JELD-WEN Employee Review

Term position horror story
Warranty Service Department (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 March 2015
A typical day at work was being bombarded with customers, dealers, management to fix a barrage of other people's errors over the phone and by email.

I learned to provide and keep proof of everything I do, and say. Co workers were great for the most part. The hardest part of my job was dealing with the managers expectations of their employees to handle the previously botched work by other staff members when others didn't come to work, quit, or were just plain fired.

They layed off several offices of staff while I was employed and simply didn't bother to hire additional help to deal with the additional work volume.

The only good thing about this job is that management was flexible when you needed to take time off to go for appointments.

The job was frustrating because when I and other staff pointed out things the company could change to make the job easier they pretty much just ignored us.

Also, mice running around in the office, not a nice work environment - filfthy, they couldn't provide appropriate office supplies like real desks. They had us working on door slabs instead of desks. Office was also freezing cold. Think having to wear your winter coat to do your job kind of cold.

The management also played favorited with staff members. The hardest part of the job was dealing with customers that were angry that Jeldwen product didn't live up to their expectations and the way that Jeldwen handled their issues were not timely.
Pros
Cons
Stressful, little job security

Other JELD-WEN Employee Reviews

It was a good experience.
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON30 October 2019
I have learnt many new things over there which will be definitely helpful for my future jobs. Team members were really helpful and supportive all the time.
Not a good work environment due to the lack of man management skills demonstrated by the plant manager.
Door Shop (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NS20 October 2019
I worked for this company for 15 years. This was an awesome company to work for until we received a new plant manager who did not take the time to learn about his employees. We had a new plant manager after the previous plant manager retired. This plant supervisor was hired to build doors in the door shop. He wasn't even properly trained in this job when our plant supervisor retired. He volunteered to do the supervisors job at the same rate of pay as he was getting for building doors. He proceeded to get his druggie friends hired, and made the manager believe he could take a lot of pressure off of him. As a result of his manipulations, he caused the removal of 5 employees who didn't see eye to eye with what he was doing. We were long term employees who would do whatever needed to be done to get the jobs done. Our only problem was we didn't agree with the way he favoured his friends over everyone else. The plant manager believed him over the 5 of us. Shortly after moving the operation from Amherst to Moncton, the plant manager discovered the truth , but we had already been terminated.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JELD-WEN. Our community is ready to answer.