JCPenney

JCPenney Employee Reviews

Good Part time job
It was a great part time job , while I was in high school. I was still leaving with my parents and I only need the job to buy my cloths and spending money. I work two day of the week and the other two day during the weekend.
Great company to work for
JC Penny is a culturally diverse business that is all about diversity and inclusion. I enjoy coming to work and the day to day job functions are always a fun challenge. I always feel accomplished at the end of a work day and look forward to coming into work. I love the team aspect of JC Penny.
numerous opportunities for advancement
Wonderful, excellent employee discount, professional. Management was very flexible for any scheduling needs. Pay increases based on performance reviews.
A lot of memorization of where certain merchandise is within the store. high volumes of phone calls and online shopping for guests made your multi tasking.
Pros
discounted clothes
Cons
Hours
fun
I learen how to give a quality customer service and maintaining store department whenever i got a chance and also looking watching any suspicious activities and report to supervisor.
Pros
gift cards, some times free lunch
Cons
working late
love the customer not the team that much
Great place to work for first job or second job. As long as the team works together it makes for a fun day at work
An ideal position during a time of transition.
I found the schedule to be very good. I would arrive at work and having had excellent training when I started with J.C. Penney, Inc. I would know exactly what was expected of me daily. All of the breaks which were allotted by law were strictly adhered to by the company. Management was very easy to communicate with and managers had a heart for the employees daily success. Co-workers were very friendly and many friendships were formed amongst them. The most difficult part of the job came when there was a very rare customer complaint. Usually the customer complaining had a rough day elsewhere and they were easily calmed as a result. The most enjoyable part of the job came, when you saw the customer smile because they were truly thankful for the help they received from you.
Productive, Fun Place to work.
A typical work shift is always exciting because unexpected situations always happen. Co-Workers are all awesome, but management can do a better job. I learned how to function in a customer orientated environment and how to conduct sells.
Sales
I enjoyed working as part of the drapery department at JC Penney. This was a great start for me into the world of draperies, fabric and hard window treatments. I learned much from my managers and suppliers. I had a number of repeat clientele, which as a young designer meant the world to me. This is a great company that I wish many more years of success to.