JELD-WEN Employee Reviews in Winnipeg, MB

Fun
General Labourer, Jeld Wen Windows & Doors (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 July 2019
I'worked last 4 year's is little money and I worked fast louding and louding there's not much sefty that time know is ok also more people left the job
Pros
Summer Time Free screem
Cons
Long Hour's
Nothing positive to say
Shipper (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 May 2019
Managers are ruining what was once a good place. Now we don't feel the job security as in passed years. I do not recommend anyone to apply here. There is a useless union gladly taking money.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Bad managers. Union.
productive
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 December 2018
very nice company with friendly environment, supportive management & co-workers, good opportunity to learn in reputed company, with desired salary & benefits.
Collection Specialist
Accounts Receivable - Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 November 2018
I run reports, and review the payments that were received over night. I check my email for replies from customers. It's a fast pace office and there's lots of cross training. The staff works well together & I enjoy working with them. The hardest part of the job is you're not given enough time to get the extra projects done.
Pros
Close to home, so not a lot of time in traffic.
Cons
They don't pay jobs based on the current market.
work very enjoyable, management not great
Warranty Service Rep for Alberta Builders (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 June 2018
a typical day is reviewing late tasks in the morning and processing new requests in the afternoon.
I learned a lot of information about windows and doors
Management of department is not good.
Workplace culture is stressful
The hardest part of the job is dealing with excessive change for no sensible reason
The rest of the team, we banded together to deal with the excessive stress, and we enjoyed the actual work and helped each other out as much as possible
Cons
never, ever catch up
stressful
Warranty Administrator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 June 2017
worked in the warranty department. the job itself is not that bad, the management is hard to work for. micromanages and very disengaged with their employees. Management seems to pick favorites and then forgets about the rest of the team. Promotes bad behavior in their employees and forgets the team members that demonstrate success.
Windows and Door Assembly work
Assembly line laborer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 February 2017
Once the windows and doors were assembled, I would place the window or door in the shipping section and scan where the window or door was placed to await shipping. Moving the window by dolly was a good task. The shift was also overnight.
Secure company, managed from a distance
group manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 January 2017
recent changes has moved/is moving all decisions to to the US. Likely room for advancement in the factories to middle management. Upper management is now mostly hired outside of the company.
Pros
large company, good benefits
Cons
pay below average
Professional Environment
Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 November 2016
Company provides great work-life balance with longer lunches and many activities throughout the year. The environment is professional filled with extraordinary people.
Great work experience overall
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 August 2016
Very good company despite restructuring. Amazing management style allows for maximum autonomy and growth. Great people overall. Amazing work environment, learned a lot about marketing and products.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
A lot of unpaid overtime
it was just a job
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 May 2016
not to many good things to say about the job was the first job i started in the production field but it did get me the first look at production
Productive and fun place to work at
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 December 2015
I enjoyed working with team players. It was a fast paced and I enjoyed working there. I liked keeping busy even when there seemed nothing to do there was always something to do at this job site.
Term position horror story
Warranty Service Department (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 March 2015
A typical day at work was being bombarded with customers, dealers, management to fix a barrage of other people's errors over the phone and by email.

I learned to provide and keep proof of everything I do, and say. Co workers were great for the most part. The hardest part of my job was dealing with the managers expectations of their employees to handle the previously botched work by other staff members when others didn't come to work, quit, or were just plain fired.

They layed off several offices of staff while I was employed and simply didn't bother to hire additional help to deal with the additional work volume.

The only good thing about this job is that management was flexible when you needed to take time off to go for appointments.

The job was frustrating because when I and other staff pointed out things the company could change to make the job easier they pretty much just ignored us.

Also, mice running around in the office, not a nice work environment - filfthy, they couldn't provide appropriate office supplies like real desks. They had us working on door slabs instead of desks. Office was also freezing cold. Think having to wear your winter coat to do your job kind of cold.

The management also played favorited with staff members. The hardest part of the job was dealing with customers that were angry that Jeldwen product didn't live up to their expectations and the way that Jeldwen handled their issues were not timely.
Pros
Cons
Stressful, little job security
people are nice.
Assembler level 2 (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 February 2013
physical work.

ensuring product quality is vital

strick management and safety oriented.

co workers are fun..

long hours standing

break time is fun.
Pros
people are fun.
Cons
breaks are short.