Jazz Aviation LP

Jazz Aviation LP Management reviews

Canada96 reviews
I have enjoyed my time at Jazz with all it's ups and downs. The pay is decent & they practice a safety first culture which is excellent in Aviation. Management & HR are supportive. Time off is rarely denied if needed. Overall a pretty good workplace.
Pros
Safety first. Pension and benefits.
Cons
Not everyone is a fan of Unions. Communication could be better in my dept.
I worked at Jazz for several years during which I occupied both a First Officer and Captain position. During my stay, the environment was friendly and it felt like we were all part of one big family. Management was very approachable with any of my problems. I missed my coworkers ever since I've moved on.
As the only airline I've ever worked for I don't have much of a frame of reference. As a whole, I love working at Jazz and don't really have many complaints. I am based in YVR and have heard that the culture varies greatly by base but since we are mostly relatively junior here, we try our best to stick together. Air Canada Mainline treats us like the bottom of the barrel, outcasts and gives us terrible passes compared to the rest of their employees but our union is the best around and fights tooth and nail on our behalf. Overall an amazing place to call home and a great family to be a part of.
Nothing to comment on about this company. Do not work here anymore due to the lack of respect from air canada. They treated jazz very poorly and their employees.
They went to a metric’s based management system. This is usually an effective system to manage, but the management were all too embittered to apply it, so they continued to run the company in full panic mode. They hired all new Canadians to replace their higher costing employees and let the remaining experienced employees take all the risks. The SMS system there was hopeless.
Jazz has a culture of inclusion, acceptance and support for people of all backgrounds. They don't just talk the talk but encourage employees to be active in Women's groups, Aboriginal Groups, LGBTQ+ etc. Upper management truly cares about their people and promotion from within has our VP or Airports and other major leadership roles being held by long term employees that have worked their way up. To succeed at Jazz you need to be willing to move locations as the entry level jobs are not really career sustaining pay consistent with where the entire Airline industry is now. Jazz is the best company that I have worked for.
I love working in the airline industry. Jazz provided me with an exciting career working administration for Flight Crew. Management and staff were great to work with.
Coming I to a small base I didn’t know what to expect. I was eager, slightly overconfident, knew my material and was happy to be back in the industry. You’d think having passion for the job would be a good thing, not at this base. Over half the agents are 45+ and there are a few who are needless to say the most useless, backstabbing, lazy, pro-union to keep them safe when they don’t do their job and harass passengers. I’m glad I’m done there, they made me hate working in an industry I once loved!
Pros
Flight Passes, some coworkers
Cons
Back stabbing, egos, lazy agents, Type-A control freaks
Lots of time off, could argue it is the most or least flexible job ever, low salary, very bad management, no team environment - on your own, if you have no post secondary education then it would be a good job since on higher end of customer service salary, union, health benefits,
Avoid. Just avoid this company.
Lowest wage in industry.

Flight Dispatcher 13$ Hourly starting wage.

Dishonest and unhelpful supervisors staff.

But good place to take experience (heavy workload)

Very high rotations rate.
They are loosing 95% of new dispatchers during the first year
Pros
Flight benefits
Cons
Everything else
Bonne entreprise pour la progression d'un carrière dans le domaine de l'aviation.
great place to grow. full of opportunity. Good Management. good benefit. flying benefit. scholarship programmed and good health benefit and coverage. HR department is great
Stay away!! 95% of them have been there 20+ yrs and they will just look down there noses at you
judge you.

I’ve been yelled t and swore at by these people a number of times

STAY AWAY!!!
Pros
Nothing !!
Cons
Nothing!!
Salaire est dérisoire. Beaucoup est demandé en dehors des heures de travail. Le manuel doit toujours être à jour constamment et les changements sont très fréquents donc il est facile d'oublier un changement à moins de comparer vos manuels (plus de 1000 pages) régulièrement avec la version en ligne ce qui est très très long.

Beaucoup de directives et changement sont envoyés par email et on s'attend à ce que vous les mémoriser sur le champs, ce qui est evidemment presque impossible. La plupart des FA ne sont pas à jour mais puisque les contrôles sont aléatoires alors peu se font attraper.
Le management est au courant mais ils se lavent les mains en laissant la responsabilité aux FAs alors qu'un peu d'imagination sur les facons de faire pourrait améliorer le sort des FA et l efficacité des résultat.

Technologie archaique. C'est une compagnie avec un style de management old school. Vraiment pas ouvert aux innovations.

Ce n'est pas une compagnie pour les ambitieux puisqu'ils n'y a pas d'avancement, Le système de séniorité actuel n'est pas juste du tout et n'est bénéfique que pour 10% des FA. Ce n'est pas une méritocracie ou un employé qui désire être performant peut obtenir des avantages. Renforcement positif est inexistant, vous êtes punis si vous manquez à une règle mais n'êtes pas récompensé si vous obtenez de bon résultat.

Vous êtes payé que pour les heures de vols donc si vous des délais arrivent, alors une compensation ne vous est pas donné. Cependant, la règle est ''l'horaire ou mieux'' ce qui veut dire que si votre horaire indique que vous travaillez le lendemain
 - more...
Respect for Employees = 0!
Pay is LOWEST in the industry

High Stress level at all times.

Management is too focused on making more money by spending less and less on operations.
Safety is getting jeopardized by management level.
Pros
Few Good co-workers
Cons
Poor pay, no recognition, management disrespectful
Good Management and work life balance. Culture is great to work. Senior management is willing to help and support you to advance in your career. Great opportunity to work.
I did not enjoy working for this company. Very bad moral and a very stagnant work environment. Lots of turn over and no possibility for advancement.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Bad Management
Poor management who offer little support, weak union, no acknowledgement for hard work, low pay for representing an airline and all the complexities that come with the job (cancelled or delayed flights, oversells.. it’s not an easy job).
Extended health benefits are shared cost after six month probationary period (shared 50/50).

Flights are standby (space available) for employees and are not free. Seats are given in seniority order.
Pros
Last minute standby travel at low cost
Cons
Toxic work culture.
Stable et loin du grincage politique bruyant de la compétition.
Un environnement de travail où il y a un sentiment de travailler en équipe, les opportunités d'avancement sont excellentes pour la décennie à venir . Les salaires sont intéressant et surtout la mission de l'entreprise est bien axée sur l'accroissement et la diversité.
YOU can easily get addicted to lifestyle. You will be away all the time but enjoy awesome travel benefits. The people you work with are awesome. The management never changes and they are not much help but otherwise a good company to work for.
Pros
travel
Cons
Very unprofessional, even in office environment. Use to be a great place to work but not any longer. The atmosphere has become very volitile due to stressful working conditions, being short staffed and not allowed to call in overtime. Complaints and issues are unheard by upper management.
Wages are on the lower end for maintenance compared to the industry standard.

Medical and dental benefits are great. Flying passes are hard to use since an Air Canada employee whos been working with the company 2 months can get a seat before me, I've been with the company 20 years.

New people being hired are quickly leaving for other companies and people who been with the company for years are actively seeking other employment. Zero room for advancement to upper management.
Pros
Medical and Dental Benefits
Cons
Low wages, very volitile, unprofessional and stressful.