Jazz Aviation LP

Jazz Aviation LP Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

Calgary, AB16 reviews
I have enjoyed my time at Jazz with all it's ups and downs. The pay is decent & they practice a safety first culture which is excellent in Aviation. Management & HR are supportive. Time off is rarely denied if needed. Overall a pretty good workplace.
Pros
Safety first. Pension and benefits.
Cons
Not everyone is a fan of Unions. Communication could be better in my dept.
Dream job! Great perks! Tons of days off! Amazing coworkers!
I’d highly recommend working at Jazz as a flight attendant. I loved flying and never had to take my work home with me!
They went to a metric’s based management system. This is usually an effective system to manage, but the management were all too embittered to apply it, so they continued to run the company in full panic mode. They hired all new Canadians to replace their higher costing employees and let the remaining experienced employees take all the risks. The SMS system there was hopeless.
Absolutely love it here at Jazz!
Very welcoming, inclusive culture filled with great people.

The workload is well suited to the wage and allows for a healthy work life balance.
Official response from Jazz Aviation LP
24 October 2019
Thank you for sharing! Work/life balance important to us here at Jazz - we want our employees to feel supported in all their endeavors.
I love working in the airline industry. Jazz provided me with an exciting career working administration for Flight Crew. Management and staff were great to work with.
You will be working part-time for the rest of your life, you are just a number. I've tried applying for other positions, never got a response from HR, or anyone else.
Pros
Cheap Air Canada Flights
Cons
You are expected to come every time they call you.
Lots of time off, could argue it is the most or least flexible job ever, low salary, very bad management, no team environment - on your own, if you have no post secondary education then it would be a good job since on higher end of customer service salary, union, health benefits,
great place to grow. full of opportunity. Good Management. good benefit. flying benefit. scholarship programmed and good health benefit and coverage. HR department is great
Ceci est un bon emploi pour les gens qui n'ont pas peur de changement.
I did not enjoy working for this company. Very bad moral and a very stagnant work environment. Lots of turn over and no possibility for advancement.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Bad Management
Worked for this company for 18 months and it was the worst of my life. The pay is average and the overtime is non existent. It is unionized and this means most of the hierarchy have embedded themselves in potions and will use anyone and anything to stay in power. Senior employers can take your position once a year meaning the first few years you will mostly be doing poor work and having to build up your seniority to get what you want. Seriously worth a wide berth. There are plenty of better companies in calgary like Eagle, Westjet, Avmax and Viking. PS your flights are hard to get again because of seniority and air canada getting preference.
Good company,

A very organized company, with very good opportunities to grow in different directions, but unfortunately, I must invest a good part of my salary keeping a professional image and the salary is not really good.

Then yes, it is a wonderful job, but depends your financial situation.
Great place to work. Friendly people, fun environment. I have learned a lot over the years with this company and continue to learn each day. Cannot complain about the shifts either, 5 on and 5 off works great.
I loved towing airplanes. Gain very valuable experience.

Management don't appear to care nor the corporate. Your on your own. Company controls the union.
Pros
Downtime
Cons
professional , organized wonderful company to work for with great benefits package. working all hours of the day including early mornings and late evenings.
Pros
flying passes, flexable work schedule
Cons
long days sometimes
I have worked at Jazz Aviation for over three years. During my time I have learned quite a bit about air transportation. The biggest drawback with this company is the culture. As a employee you're treat as a worker, with the union leaders and other "senior" staff tell you what to do regardless of what the company wants.
Pros
great work experience
Cons
union work and very low pay.