Jazz Aviation LP

Jazz Aviation LP Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative12 reviews
Canada12 reviews
People are kind and caring.
Really allow you to explore the world.

The salary is enough for you to live by.

The hours are long.

You can deal with people in all walks of life.

A great experience.
Coming I to a small base I didn’t know what to expect. I was eager, slightly overconfident, knew my material and was happy to be back in the industry. You’d think having passion for the job would be a good thing, not at this base. Over half the agents are 45+ and there are a few who are needless to say the most useless, backstabbing, lazy, pro-union to keep them safe when they don’t do their job and harass passengers. I’m glad I’m done there, they made me hate working in an industry I once loved!
Pros
Flight Passes, some coworkers
Cons
Back stabbing, egos, lazy agents, Type-A control freaks
Great place to work, busy and multitasking all day. I am always learning and I enjoy giving customer service. Providing a safe environment and ensuring we are following safe measures.
Pros
Really nice staff and Manager
Cons
can be long extented hours
Poor management who offer little support, weak union, no acknowledgement for hard work, low pay for representing an airline and all the complexities that come with the job (cancelled or delayed flights, oversells.. it’s not an easy job).
Extended health benefits are shared cost after six month probationary period (shared 50/50).

Flights are standby (space available) for employees and are not free. Seats are given in seniority order.
Pros
Last minute standby travel at low cost
Cons
Toxic work culture.
The benefits package is amazing however the pay is not great at all while the part-time hours are early in the morning or in the middle of the day, however if you have another job then it is a great way to suppliment income on weekends, evenings and mornings.
Irregular operations at the airport could be very challenging, but once you see the smiles and gratitude of the customers you've helped, it makes it worth it.
The work and skillset involved is not worth sixteen dollars an hour. Management is there only when you do sthg wrong, lack of support, co-workers are backstabbers, computer system is 40 years outdated.
Pros
Discounted flights
Cons
Flights are standby, which means you are last on the list to fly.
Management couldn't care less about new hires. They push you through training really fast. They don't explain a lot of fine print about shift bidding or benefits or any HR concerns. Incredibly low pay with high expectations of work load. Union doesn't support you. Uniforms are out of pocket 50%. Senior staff is stuck in old school ways.
Pros
Flight benefits
Cons
Expensive uniforms, so many taxes and union fees taken off check, lack of shifts
interviews are online, not a fair evaluation of people. High standards with low pay. They say its all about customer service but if you've ever flown with them, their employees are far from friendly or helpful. Poor judgements of people. Its more of a joke, move on to a better career/job/opportunity
Pros
discount flights, benefits
Cons
low pay, management, high cost for their uniform
Can be fun at times and very challenging most of the time. The pay scale is not high enough for the amount of knowledge one needs to perform the job well. Most of the shifts are very early in the morning. usually 4am or 4;30am starts. The training is subpar when it is compared to Air Canada or Westjet.
Pros
Decent flight passes
Cons
Early starts, low pay
Working for Jazz was a great experience. The work/life balance was the most difficult part with the early shifts but being able to provide customer service to the public was the most enjoyable part.
Pros
flight benefits/health benefits/pension
Cons
early shifts/long hours
no fix schedule.
stay positive

my co-workers are very nice and understanding

the hardest part is you can guarantee any flight

the most enjoyable part is celebrating co-workers happiest moments
Pros
flight benefits
Cons
stress and due to any intrupption you must need to stay there