your forever job

Very stressful job. At the end of the day it’s about sales and making as much money as possible for very little pay off in return. You work until done and even if you have lots of vacay days they will only let you take so much time off in a row. If you are sick for more than 1 day in a row they will only use 1 sick day at a time so be prepared to not get paid while sick at home or waste your vacay days to lay sick in bed. Work life balance is very off. Higher up positions don’t seem to help those in lower positions as much as they say. The job description is not accurate. There are plenty of tasks that end up being pushed onto you with very little support from the manager.

Pros

Commission

Cons

High stress/pressure, very little support

Low pay, high-stress environment

I was a Center Manager and was forced to work split-shifts and take care of the Center and clients all day by myself. I was constantly micromanaged and wasn’t paid enough for the level of responsibility. Upper management needs to get it together. I wouldn’t recommend working here to anyone who wants to have a life outside of their job.

Pros

Discount

Cons

Low pay, long hours, split shifts, micromanaged time

Very competitive work place and high quotas to make.

Depending on the team you work with it’s very competitive, always trying to get ahead of the other consultants. Very stressful at times trying to meet quotas. Changing pay status without notice.

Pros

Discount is fair

Cons

Pay scale and high quotas to meet.

Would not recommend

No care is given for staff or clients; at the end of the day it’s all about the bottom line and not the clients. However if you enjoy being micromanaged, being married to your job and having your hours changed on a moments notice Jenny Craig is the place for you. Oftentimes you’ll work all day by yourself trying to run the whole centre. High stress is an understatement and with the current business model I doubt that this company will survive much longer. High staff turnover as well.

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

Everything else

Jenny Craig

My interview process was rushed . In turn it caused me as an employer to be overwhelmed. I wasn't always able to meet the needs of management and clients.

Pros

Knowledge of health and nutrition

Cons

Management interview process

Would not recommend

Can make decent money but you’ll be worked like a slave and don’t try to get sick cause they strictly don’t believe that people get sick and heavily discourage sick days and vacation

learned new skill

enjoyed working there, you need to come prepared to help clients. you learn to adjust your way of speaking to each clients need. you make calls to past clients and stock food.

They put a lot of money in the wrong area

Why the Supervisor Dm thinks seeing clients of the amount of 40-60 people every twenty minutes is normal/acceptable is ridiculous. I worked thirteen hour days as a Supervisor no staff at all and couldn’t go to the bathroom at all. Jenny Craig is a sales pitch and people buy it and it is so disheartening. I am so embarrassed and grateful I no longer had to work for a paycheck. You want to lose wieght its called exercise and portion control. Call me I will help you out

Moving backwards

This company is going down very fast , employees are quitting everyday as hours are being slashed and bonuses are non existent. Currently every centre is run single handed lay by the centre director with the consultants coming in only part time .The work load is insane and hours are way over 40 per week , yet the compensation in no way matches the work put in.

A company that doesn’t care about employees or even customers

Poor training, unreasonable expectations for the workload and hours. Not willing to pay overtime but not allowed to work overtime. Impossible to do the job as well as I would like under these circumstances. Micromanaging supervisor

A job that allows one to make a difference

Helping clients reach goals and making life changes. Work alone a lot of the time. Schedules are based off of client appointments. Opportunities to move up.

Good place to work but not enough hours

It’s a good place to work, you get to help people achieve their goals. But a lot of pressure to maintain the number of clients you have. You weekly hour is based on how many clients you booked for the week. Food is really expensive to buy, clients usually will stop coming if they don’t see results in a month. Also there are a lot of things you cannot control, like what clients eat what they do. A lot of them lie about what they did in the past week. And there’s no way you can find out if it is true or not.

Pros

Good pay, good benefits.

Cons

Really hard to keep clients coming back

good opportunities

Good place to work if you can devote alot of time and energy. You meet amazing people, both clients and co-workers. You really must be a people person and good with customer service.

Jenny Craig

• Conducted individual consultations with over 95 clients on a weekly basis to help and aid them in achieving their weight loss goals through the use of nutritional knowledge as well as motivational interviewing skills • Generated new clientele for the center to maintain objectives for the location set forth by the company • Maintained weekly and monthly financial and personal target goals set forth by the company standards

Enjoyed the intimate work environment and the opportunity to work with many great clients.

The managers i had during my 6 years, helped to make my experience a positive one. And because we had good managers we had a great team. Learned a lot and met many wonderful people. However, corporate consistently verbalized how the Weight Loss Consultants were the "corner stone" of the company and how important we were. Unfortunately our salary and compensation plan didn't reflect are said value.

Pros

Valuable benefits package and paid vacation. Staggered hours, helped avoid traveling in rush hour traffic.

Cons

Low hourly rate of pay and much improvement needed regarding their incentive program.

flexible hours

Working for Jenny Craig is a fun, interesting and easy way to gain experience in nutrition business. However, the inconsistency of the working hours during some period of the year or the lack thereof can be quite challenging.

Pros

discounts on the products

Cons

inconsistency from the upper management with the working hours

Without Regard To Support

A Typical Day : you work alone for the entire day- the Centre has 2 days split shifts, work morning till 12 come back at 4. You shoulder all responsibility, conducting consults, while phone rings,booking appointments, recording on a paper file clients week and menu all while more clients may walk in. Packing up all menu items and filling freezer room. One day a week heavy frozen stock comes in, you are also performing alone. You can not give good service. You are to make all the client calls, basic telemarketing at times. I learned how to multitask like it's no ones business, due to no other employee on shift when you are Upper management is in another Province, but give no support or training, they hire no support. They expect numbers and response to emails ASAP- but turn a blind eye to how over exerted busy being alone is at the centre level Workplace culture has no balance - disorganized,Senior management will destroy your passion for service by over working you at every angle. Making promises they do not keep. Hardest part of this job is working completely alone and doing the job of 3 people and Senior management has impaired empathy. The most enjoyable part is supporting clients get healthy

Pros

Employee discount on menu items, changing lives of clients, private offices

Cons

No support, very little computer training, difficult to take break, Split shifts mandatory so you drive back and forth to centre 4 times in one day, work alone entire shift, company puts compensation above client care, Senior manager may send email to cut hours at a moments notice, even reschedule confirmed client appointments, very confusing message to teams, literally take business hours away that you can use to build business and complete tasks.

All about numbers

If you love being micromanaged and having the Centre Director breathe down your neck, then this is the place for you. If you aren't with a client, you are expected to be phoning and harassing clients who haven't been in the centre for a while. I had a client whose mom died and I was told to call her every day. Salary is commission based on food sales so other consultants try stealing your clients. They are all about numbers. You are given a quota of what to sell a month in food. Then you get in trouble if you don't meet that quota. Very catty atmosphere. Hours suck. You have to work two evenings a week and one split shift a week and you have to work Saturday. This place is a joke.

Pros

Helping clients

Cons

Everything else

Positive, healthy atmosphere

I worked as a consultant and assisted the manager with her duties on the busy days or when she was away. There was a lot of opportunity to learn, but it would be touch to move up in the company by position. The better the food and product sales, the better the pay cheque. They have a decent compensation system and they are making a difference in people's lives by offering help for them to lose weight and life a healthy lifestyle. I was on the program when I began working for them and lost 50 pounds alongside the clients I worked with. It was motivating and life changing. I definitely recommend this job and the program if you have the opportunity to try it out!

Pros

Changing people's lives, motivating and satisfying job

Cons

Not much room to move up in the company

Productive and Professional

One of my favourite places ive been employed. Awesome managers hired always. Very well trained and knowledgable staff so everyone knows what they are giving to clients. Weekly meetings to ensure everyone is on the same page and on track.

Pros

Great management, fair pay, fun, make life long friends, professional

Cons

Not enough hours

great job/ poor company

loved working with clients each day. great staff to work with. upper management seemed never to be happy with performance. left as I felt my job was always on the line

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jenny Craig. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement