java u

java u Employee Reviews

Canada18 reviews

Pretty easy going

The job was a satisfactory job. Its a fast paced job because flights come and go in the area so it can get pretty busy. You are reheating sandwiches and make drinks at the same time

I wouldn’t recommend anyone working there.

learned a lot about managing, poor upper management, energetic atmosphere, pay was delayed regularly for a brief period of time, meeting fun people all the time.

Pros

Good place to meet people and friends.

Cons

Disorganized management

Environnement de travail parfait

Un bon job pour étudiant et avec un salair pas mal aussi comme job

Food

No enough volume of work only one person can do the hole job. Learning is a very rare side. Not feeling comfortable while you spending 8 hours end up you work 1 hour.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Almost no tasks to accomplish

Fun place to work at.

I made coffees, teas, and breakfast items for the customers. It was fun because we are mostly working one barista at a time so I had the opportunity to play the kind of music that I liked.

Productive,safe place to work.

Fast paced environment in the morning busy hours and when there is delayed flight fun to worked,environment are good,people are friendly.Management cared to employees.

Emploi de quartier dynamique

Compétition entre employés, propriétaire ne s'intéresse pas, possibilité d'autonomie élevée, valorisation de créativité et service client amical, pourboire élevé, succès de départ mais tarifs de franchise onéreux.

Pros

Excellent pourboire

Cons

Administration instable

bon environnement de travail

bon salaire, collègues agréables et bonne nourrriture

Fun with the right people

Depending on who you are working with, it will make or break it for me. Usually gets busy during travel seasons and really short-staffed most of the time.

Très mauvaise compagnie

Sale. Ne prend pas soin de ses employés lorsqu'ils se sont blessé à cause du travail. Ne les paye pas correctement. Ne leur donne pas de pause même au-delà de 8h de travail. Vire ses employés 24h avant leur prochain shifts pour les remplacer avec les amis personnels de la gérantes. Ne leur donne même pas les 4%.

Pros

aucun

Cons

tout

Poorly managed and unprofessional

They are people who never ask for feedback from their teams, they "implement" procedures for their management to follow and expect you to be aware of what's going on without having notified you, and they never discuss finances when they should be making this a priority. They also disregard store issues and are not proactive in resolving them when chosen to. Do not recommend working for them.

Great energy. Fulfilling

Great company. The owners are hard working and expect the same from their employees. You can always expect a Thank You for your hard work after every event.

Bon esprit d'équipe

bonne dynamique, bon esprit d'équipe, le travail consiste a preparer des cafés et servir des clients

Not the best job

The job it self was okay, I was mostly alone and running the store by myself so that got quite boring. I learned a lot about being self sufficient and working under pressure.

Pros

free food

Cons

bad management

Java U a great step into the world of coffee

A typical day at Java U entailed preparing specialty coffee drinks and food as well as maintaining a clean restaurant. This job teaches everyone everything they need to know about coffee and more. The management was excellent and very flexible with work hours! Everyone I worked with was so nice and kind. The hardest part of the job was the beginning, learning how to make all the drinks and prepare the food. Once you mastered that it was smooth sailing in the work place. I've learnt so much from this job and would recommend it to anyone!

Pros

Great environment

Cons

Work Alone

Environnement de travail très dynamique

j'ai bien appris de cette expérience, vue que j'ai assimiler plusieurs choses que je ne savais pas auparavant.

Excellent Experience with solid career steps

A typical day with start with a cup of coffee :) I had a lot to accomplish with the staff, and we worked together in good harmony. Ups and downs were usual, but overall the management was fine and on top of things when required. The hardest part of the job was to get the high targets we set at the beginning of the year.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Stressful at times

okay

this job made me learn alot, but it also bothered me. i worked with rude people and ignorant co workers. a typical day at work was fun but annoying. i enjoyed serving customers i just didnt enjoy hearing my co workers complain.

Pros

long breaks

Cons

rude co workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at java u. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement