Jasper Constructors Ltd.

Calgary, AB9 reviews
Good crew
Good supers

All about safety

Don’t give them a reason to make you a scape goat or they will and they’ll bury the incident if it happens

Room for advancement
It’s the same as all big companies, hard job depend on the site you are long hrs and possible overtime, good guys, good culture, pay weekly, great grants for Apprentices and possibility to grow
Pros:
- This company will treat you well

- majority of projects are infrastructure projects and the safety culture is very high standard

- there is lots of potential to grow within the company

Cons:

- the pay is lower compared to competitors
Had a good run with Jasper, they seem to care about their workers. The benefits and pay and comparable to most other company's. Field level supervisors are excellent.
Was hired as a concrete finisher, but my crew was all from Columbia in which one spoke English. So of course be Canadian and speaking English I was treated unfairly and given all the jobs they didn’t want, Find out that the whole crew wasn’t even from jaspers they were hired through another company. Save the headache stay away. On a good note they do have work. Normally buy the tools you require, but you better work none stop till your breaks
Pros
Pay
Cons
Managers Aren’t pleasant
Un día normal empezaba con la revisión de correos electrónicos priorizando los asuntos más relevantes. Despúes se revisaban con el supervisor las tareas a realizar durante el día y la semana si era necesario. Posteriormente, iniciaba mis labores en concordacia con lo acordado con el supervisor y finalizando el día se preparaba la correspondencia para ser enviada a los departamentos que requerian documentación preparada por mi area.
Pros
Horarios flexibles
Cons
Poca interacción con otros colegas
I felt that I wasn't offered work to help me with learning how to be a carpenter and that I was only asked to do menial tasks. If they helped me with my education I would have liked that and it would have helped them too.
Engine, electrical and hydraulic diagnosis on construction equipment
Fun group to work with

Management made life more miserable that it should've been
Lots of hours available for overtime. Busy and lots of responsibilities.