Jefferson Elora Corporation
Happiness score is 49 out of 100

Working at Jefferson Elora Corporation: Employee Reviews

Canada80 reviews

saturdayleaderproductionovertimeshiftassociatesafetyteam

People are lazy in my department.

Lots of lazy, old people in my department. Perhaps they need to be moved from our department. Overall i like my job even though theres lots of negativity, and lazyness.

Fun place to work

Very good company . People are cooperative, teachers of each other. Having fun to work there. I always learn from others. Very cooperative human resources,.

Insights into Jefferson Elora Corporation

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Sense of belonging

Great place

Great place to work it. They provide uniforms and they give a safety boot Allowance. I would appreciate more hours to work with overtime if available.

Overall good place to work

It's a good place to start for production and tech jobs not much room for advancement. Not much training have to do the job from day one and regular benefits

Okay place to work at

Not much to say, but was pretty okay . Management is okay. Work is a bit hectic and repetitive. Some departments are good, whereas the others are not upto par

Some what physically demanding job with decent pay for work being done

*THIS REVIEW TALKS PRIMARILY ABOUT THE TYPE OF WORK YOU WILL DODepending on your department you may be stuck on the "Table" which means you pick up metal parts and put them in a bin... thousands of parts. A lot of times Team Leads will keep new hires on the table ALL DAY and this is where people find a reason to quit. If you get put into stamping, ask, ask, ask "Can I get trained in quality?" "Can I get trained to operate?" "Can I get trained on the forklift?". Persistence is key and coordinators will ensure your demands are met - DON'T let them take advantage of you. In the weld department your job is very boring and consists of putting parts from stamping into jigs which are then welded by robots. The process can be interesting but the novelty wears off after the second quarter. Weld unlike stamping doesn't offer much in the way of 'real-life skills' and ironically this is where most of the senior associates work.To conclude, Jefferson is a place where you make money not a place to start a career (unless you have an education relating to Robotic/Maintenance Technician or HR). This doesn't mean it is the worst place in the world to work, just be aware of team leads and management taking advantage of you.

Fast-paced, high stress job.

Let me start by saying that your co-workers are your best asset. You will receive more help from them than any manager. The divide between the upper management and middle management is very obvious. The divide between all departments is very apparent. With no communication between departments or shifts its a free for all. If you go in with your own safety in mind, you'll be fine. Remember to ask questions. If you show up every day and can handle the ever changing shift work schedule; that HR dreams up you'll be fine.

Fast-paced, typical manufacturing

Pretty good job, like many manufacturing companies, it will give you what you put into it. Work boot program, they provide uniforms that they wash and take care of.

Pros

Benefited, Paid Vacation time, lots of room fir advancement t

Cons

Training can be lacking, work is monotonous

Good Work Environment/Culture

Great Team! Employer that cares about the associates. Clean environment. Friendly atmosphere. Fast paced; day goes by quickly. Excellent social events and cafeteria is on-site.

Productive but stressful

Quite a stressful place to work if you ask me. The management really needs to change and trust me the wrong people at higher level positions is the main reason why so many people have left this place

Boring and all bout production

It is very boring and only worry about munber of parts and don't care about employees and can't keep any employees longer then couple months and the cafferteria will try rip u off by putting something else in that more expensive

Overall dismal. Poor leadership, low pay, consistently ignoring issues with violence at work.

Overall I have found JEC to be horrid. Consistently safety concerns are ignored, team leaders who are of questionable character are brought on, problem individuals are rarely removed, the pay is horribly low and their isn't any opportunity to increases it outside of time at the company.

Pros

Great healthcare

Cons

Low pay, poor leadership, problematic dealings with safety.

Good people, good cafe, overall a good place to work.

I have worked here for many years. The company is a good place to work, benefits are good and competitive. Ample amount of paid time off, when you have earned it. Pay rather well.

Pros

lots of hours if that is what you want!

Cons

Can be too many hours some times.

Easy, mindless work for a decent wage.

I worked here for fifteen years. I always found the work to be easy and mindless but repetitive. I probably would have stayed longer but working rotating shifts while starting a family became too challenging. Also in the last year and a half, due to Covid, the work hours became a lot less and more difficult to make a living on. At peak times there was plenty of mandatory overtime particularly on the afternoon shift as well as required Saturdays.Turnover has always been a problem at JEC among associates, team leaders, and technical staff. I spent a great deal of time training new associates only to see them leave after a few weeks. HR was always easy and pleasant to deal with. But working with management and bringing forward any concerns was generally a waste of time. They show little concern for the working man and offered little more than lip service when discussing an issue with associates.Had they offered a straight shift I would have probably stayed around. Maybe even considered moving up with the company. But again, while changes to shift schedules were discussed, it's unlikely that it will ever happen.

Pros

Excellent HR team, good benefits, good vacation policy.

Cons

Rotating shifts, repetitive work, mandatory overtime on afternoon shifts, mandatory Saturdays, ignorant management team, poorly trained and qualified team leaders, wages not keeping up with the cost of living.

Cafeteria. Good food. Depending on your department job culture and stress varies.

Overall I enjoy working there. I think this is a good place for adults around 35 and up. Younger adults tend to slack off, skip work. If you need a dependable company with good benefits and secure future, I highly suggest working here. You get several work outfits, so you never wear out your personal wardrobe. I attended an all boys school so I am familiar with the cost savings associated with uniforms. You need a car/taxi as there is no public transit to get you there.

Pros

Friendly people. Decent training, excellent HR. Lockers/locker room

Cons

Needs more pay

lots of support from colleagues and management.

it was a decent place to learn and work but didn't pay enough to the skilled guys that were doing most of the work. they were accommodating when it came to time off/needing to adjust the schedule for appointments, switch shifts ext.

JEC is a fast paced,highly productive and friendly place to work especially the Human Resources department handling of employees.

A fast paced working environment. Human Resource personnel are very welcoming and have a listening ear to employees concern. JEC is a good place to work.

Pros

Work schedule is based on customer request and work share program arguments missing hours.

Cons

Not mental challenging work

Fast work environment will keep you busy

Review is for the weld side.You load parts onto jigs to be welded by robots, usually 2 jigs per person so you are constantly walking between the 2. Expect some muscle soreness at first, potentially joint issues after a while.Rotating days and afternoons with lots of potential for overtime if you are looking for it. There is also a fair amount of mandatory overtime including 8 hour Saturdays.Pay is ok and raises come frequently at the beginning but its not quite enough to offset the price of homes/ apartments in the area if you are planning on moving for this job.Benefits are also great and there are 2 weeks of paid shutdown every year.Team leaders seem kind of useless to be honest and you frequently see them taking half hour breaks and hour long lunches but if you take too long you'll hear about it.

Pros

keeps you busy, lots of overtime

Cons

early morning and late afternoons makes the changeover hard

Perfect and friendly environment

Excellent place to work hereEasy way to learnFriendly environment Cooperative staffGood atmosphere Easyy access to our online portal No partiality No rasicm

Cons

No negative

Ready fire aim

Too much emphasis on production, instead of professional development. Benefits are good.Short notices on overtime and weekend work.Some management good, some bad. People.

good team environment

good team environment, however the constant staff turnover means you won't establish many lasting relationshipsbecause staff turnover is so high they have become very proficient at training

Pros

good team environment

Cons

minimum breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jefferson Elora Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement