Jazz Aviation LP

Jazz Aviation LP Employee Reviews

I have enjoyed my time at Jazz with all it's ups and downs. The pay is decent & they practice a safety first culture which is excellent in Aviation. Management & HR are supportive. Time off is rarely denied if needed. Overall a pretty good workplace.
Pros
Safety first. Pension and benefits.
Cons
Not everyone is a fan of Unions. Communication could be better in my dept.
This company is behind their employee, the job offers a lot of variety in the task and offers a lot of benefits. The salary is very good. The schedule is variable so it’s never the same two days in a row!!!
Pros
Flying benefits
Cons
Goes by seniority so may work during holidays(Christmas, New Years etc)
great environnement if you put an effort !!Great benefits from , coaches really guide you and have fair knowledges of anything you might need. training are also amazing
Worked at Jazz for 12 years. Great company. Only downfall was susceptible to economic downturn in Aviation due to current pandemic.Been off on CEWS since March.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
A typical day starts with reporting 1 hour before your flight departs. Great ing people, insuring passenger are comfortable, their items stowed safe, insuring no smoking on board or on the ramp area. Most flights you work by yourself and your incharge of everything. We’re trained in First Aid, Fire Fighting, our sense are trained to smell the slightest smells example: smoke, fuel, etc. We take care of elderly, unaccompanied minors, plumbing, lights etc. It’s a very high energy job and you need tones of patience and common sense.
Pros
Enjoyment of working on an Airplane, seeing different part of our country.
Cons
Your not home in your own bed every night. You eat when you can..
Had 16 great years at Jazz within its Maintenance and Systems Operations Centre. Due to Covid 19 and the reduction to our operations and involuntary separation package was offered and unfortunately our department was hit with a reduction to 50% of pre Covid staff.
Pros
Pay, Benefits and Shifts
Cons
Night shift
Great co-workers and interesting work. It’s hard the first few years because you will probably be on 24 hour reserve, make a low salary at first, you will likely have to work most holidays and weekends and have to work at all hours of the day and night. You also won’t have very much control over your schedule at first. However it does it better and you will enjoy the job very much. Being a flight attendant is pretty great, and you will eventually get more control over your schedule and be able to live in big cities across Canada... or further if you can commute.
Pros
Travel, co-workers, great benefits
Cons
Working weekends and holidays, away from home a lot
People are so accomodating, work place is safe and accordance to standard of CARs. Management priorities people and have a good reputation. I love to work in Jazz but during a pandemic they reduce work manpower thru layoff but I understand it.
Jazz is a great place to work People are upbeat and enjoy the culture. The training is comprehensive and delivered in a professional manner. The company is very supportive of its employees.
Pros
Great Culture, supportive company. Good relationship with the unions
Cons
Commuting
Love working at Jazz, great atmosphere and team! Highly recommend for anyone looking for a fast paced working environment while visiting the country from coast to coast.
I worked at Jazz for several years during which I occupied both a First Officer and Captain position. During my stay, the environment was friendly and it felt like we were all part of one big family. Management was very approachable with any of my problems. I missed my coworkers ever since I've moved on.
Due to COVID, much of the staff has been placed into off duty status. We can only hope the world will start getting back to normal soon. The entire aviation industry is going through a realignment to attempt to establish a new norm. Jazz is no different. It will take another 12-18 months before things improve as far as I am able to see.
Pros
Decent Benefits
Cons
long progression for increase in pay scale
Dream job! Great perks! Tons of days off! Amazing coworkers! I’d highly recommend working at Jazz as a flight attendant. I loved flying and never had to take my work home with me!
As the only airline I've ever worked for I don't have much of a frame of reference. As a whole, I love working at Jazz and don't really have many complaints. I am based in YVR and have heard that the culture varies greatly by base but since we are mostly relatively junior here, we try our best to stick together. Air Canada Mainline treats us like the bottom of the barrel, outcasts and gives us terrible passes compared to the rest of their employees but our union is the best around and fights tooth and nail on our behalf. Overall an amazing place to call home and a great family to be a part of.
An employer who takes care of the employees and provides a safe work environment. They adapt to your different needs in life and provide the support required.
This is a good place for whoever just start aviation career. People is friendly. I learned lot and made a lot of friends here. Flight benefit is great.
Familly oriented & well rounded company. It has been a real pleasure to work there for almost 3 years. I would recommand it to any future pilots. One of the best in my opinion.
Pros
Well rounded company
Cons
Salary
Really enjoyed my time here! I was just on a student work experience but they treated me very fairly. It was unpaid but I gained a lot of experience and would definitely go back.
Nothing to comment on about this company. Do not work here anymore due to the lack of respect from air canada. They treated jazz very poorly and their employees.
Jazz Aviation has a very good program for work life balance. Work hours are flexible for most. They also say they have a very good culture for diversity.
fun job, flexible, good pay. away a lot from family during special times, working weekends a lot, christmas, new year, easter. But best job in the world
  1. Employee reviews