JBS Equipment Employee Reviews

Great place to work and succeed
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Mission, BC7 November 2019
Job is fast paced but all in all a great place to work. Fab shop is one of the cleanest I've seen with decent equipment to work with. Most of the guys all get along and we have fun while pumping out great machines. Management expects us to work hard but is implementing policy to make sure we are safe in doing so. Rewarding place to spend the days working hours.
unorganized place
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Mission, BC18 October 2019
I was at jbs for a short time as a material handler. Didn't like the way they worked the recieving, very unorganized, and on the fly. I wanted to stay but couldn't deal with arogants of some. The shipping and receiving is way behind in times there. Can see the material handler job always be available. Pay was moderate, you have 3 months probation period, then you have to wait 6 months for your b benifits. Not a great place, good till you find something better.
great place to work ,room for growth
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Mission, BC12 February 2019
Ive been an employee with the company for nearly 5 years
great working enviroment fast paced with an awesome crew of workers ,can be difficult at time but everybody works as a team to help one an other.
Really bad workplace
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Mission, BC6 March 2017
When I started I was surprised how much manual work, to easy to hurt yourself, so many operations with heavy items with no help. Working at the heights with no safety harness.
Every time pushing for faster and faster work, even they say that you can refuse not safe work, but basically they want that you run for whole your shift. I am not surprising that people just turning over, and they hiring again. Not a team work everyone on their own. No clear instructions what you have to do, blaming one another for even small things. In the finishing department no lunch room, you have to have lunch in your car or on your knees.
Benefits after 6 months so allowed company to hire and fire easily with no damage to company. So basically not so much care for employee.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Not a team, push management, almost all job manual