Jazz Aviation LP logo
Jazz Aviation LP

Jazz Aviation LP Employee Reviews

The smaller the base the more petty drama

Having worked for mainline in the past it was an easy transition into Jazz and I was on cloud 9. That being said working at the smaller bases is worse then the major hubs! The pettiness, backstabbing , manipulative games and drama that happens is insane! Generally all done by the one agent that no one likes yet they’re the ones sucking up to management since they’re BFFs and all. The new employee pass program nearly ensures you’re not getting on a flight unless it’s a Jazz one. The atmosphere in the company in general is toxic and we were made to feel 3rd class within the AC umbrella.

Pros

Easy work load, lots of downtime, no corporate management hovering over us or watching our flights like hawks

Cons

Drama, drama, drama

Company is good and top management is excellent but middle management is very unprofessional and exploitative.

Not a good place to work if you want to work with dignity and ethics. Middle management plays dirty politics and encourage internal conflicts and character assassination.

Not very productive workplace

YUL base workplace culture is very toxic. Its a Francohophone vs Anglophone game going on. Avoid working there if you do not speak french. Do not expect to have many log book tasks.

Pros

Flight benefits, dental, health

Cons

Long hours, Odd shifts, Toxic workplace

Very rewarding career at a well established airline

As the largest regional airline in Canada, there are many opportunities for growth at Jazz. Whether you want to progress from First Officer to Captain, dabble in union work or management, or maybe go into the training department. Initial and recurrent training are both very thorough, and the training pilots are always focused on improving your knowledge and skills in any way they can. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes stressful, yet always professional and friendly. Although the initial pay as a First Officer is not the best (compared to larger airlines or US regionals) the collective agreement is very good in terms of health/dental benefits, vacation, and overtime opportunities. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Jazz as a great place to work.

Pros

Health/dental benefits, travel benefits, opportunities for growth

Cons

Irregular schedule, initial pay as a First Officer, initial position is determined by seniority so you may not get the aircraft/base you desire

Dream Job

This job allowed me to travel all across Canada to places I wouldn't have been otherwise. The benefits are simply amazing, expensive but all encompassing. Managers are quite literally the most helpful and kind humans, they want everyone to succeed and feel comfortable. There hasn't been a shift I haven't left with a new friend. Every work day I looked forward to.

Great people, flex schedule

Jazz is a great environment with great people. Not much room for advancement in flight Can be long days without knowing if you will end up in the place you were originally scheduled

Pros

A lot of self management

Cons

Long hours, lack of advancement opportunities

Un personnel dévoué

La très grande majorité du personnel a à cœur de faire du bon travail dans un esprit de collaboration afin que tout aille pour le mieux, même dans les moments plus difficiles.

Pros

Diversité

Cons

Secteur sensible aux soubresauts de l'Ă©conomie

A fast paced and dynamic workplace with opportunities for teamwork as well as working independently.

After 26+ years at Jazz Aviation I have found it to be a fair employer. Working in a union environment there are always some disparities with contractual language and interpretation, but always found resolution practices were followed albeit, somewhat slow. Workers personal, as well as mental health and safety, is promoted and supported. Most all collective agreements assure some upward scale movement and opportunities for advancement and job security.The mother company, Chorus Aviation, has a balanced business model and is focused on maintaining all divisions of it's portfolio ensuring viability and sustained growth.

Pros

Flight benefits, Pension with employee investment options

Cons

Long shifts with rotating days and nights

-Good place to work, Friendly collogues, Good management-No error in your work required 100% accuracy -learn a lot -Pay is less but benefits are awesome-You can spend your entire life here , one of the best companies to work with

It’s a fun place to work with a lot of variety tasks

This company is behind their employee, the job offers a lot of variety in the task and offers a lot of benefits. The salary is very good. The schedule is variable so it’s never the same two days in a row!!!

Pros

Flying benefits

Cons

Goes by seniority so may work during holidays(Christmas, New Years etc)

Jobs at Jazz Aviation LP

See more jobs

fun worlplace

great environnement if you put an effort !!Great benefits from , coaches really guide you and have fair knowledges of anything you might need. training are also amazing

Awesome company to work for. Feeling of family.

Worked at Jazz for 12 years. Great company. Only downfall was susceptible to economic downturn in Aviation due to current pandemic.Been off on CEWS since March.

Pros

great benefits

Cons

Fast paced, long hours, eat on the run, deal with different type of passengers

A typical day starts with reporting 1 hour before your flight departs. Great ing people, insuring passenger are comfortable, their items stowed safe, insuring no smoking on board or on the ramp area. Most flights you work by yourself and your incharge of everything. We’re trained in First Aid, Fire Fighting, our sense are trained to smell the slightest smells example: smoke, fuel, etc. We take care of elderly, unaccompanied minors, plumbing, lights etc. It’s a very high energy job and you need tones of patience and common sense.

Pros

Enjoyment of working on an Airplane, seeing different part of our country.

Cons

Your not home in your own bed every night. You eat when you can..

Excellent Company

Had 16 great years at Jazz within its Maintenance and Systems Operations Centre. Due to Covid 19 and the reduction to our operations and involuntary separation package was offered and unfortunately our department was hit with a reduction to 50% of pre Covid staff.

Pros

Pay, Benefits and Shifts

Cons

Night shift

I really enjoy working for Jazz

Great co-workers and interesting work. It’s hard the first few years because you will probably be on 24 hour reserve, make a low salary at first, you will likely have to work most holidays and weekends and have to work at all hours of the day and night. You also won’t have very much control over your schedule at first. However it does it better and you will enjoy the job very much. Being a flight attendant is pretty great, and you will eventually get more control over your schedule and be able to live in big cities across Canada... or further if you can commute.

Pros

Travel, co-workers, great benefits

Cons

Working weekends and holidays, away from home a lot

Working in Jazz Is very helpful for a new career and help to elivate your skills

People are so accomodating, work place is safe and accordance to standard of CARs. Management priorities people and have a good reputation. I love to work in Jazz but during a pandemic they reduce work manpower thru layoff but I understand it.

One of the best

Jazz is a great place to work People are upbeat and enjoy the culture. The training is comprehensive and delivered in a professional manner. The company is very supportive of its employees.

Pros

Great Culture, supportive company. Good relationship with the unions

Cons

Commuting

A very supportive company

I have enjoyed my time at Jazz with all it's ups and downs. The pay is decent & they practice a safety first culture which is excellent in Aviation. Management & HR are supportive. Time off is rarely denied if needed. Overall a pretty good workplace.

Pros

Safety first. Pension and benefits.

Cons

Not everyone is a fan of Unions. Communication could be better in my dept.

Great Airline

Love working at Jazz, great atmosphere and team! Highly recommend for anyone looking for a fast paced working environment while visiting the country from coast to coast.

Humane work environment

I worked at Jazz for several years during which I occupied both a First Officer and Captain position. During my stay, the environment was friendly and it felt like we were all part of one big family. Management was very approachable with any of my problems. I missed my coworkers ever since I've moved on.

COVID Hurts Aviation

Due to COVID, much of the staff has been placed into off duty status. We can only hope the world will start getting back to normal soon. The entire aviation industry is going through a realignment to attempt to establish a new norm. Jazz is no different. It will take another 12-18 months before things improve as far as I am able to see.

Pros

Decent Benefits

Cons

long progression for increase in pay scale

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jazz Aviation LP. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement