JELD-WEN Employee Review

Windows and Door Assembly work
Assembly line laborer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 February 2017
Once the windows and doors were assembled, I would place the window or door in the shipping section and scan where the window or door was placed to await shipping. Moving the window by dolly was a good task. The shift was also overnight.

Other JELD-WEN Employee Reviews

Not a good work environment due to the lack of man management skills demonstrated by the plant manager.
Door Shop (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NS20 October 2019
I worked for this company for 15 years. This was an awesome company to work for until we received a new plant manager who did not take the time to learn about his employees. We had a new plant manager after the previous plant manager retired. This plant supervisor was hired to build doors in the door shop. He wasn't even properly trained in this job when our plant supervisor retired. He volunteered to do the supervisors job at the same rate of pay as he was getting for building doors. He proceeded to get his druggie friends hired, and made the manager believe he could take a lot of pressure off of him. As a result of his manipulations, he caused the removal of 5 employees who didn't see eye to eye with what he was doing. We were long term employees who would do whatever needed to be done to get the jobs done. Our only problem was we didn't agree with the way he favoured his friends over everyone else. The plant manager believed him over the 5 of us. Shortly after moving the operation from Amherst to Moncton, the plant manager discovered the truth , but we had already been terminated.
productive and fun workplace
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON15 September 2019
>they teach very well
> everybody treated equally
>management was too good
>work was not stressing
>culture of workplace was very friendly
>learned to assemble parts of doors and windows

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JELD-WEN. Our community is ready to answer.