Jazz Aviation LP

Jazz Aviation LP Employee Reviews

I have enjoyed my time at Jazz with all it's ups and downs. The pay is decent & they practice a safety first culture which is excellent in Aviation. Management & HR are supportive. Time off is rarely denied if needed. Overall a pretty good workplace.
Pros
Safety first. Pension and benefits.
Cons
Not everyone is a fan of Unions. Communication could be better in my dept.
Love working at Jazz, great atmosphere and team! Highly recommend for anyone looking for a fast paced working environment while visiting the country from coast to coast.
I worked at Jazz for several years during which I occupied both a First Officer and Captain position. During my stay, the environment was friendly and it felt like we were all part of one big family. Management was very approachable with any of my problems. I missed my coworkers ever since I've moved on.
Due to COVID, much of the staff has been placed into off duty status. We can only hope the world will start getting back to normal soon. The entire aviation industry is going through a realignment to attempt to establish a new norm. Jazz is no different. It will take another 12-18 months before things improve as far as I am able to see.
Pros
Decent Benefits
Cons
long progression for increase in pay scale
Dream job! Great perks! Tons of days off! Amazing coworkers!
I’d highly recommend working at Jazz as a flight attendant. I loved flying and never had to take my work home with me!
As the only airline I've ever worked for I don't have much of a frame of reference. As a whole, I love working at Jazz and don't really have many complaints. I am based in YVR and have heard that the culture varies greatly by base but since we are mostly relatively junior here, we try our best to stick together. Air Canada Mainline treats us like the bottom of the barrel, outcasts and gives us terrible passes compared to the rest of their employees but our union is the best around and fights tooth and nail on our behalf. Overall an amazing place to call home and a great family to be a part of.
An employer who takes care of the employees and provides a safe work environment. They adapt to your different needs in life and provide the support required.
This is a good place for whoever just start aviation career. People is friendly. I learned lot and made a lot of friends here. Flight benefit is great.
Familly oriented & well rounded company. It has been a real pleasure to work there for almost 3 years. I would recommand it to any future pilots. One of the best in my opinion.
Pros
Well rounded company
Cons
Salary
Really enjoyed my time here! I was just on a student work experience but they treated me very fairly. It was unpaid but I gained a lot of experience and would definitely go back.
Nothing to comment on about this company. Do not work here anymore due to the lack of respect from air canada. They treated jazz very poorly and their employees.
Jazz Aviation has a very good program for work life balance. Work hours are flexible for most. They also say they have a very good culture for diversity.
fun job, flexible, good pay. away a lot from family during special times, working weekends a lot, christmas, new year, easter. But best job in the world
Jazz is a very good place to work. Lots of team collaboration and fun environment. Lots of different departments and plenty of opportunity to learn and cross train in different areas.
They went to a metric’s based management system. This is usually an effective system to manage, but the management were all too embittered to apply it, so they continued to run the company in full panic mode. They hired all new Canadians to replace their higher costing employees and let the remaining experienced employees take all the risks. The SMS system there was hopeless.
I worked with Jazz on Montreal base . And I was fired for very simple reasons while people with critical mistakes were hired. The environment at Montreal base is very hostile for non french , the French can gang up together if they do not want you. Please try at different base. This company uses you and end of probation fires you.
Very nice working for Jazz.
The salary is not the best but for where I leave right now, it's working well for me but not if it was for a family.

The culture is very great
Cet emploi est parfait si vous aimez le changement, êtes flexible, aimez voyager, aimez travailler en équipe dans un environnement dynamique.
Jazz has a culture of inclusion, acceptance and support for people of all backgrounds. They don't just talk the talk but encourage employees to be active in Women's groups, Aboriginal Groups, LGBTQ+ etc. Upper management truly cares about their people and promotion from within has our VP or Airports and other major leadership roles being held by long term employees that have worked their way up. To succeed at Jazz you need to be willing to move locations as the entry level jobs are not really career sustaining pay consistent with where the entire Airline industry is now. Jazz is the best company that I have worked for.
The people at the company are very nice and everyone tries to work together in order to keep the operation running smoothly 24/7 365 including holidays and weekends.
Official response from Jazz Aviation LP
25 November 2019
Thanks for the feedback! We at Jazz work hard to make sure we're delivering our best service possible every day of the year.
Jazz aviation has a good culture and for that reason it is a good place to work. they give good flight benefits as well as health insurance. Coworkers are also friendly.