Jenny Craig Employee Reviews

Jenny Craig
Nutrition Health and Better Living Consultant (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON14 February 2019
• Conducted individual consultations with over 95 clients on a weekly basis to help and aid them in achieving their weight loss goals through the use of nutritional knowledge as well as motivational interviewing skills
• Generated new clientele for the center to maintain objectives for the location set forth by the company
• Maintained weekly and monthly financial and personal target goals set forth by the company standards
Enjoyed the intimate work environment and the opportunity to work with many great clients.
Weight Loss Consultant (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON6 February 2019
The managers i had during my 6 years, helped to make my experience a positive one. And because we had good managers we had a great team. Learned a lot and met many wonderful people. However, corporate consistently verbalized how the Weight Loss Consultants were the "corner stone" of the company and how important we were. Unfortunately our salary and compensation plan didn't reflect are said value.
Pros
Valuable benefits package and paid vacation. Staggered hours, helped avoid traveling in rush hour traffic.
Cons
Low hourly rate of pay and much improvement needed regarding their incentive program.
flexible hours
CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 January 2019
Working for Jenny Craig is a fun, interesting and easy way to gain experience in nutrition business.
However, the inconsistency of the working hours during some period of the year or the lack thereof can be quite challenging.
Pros
discounts on the products
Cons
inconsistency from the upper management with the working hours
Without Regard To Support
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 September 2018
A Typical Day :
you work alone for the entire day- the Centre has 2 days split shifts, work morning till 12 come back at 4. You shoulder all responsibility, conducting consults, while phone rings,booking appointments, recording on a paper file clients week and menu all while more clients may walk in. Packing up all menu items and filling freezer room.
One day a week heavy frozen stock comes in, you are also performing alone. You can not give good service.
You are to make all the client calls, basic telemarketing at times.
I learned how to multitask like it's no ones business, due to no other employee on shift when you are
Upper management is in another Province, but give no support or training, they hire no support. They expect numbers and response to emails ASAP- but turn a blind eye to how over exerted busy being alone is at the centre level
Workplace culture has no balance - disorganized,Senior management will destroy your passion for service by over working you at every angle. Making promises they do not keep.
Hardest part of this job is working completely alone and doing the job of 3 people and Senior management has impaired empathy.
The most enjoyable part is supporting clients get healthy
Pros
Employee discount on menu items, changing lives of clients, private offices
Cons
No support, very little computer training, difficult to take break, Split shifts mandatory so you drive back and forth to centre 4 times in one day, work alone entire shift, company puts compensation above client care, Senior manager may send email to cut hours at a moments notice, even reschedule confirmed client appointments, very confusing message to teams, literally take business hours away that you can use to build business and complete tasks.
All about numbers
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 September 2018
If you love being micromanaged and having the Centre Director breathe down your neck, then this is the place for you. If you aren't with a client, you are expected to be phoning and harassing clients who haven't been in the centre for a while. I had a client whose mom died and I was told to call her every day.
Salary is commission based on food sales so other consultants try stealing your clients.
They are all about numbers. You are given a quota of what to sell a month in food. Then you get in trouble if you don't meet that quota.
Very catty atmosphere.
Hours suck. You have to work two evenings a week and one split shift a week and you have to work Saturday.
This place is a joke.
Pros
Helping clients
Cons
Everything else
Positive, healthy atmosphere
Weight Loss Consultant (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON7 September 2018
I worked as a consultant and assisted the manager with her duties on the busy days or when she was away. There was a lot of opportunity to learn, but it would be touch to move up in the company by position. The better the food and product sales, the better the pay cheque. They have a decent compensation system and they are making a difference in people's lives by offering help for them to lose weight and life a healthy lifestyle. I was on the program when I began working for them and lost 50 pounds alongside the clients I worked with. It was motivating and life changing. I definitely recommend this job and the program if you have the opportunity to try it out!
Pros
Changing people's lives, motivating and satisfying job
Cons
Not much room to move up in the company
Productive and Professional
Client Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 June 2018
One of my favourite places ive been employed. Awesome managers hired always. Very well trained and knowledgable staff so everyone knows what they are giving to clients. Weekly meetings to ensure everyone is on the same page and on track.
Pros
Great management, fair pay, fun, make life long friends, professional
Cons
Not enough hours
Used to be a great place to work
Center Director (Former Employee) –  Toronto , Ontario19 April 2018
It was a great company ,unfortunately senior management changed hands. Management implemented that staff work alone. Safety issues ,long hours , must multitask 10 duties at once . Which now equals poor client care.Company not investing in New hire training leaving new employees lost in translation and tasks.No support from Senior Management at Centre Level.
Pros
Employee Discount -Changing lifestyles for a healthier life-Clients are great
Cons
Work alone, pressure of completing many tasks, back to back clients, long term employees quit as hours were cut.
great job/ poor company
Program Director and Consultant (Former Employee) –  Durham Region, ON28 February 2018
loved working with clients each day. great staff to work with.
upper management seemed never to be happy with performance. left
as I felt my job was always on the line
n/a
Nutrition Consultant (Former Employee) –  Signal hill, Calgary26 February 2018
It was a good experience at the start but as you were in the job position, it came a tad boring. I enjoyed the staff and my clients, but it got to routine and very boring at the end.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
low wages, long hours
clients are great/ horribly run
Weight Loss Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 July 2017
i have worked for this company for sometime, walking in you might think its great but its really gone downhill ... unsteady hours - cut from full time to part time, impossible quotas
Clients are great
Inspiring Work Place
Centre Director (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 March 2017
Being able to directly impact the lives of our members on a daily basis makes it all worthwhile. Working alongside wonderful coworkers who want to make a difference in peoples lives each day is a dream.
It can be stressful to hit targets and stay consistant with that.
Pros
Changing lives
Cons
Targets/Quotas
Good company to work for
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON26 January 2017
a sales oriented company geared towards helping people lose weight. Jenny Craig carries their own line of foods. Mostly frozen. All foods are portioned. Client comes in weekly to get weighed and talk to a consultant on how their week went. Success rate good
Pros
Wonderful staff
Cons
Stressful
Summer job
Client Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 December 2016
I cant remember much about this position as it was long ago. I thought it was great money but i was young. The woman that worked there were supposed to be helping their over weight clients, but they always complained about there weight and they were all pretty thin. They always judged their clients behind their backs.
Pros
I was able to indulge in their food.
Cons
Employees were mean
Chaotic work environment, stressful, expectations over exceed reality
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 November 2016
I would never work for this company again, for many reasons... it is not a family oriented business, the scheduling includes: mandatory Saturday shift, mandatory split shift, mandatory close shifts. This does not work if you have children in day care. Management is unapproachable, they expect you to always be there no matter what even if you are sick, the way the commission is set up it is next to impossible to reach- it should be designed for your FDA based on how many clients you have but it is based on a number that does not work if you do not have a full colum of clients. They do not genuinely care about the clientele, it is all about the money for them. Be prepared to be more of a telemarketer than anything else as cold calling makes up for the majority of your time. Lastly it is always your fault if your clients do not loose weight, management places all blame on the consultants and not the clients. I was a great consultant, my clients loved me, bought a full menu, and they lost weight. Still I was treated poorly and am very happy to be out of there.
Pros
Discount on Jenny Craig food.
Cons
Irregular hours, unapproachable management, poor pay, overachievable expectations, high stress
Not about the employees
Client Coordinator / Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 October 2016
I hated working here, i only stayed because of the staff.
The upper managment is all about hiring more people and cutting everyone's hours. it is all about making more money
no one gets full time hours, cause they don't want to pay benefits
but if you did work full time the benefits were worth it
most people were working 2-3 other jobs just to have a solid income.
the raises were good but that was all i liked.
Great staff to work with
Personal Weight Loss Consultant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC8 August 2016
Recent changes within the company made work very stressful and difficult.
They removed the position of customer service (someone at the front counter to greet clients, answer phones etc..).
While in consultations with clients, we were required to answer the phone or leave the room entirely to greet incoming clients.
Pros
Performance bonuses
Cons
Way too much extra admin work on top of consultations
Low wages, sales position
Health and Wellness Consultant (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON14 July 2016
Not the best company to be employed with after graduating as a Nutritionist. The salary needs to be revisited for employees as well as job position.
Pros
Consulting and helping others
Cons
Pay, benefits, hours
Productive workplace
Nutrition Consultant (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 June 2016
*The company needs to improve more in the Canadian Division: marketing, training, products.

*I learned sales skills.
Its ok.
Client Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 February 2016
The center I worked at has a flaky manager that just loves to tear employees a new one for minor things. Often times the manager herself will not follow rules set in place but will punish others for small issues. One girl was written up for being 2 minutes late and then reprimanded in front of clients. Extremely unprofessional.

There is also the case of "clients come first", however clients have waited almost 15 minutes (The length of a consultation) because the manager wanted to go over sales with the consultant.

People there openly talk about clients personal issues and sometimes even swear in front of clients. One of the consultants was talking about having "alone time" with her boyfriend in the front lobby.

You are rarely given recognition for any hard work and when you do its followed by everything else you supposedly did wrong.

The Vice president is a strange one. She will seem like a lovely women and she means well, but when she gave us a "motivation" session, she was completely degrading and picking on individuals in the room.

The place runs almost entirely on pushing sales. Forget changing lives and empathy, there is only ONE consultant I know focused on it.

One consultant has admitted to me that she hates her job and her clients and only cares for commission. Her clients LOVE her and bring her gifts and cards all the time and thank her for changing their lives. Its heartless.

I believe this center could be a wonderful place, but the people there are unprofessional and obviously do not care beyond making commission.
Pros
work hours, clients are lovely people (most of the time)
Cons
Work environment, unproffesional, negative people, Sales orientated rather than client.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jenny Craig. Our community is ready to answer.