java u Employee Reviews

2.8Job Security & Advancement
Emploi de quartier dynamique
Barista (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 March 2019
Compétition entre employés, propriétaire ne s'intéresse pas, possibilité d'autonomie élevée, valorisation de créativité et service client amical, pourboire élevé, succès de départ mais tarifs de franchise onéreux.
Pros
Excellent pourboire
Cons
Administration instable
bon environnement de travail
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QC22 November 2018
bon salaire, collègues agréables et bonne nourrriture
Très mauvaise compagnie
SERVEUSE, JAVA U (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 September 2018
Sale. Ne prend pas soin de ses employés lorsqu'ils se sont blessé à cause du travail. Ne les paye pas correctement. Ne leur donne pas de pause même au-delà de 8h de travail. Vire ses employés 24h avant leur prochain shifts pour les remplacer avec les amis personnels de la gérantes. Ne leur donne même pas les 4%.
Pros
aucun
Cons
tout
Poorly managed and unprofessional
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 August 2017
They are people who never ask for feedback from their teams, they "implement" procedures for their management to follow and expect you to be aware of what's going on without having notified you, and they never discuss finances when they should be making this a priority. They also disregard store issues and are not proactive in resolving them when chosen to. Do not recommend working for them.
Great energy. Fulfilling
Event Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 June 2017
Great company. The owners are hard working and expect the same from their employees.
You can always expect a Thank You for your hard work after every event.
Bon esprit d'équipe
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC20 June 2017
bonne dynamique, bon esprit d'équipe, le travail consiste a preparer des cafés et servir des clients
Not the best job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 March 2016
The job it self was okay, I was mostly alone and running the store by myself so that got quite boring. I learned a lot about being self sufficient and working under pressure.
Pros
free food
Cons
bad management
Java U a great step into the world of coffee
Barista (Former Employee) –  Pierrefonds, QC11 January 2016
A typical day at Java U entailed preparing specialty coffee drinks and food as well as maintaining a clean restaurant. This job teaches everyone everything they need to know about coffee and more. The management was excellent and very flexible with work hours! Everyone I worked with was so nice and kind. The hardest part of the job was the beginning, learning how to make all the drinks and prepare the food. Once you mastered that it was smooth sailing in the work place. I've learnt so much from this job and would recommend it to anyone!
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Work Alone
Environnement de travail très dynamique
Service à la clientèle, caissière (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 January 2016
j'ai bien appris de cette expérience, vue que j'ai assimiler plusieurs choses que je ne savais pas auparavant.
Excellent Experience with solid career steps
Director of Operations ,Store Support and Training (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 October 2015
A typical day with start with a cup of coffee :)

I had a lot to accomplish with the staff, and we worked together in good harmony. Ups and downs were usual, but overall the management was fine and on top of things when required.

The hardest part of the job was to get the high targets we set at the beginning of the year.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Stressful at times
okay
Cashier/Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 November 2013
this job made me learn alot, but it also bothered me. i worked with rude people and ignorant co workers. a typical day at work was fun but annoying. i enjoyed serving customers i just didnt enjoy hearing my co workers complain.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
rude co workers