JBT Transport

JBT Transport Employee Reviews

Canada9 reviews
Friendly Staff. Lots of Work if you want it.
I've been a highway driver at JBT for over 2 years. The staff is friendly, always take time to help. It's a non forced dispatch. There's lots of work if you want it. Give dispatch a days notice and they will turn you back out.
Family Oriented business
JBT Transport was an awesome place to work for. The people there really look out for you, and they want to make sure they can help you excel. It is like a family there, and they really work to make you feel at home.
Earned layovers not honoured.
Initially quite content with job.
Got ugly when requested layovers (3) be paid for. Dispatch agreed to 1. So, this translates into me working for free. There is NO $25 an hour paid waiting time.

Wait for days for reload. Dispatch makes major errors and blames driver. Keep records.
good amount of work and freight!
2 years in getting the work and time off as i need it. The office keeps me turning miles and i can pay for my truck and mortgage. Yard a bit small but organized
Pros
small office with good support
Not a good experience working at jbt...
Not good working here...as a company driver....
Truck was old,worn out,never fixed anything...

I had to go to the labour board to get my holiday pay...

They blocked my calls .very childish..owner ops seem to be happy..
Pros
Cons
A lot
eager to learn
Anyone who worked along side me will tell you I am all about team work, I am cheerful & always glad to have a job, I am a leader when needed & I fellow well also. I think my best asset is my communication skills growing with 9 brothers and sisters I am sure it help.
Pros
learning, leader, communication skills
Cons
not as strong as I was lol
good place to start out in the trade
a work day consist of service work/annual inspections. learned a lot about basic things and the fleet way of working in the trade including preventative maintenance.
Its an ok workplace
Salary is very low as a highway or city truck driver. People are nice trucks are well maintained. Still doesn't make up for below average wage salary in Canada. The cost of having family benefits is $95 a week for 80% coverage. That's almost $5000 per year coming out of your paycheque. Single benefit is about $42 per week. The pay out on you benefits is far less then what your paying in. Nice people and all but not making enough for the responsibilities associated with handling a truck and trailer. This is suppose to be a career. It's hard when you have to put in 60 to 70 hours a week to make a good pay cheque at JBT. Puts a lot of pressure and stress on a family working that much
Pros
No pros
Cons
Long hours with low salary
Very good place to work.
I would recommend to anyone. The days are long and the salary is a little on the low side. Operations works with you for family issues like doc appointments and or dentist. Smaller company with a good bunch of people
Pros
home every night
Cons
long days