Jean Machine

Jean Machine Employee Reviews

Canada64 reviews
Good place to work for part time
It was a good place to work, only because of the people that I worked with. Upper management didn't seem to care much. There wasn't much room for advancement in the area that my store was.
very competitive workplace, full emphasis on sales
A typical day at work consisted of planning how many sales you need to make in order to reach the daily goal. store maintenance was essential as well as tracking sales on the chart.
Pros
in store discounts
Cons
slow long days
great people
great people, easy job, had a lot of fun there and genuinely enjoyed going. however i can only speak for one store and a few people from other stores i knew. not ran well by head office etc. sad to see it go, but saw it coming.
great learning enviourment
it was a good time while being there . i learned lots and made great connections on the way. it was a good job for me in my time before having children i enjoyed travelling and working with new customers and employees all over Ontario , its a job that will forever stick with me and carry over into future positions.
Pros
great work family
Cons
I found working for this company rewarding but still wanting more of a challenge. I hope to have personal and growth within starting a new career
Looking back on my experiences as the senior assistant manager of the Jean machine located in Toronto’s Eaton Centre I definitely have many things to be proud of and reflect upon.

I’m proud to say that I commited 250% of myself into my work and helping develope and coach my staff to run a successful business/location.

I’m now looking forward to starting a new chapter of my life and working career with new challenges and endeavours.
Pros
Fun work environment, encouraged to let personality shine through
Cons
Inconsistent supply of product
A fun work place with okay hours
Some days the hours were not great but most of the employees were fun to work with. It was a great opportunity to work there and a great we all tried our best.
Fun place to work
This was my first experience in management, working as an assistant manager. I received a lot of training and positive feedback and encouragement. It was fun working there, but advancement was rarely available.
Toxic Environment
The manager displays extremely poor professionalism while on the job by abusing the company phone, taking long lunch breaks, gossiping about other staff, refusing to serve customers, etc... It was a difficult experience working there since everything I saw and heard was against my values as a person. I ended up contacting HR after exchanging words with the manager about my concerns.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Management. Toxic environment.
Love working here! Fun environment and great product!
Retail is retail. Lots of negative comments out there but I love working for Jean Machine. Product is great, management is fun to work for and company cares about training.
Best retail place I’ve worked for l:)
Pros
Love the clothes and great team environment
Cons
Don’t send all product to each location.
Competitive and fast-paced work environment.
A typical day at Jean Machine as a sales associate would consist of maintaining the organization of the store. This ranges from simply restocking products to ensuring the sales floor is kept up to perfection. Meeting daily sales quotas were crucial as well as ensuring to upsell focus items.
Pros
50% off for employees.
Cons
Management is uptight.
Easy job, bad management
Not horrible, not amazing. Typical day involved stock and helping customers. Good training on proper fits, too bad the customers dont care and buy whatever, then complain it doesnt fit right lol
Sales Associate
-Daily customer interaction/building relationship/honesty
-Continuous learning

-Product Knowledge

-Inventory (customer trends/product popularity)

-Company strategie (reduce stock loss while/providing recommendations to increase store profit)
Pros
Training/Product knowledge
Cons
Having to wear the most up to date products continuously ( minimum wage job)
Branded Clothing
Management is horrible.

Overall wonderful place to work

Full of diversity

Options to move up in the company

As acting assistant I was involved in paperwork and observed company numbers including targets, KPI's (Key Performance Indicators) and head office information

As a key holder I was responsible for banking, auditing, opening and closing
Family Environment
Family feel with a great loyal group of members throughout the company. Unfortunately little room for advancement because people rarely leave (some there for 20+ years). Pay/bonus structure is low in comparison to other retailers.
poor management
Verbally abusive and explosive manager. Would berate employees in front of customers. Worst working experience of my life. It's unfortunate because the rest of the team was great.
personal review
I personally didn't like working for this company at all , it wasn't organized at all every location is different I still know people that work at certain locations but I guess you'll find out for yourself.
terrible workplace, worse management
I worked here for a while under a manager that was extremely unprofessional.

lots of double standards, manager can do whatever they want (including sitting in the back room on their phone or go shopping in the mall during their shift) and staff gets rude comments all the time, sometimes talking about customers being too fat or ugly for their clothes after they leave (even when they buy) noticed a lot of racist comments too. definitely avoid this place!
Pros
Cons
bad management, low pay
Your hard work isn't valued
Company always values money before their staff. Certain locations get ignored from HO and only big city locations get proper product allocation.

No longer a family run company.

Company slogan is to be the first choice for high quality designer goods, yet sells a lot of low quality items from china.
Great Merchandise
When working at jean machine you truly begin to appreciate fashion. The cloths are great quality and there's nothing better than making a man or women feel great in their own skin.
Pros
Great Cloths
Cons
Slower Traffic
Worst company ever
Pay everyone same wages management or not, over-time with no over-time pay, too cheap to hire staff so they make you work 7 days a week and usually open to closes, when your in store you have no help or support from head office they turn off their phones and don't respond to emails.. Horrible horrible company
Very busy
store was located in a school city, so traffic was pretty good. High turn over rate.

Pretty straight forward working environment, with some amazing co workers.