Jayne Industries

Jayne Industries: 22 Employee Reviews

ok

nice people easy work boring work kinda the same thing over and over again lots of rumors but what place does not good place to learn basic welding great BBQs in the summer

Pros

BBQs in the summer

Cons

boring

Low Pay. Good place to learn but not to make a career.

If you have no experience get hired here. They are willing to train anyone who cant read a tape measure. The pay is very low compared to similar jobs. Management was good until they prioritized quantity over quality. No job is safe here. Most of the guys are good but behind your back they will talk down on you to anyone that will listen.

Insights into Jayne Industries

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility

Garbage

A company that doesn't care about their employees, only profit, very poor safety practices , safety reps will not represent workers, they are company stooges , if you work there , run away quickly , the place is simply a joke , you will do much better elsewhere, the joke starts at the TOP

Pros

Cons

Filthy place to work

just don't, supervisors undermine each other, leaving the workers in the wrong, trying to play with big boys but bring Fisher price in every aspect

A business that has been in business this long should have their stuff together, the employees are treated second rate to the office staff, always looked down on and lots of demeaning comments, lucky if you walk away with your your self respect, kind of place you have to experience for yourself, stories don't do it justice. The two supervisors don't communicate so the employees are stuck in the middle looking bad, and what you are hired for is a misconception, you will be responsible for everything but. JUST DON'T

Pros

weekly pay

Cons

management, communication

Just not worthy

Been there a number of years,floor staff are tolerable. The supervisors,if you want to call them that are 2 faced wouldnt trust them with my first born. Most employees are great,there's the odd few that suck up to get what they want. Supervisor is always hounding you to work faster,as their time studies are out of this world. Benefits are good,but needs improvement. The holier than thou,can't do no wrong supervisor is a know it all just ask siri (lol) Make sure you can read a tape measure,some just fake it still surprised they still work there. Upper management is so stuck on themselves,no good morning. That makes you feel welcome everyday. Number one rule..... don't talk back! It won't help,put on a fake smile & think of puppies n beers.✌️

Pros

Weekly pay

Cons

Back stabers

work

the work is good and challenging could be repetitious plenty to learn from good for experience. shift work is normal , co-workers are for the most part are ok

Stay away

Feels more like a prison than a place of work. Management treats employees like they are in grade school. Communication is joke, and standards change depending on who it is. Work orders are late even before getting to the floor and it’s the workers fault. I’ve been there for a couple years that I wish I could take back. There’s a employee there that calls himself wolf, he screams and talks to himself all day that alone makes this place a chore to work at especially if you’re the one stuck working with him. Supervisors are NOT employee friendly at all unless you’re one of their favourites. Would rather be the guy who scrapes dead animal carcass's off the road than work there again!

Pros

Weekly pay

Cons

Pay rate, demanding quotas

more cons than pro's

Spent many yrs at Jayne and the owner nice guy but feel he has lost touch with the way it is being run. The gm has his favs and it is very noticeable. One of his favs whom does not deserve the position he has is very arrogant and not as skilled or does he know as much as they give him credit for. There are many backstabbers that work for the company and the rumor mill is ridiculous for a place that should be trying too be professional . Lots of unskilled workers and even if you have the skills the gm doesn't care if you do unless you are one of his puppets. The training is horrible but then again it doesn't matter because most employees don't understand anyways. The equipment is not in the greatest of condition if not it is broken but part of that problem comes down too the training . Putting unskilled labor on machines and they are clueless no wonder it breaks down. Quality of parts being made is horrible but there is no real quality checks being done but another example of the employees understanding how too do quality. Enough of the floor cause i could go on for awhile. Management is disorganized and it just goes down from there. Benefits are not very good at all but they do have bbqs in the summer. The pay scale is all over the place unless you are a puppet then you do alright. Don't ever talk back it gets you nowhere but the bad books even if you are correct. No wait you can't be correct unless you are the gm or baldy. And like i said i could keep going on but i am trying too lose the memories. If you respect your work or skills don't apply cause you won't get any respect.

Pros

Weekly pay

Cons

lots

Not a good place to work

Very bad work environment unhealthy noisy and high power vibration. Bad attitude from management. Super favoritism and discrimination. I have a thousand of bad experiences but I can't remember one good thing about Jayne. I recommend it to people have a self respect.

Pros

Paid weekly

Cons

Every thing

Great work environment

Small warehouse with only 15ish people that work there. Great family oriented job place and all employees were great to work with. Always had the help when needed

Placeholder job at best

Floor management can be super petty and worse than an unhappy spouse with general nagging and nit picking. Upper management does not have a secure position within the last 10 years they have gone through nearly a dozen plant Managers/general Managers. They have a policy of a 1 year wait to able to collect any vacation pay so if you start even on Jan 2nd you can claim no vacation pay for the entire year and must take your vacation time unpaid. For the first year you are given 150$ for dental benefits. You are told there will be a performance review at 3 months, 6 months, 1 year. At or shortly before the 6 month review you will then be informed that your performance review comes with no wage increase. Also your wage increase isn't negotiated it is simply given to you with a small note on your next pay slip. This job is very much a platform job take it to learn what skills you can while stomaching the toxic floor management and constant pressure to deliver on deadlines that are written in pencil and change mid-conversation. Then find yourself a better position with a more positive outcome with another company.

Pros

Weekly pay.

Cons

Management, corporate culture, wages

Don't put down roots

A stepping stone only. Learn what you can and move on. Management is very considerate of family situations and supportive of life balance, but will not encourage or help with any advancement.

Not a good place to work

I have worked for Jayne a couple of years, always troubles and headaches I tried to work things out but it is very unreasonable.. it's a very bad place bad management it was a waist of time. I lost two years of my life Honestly I don't recommend it to anyone don't waist your time.you will never be appreciated doesn't matter how hard you work.

Pros

A couple of good guys

Cons

No respect

Can Do Better

I worked there as a brake press operator for about two months then I got the hill out of there I found it crazy to work for this company. The incompetency of the management will shock you big time and they blame the workers for their own mistakes No respect what so ever!! Only in the very beginning!! The machine and the tools are in horrible condition the whole thing should be scrapped The jobs are heavy and no proper tooling but the expectancy is very high Lots of dust in the shop I would never think about working there again.

Pros

weekly pay

Cons

Terrible

Dead end job. No Advancement

Good place to learn alot. No room for advancement. You wont get anything unless you make a huge huge deal about it, but probably still wont. Unorganized. Super favouritism. Stay for 2 years, learn what you can, but dont waste your life there. Most supervisors are 2 faced. Unprofessional, work atmosphere. Break your back for no reward or recognition. If you can get past the grown men gossiping, you will fit right in. Some super great guys. plus if your lucky you might catch a glimpse of an Ol' Sea Captain. ;-)

very productive

I learned a lot about steel on how to cut, bend, wax steel, etc. hardest part of the job was trying not to get hurt. the most enjoyable part of the job was you learned a lot about steel so it was very beneficial.

Many people love to work here its like a family

Great place to work if you love to work in a very busy plant It is well organized and everyone is freindly and helpfully all This will stay the same with the plant manager he is a great Leader

Pros

Benifits

Cons

Sometimes overtime is avail.

Not That God

I don't recommend this company very poor management and lots of favoritism . Too much smoke and dust very hard and heavy work and not a good paying company

Pros

Some good guys

Cons

Bad managment

Good company

While working for them my mother had become sick and passed away. They were always understanding of the circumstances and allowed me to work my hours when I could make them up. Management was great and HR was better.

Cons

Dirty, Dusty, Lack of ventilation

some good poeple to work with but also some bad

fast paced , great place for keeping your all positions up to par , I think management could brush up on there people skills a bit ,co workers are generally friendly besides a couple grumpy individuals, the best part is there is usually steady welding the hardest part is when its slow and you have to make or find work

Pros

payed every week

Cons

the favortism with a couple of the guys on the floor is brutal

o.k

too many lay offs. lots of welding. good pay. all the workers are good people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jayne Industries. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement