Jazz Aviation LP

Jazz Aviation LP Employee Reviews in Vancouver, BC

Vancouver, BC9 reviews
I worked at Jazz for several years during which I occupied both a First Officer and Captain position. During my stay, the environment was friendly and it felt like we were all part of one big family. Management was very approachable with any of my problems. I missed my coworkers ever since I've moved on.
As the only airline I've ever worked for I don't have much of a frame of reference. As a whole, I love working at Jazz and don't really have many complaints. I am based in YVR and have heard that the culture varies greatly by base but since we are mostly relatively junior here, we try our best to stick together. Air Canada Mainline treats us like the bottom of the barrel, outcasts and gives us terrible passes compared to the rest of their employees but our union is the best around and fights tooth and nail on our behalf. Overall an amazing place to call home and a great family to be a part of.
Familly oriented & well rounded company. It has been a real pleasure to work there for almost 3 years. I would recommand it to any future pilots. One of the best in my opinion.
Pros
Well rounded company
Cons
Salary
Nothing to comment on about this company. Do not work here anymore due to the lack of respect from air canada. They treated jazz very poorly and their employees.
Jazz Aviation has a very good program for work life balance. Work hours are flexible for most. They also say they have a very good culture for diversity.
Cet emploi est parfait si vous aimez le changement, êtes flexible, aimez voyager, aimez travailler en équipe dans un environnement dynamique.
Jazz aviation has a good culture and for that reason it is a good place to work. they give good flight benefits as well as health insurance. Coworkers are also friendly.
I loved working as a flight attendant, but unfortunately between working on-call 4-5 days a week, between 12:01am and 11:59pm and the 5000km separating me and my family, it just didn't seem worth while anymore. I would love to have a job where I feel fulfilled, but can also spend time with my friends and family, and unfortunately that was not possible whilst being a flight attendant.
Pros
Travelling
Cons
Long hours, hard on body, far from home
The flexiablity and the constant movement is quite amazing. There's always something to do, which makes the job never boring.
Workplace culture is quite great, because we rarely run into the same person; when you do run into a friendly face it's great.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Jazz Aviation LP?