Jasper Constructors Ltd.

Jasper Constructors Ltd. Employee Reviews

Good crew
Good supers

All about safety

Don’t give them a reason to make you a scape goat or they will and they’ll bury the incident if it happens

Room for advancement
It’s the same as all big companies, hard job depend on the site you are long hrs and possible overtime, good guys, good culture, pay weekly, great grants for Apprentices and possibility to grow
Most of the time is busy and if you have the skills/drive most likely you will advance in your goals I think they are pretty fair at giving everyone the opportunity to climb up in the company
I enjoyed working for jasper one of the best companies I ever worked for.higher ups all fair to me gave me important jobs where supervisors weren’t really needed to be around trusted my work
Good guys on the crews make the days fun and help to keep moral up. Room for advancement and additional training is available if you put your mind to it. Decent safety culture, equipment is usually in good order.
Pros
great guys on the sites
Cons
you're just a number to management
Very well trained leaders and learned a lot. Safety was top priority. Learned to operate machinery, rigging, forming and maintaining pumps, well points, generators etc.
Pros:
- This company will treat you well

- majority of projects are infrastructure projects and the safety culture is very high standard

- there is lots of potential to grow within the company

Cons:

- the pay is lower compared to competitors
Had a good run with Jasper, they seem to care about their workers. The benefits and pay and comparable to most other company's. Field level supervisors are excellent.
They say family life and work life is balanced but thats completely wrong. They expect you to work long hours and weekends. They dont give you OT after 40 hours its still after 44 hours.they forced people to sign the paper and never explained their options. As an apprentice you learn nothing because everything is sub out so you get the jobs that the subs dont do like cleaning.
Managment is good but lack of communication is rough at times

Cons work/ family life

Learn nothing

They put you where they want you even if theres a job closer to you.

Pros weekly pay

Lots of work if they like you
Worked for Jasper for a while. Good group of guys I worked for, great pay, great beneifits and tones of overtime if your into that. Biggest impact would of been my social life outside of work due to the overtime we had to work. But other than that it was a solid company to work for.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Jasper Constructors Ltd.?
Room to grow and learn new skills. I haven't worked there in many years, so its been a long time since I thought about this company to remember enough for this review.
it was overall a good company to work for good benefits good pay good life. if your looking to branch out and see what's out there I recommend this company
Se trabaja en un ambiente tranquilo y es una organización donde se adquiere siempre nuevo conocimiento.
Pros
Buen ambiente laboral
Cons
No hay politicas de incentivos laborales
Was hired as a concrete finisher, but my crew was all from Columbia in which one spoke English. So of course be Canadian and speaking English I was treated unfairly and given all the jobs they didn’t want, Find out that the whole crew wasn’t even from jaspers they were hired through another company. Save the headache stay away. On a good note they do have work. Normally buy the tools you require, but you better work none stop till your breaks
Pros
Pay
Cons
Managers Aren’t pleasant
Excellent work environment, management is safety-focused and safety-conscience.
Very inclusive team environment, always willing to listen to new ideas.
An excellent company but they require travel. Despite good performance reviews I was never able to advance. Excellent teams of skilled trades-persons - some of the best people I have ever worked with. Challenging work environment - large construction projects.
I have worked for jasper for many years now. I have learned a lot and met a great many people. overall it is a good company to work for. always do there best to keep you working until the next job comes.
Pros
great people to work with.
Cons
not alwyas great comunication between management and the workers on the big sites.
had the opportunity to work on a large site with multiple contractors. awesome experience unfortunately not easy working with limited training or support in a new - to- me, industry.
Pros
lots of opportunity, good work life balance
Jasper constructors was a good job for the interem, I learned a ton of things about construction and more about rubber tired fork lifts in the 1 year I was there than in the rest of my life.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
A typical day starts off with a safety meeting and allocate work duties ,then ensure all sub trades are in place and proceeding with their duties . everyday becomes a learning experience , never take anything for granted when it is working with others .Working with management , usually project managers , will have a different idea how the work should progress , and at times one might have to win them over to your way of doing this ! In my time in the workforce , workplace culture has changed 180 degrees , gone are the days of disregarding safety and showing up for work in a state of being a hazard to yourself and others . I find the hardest part of the job is dealing with so many personalities and different needs , also when you think communication is crystal clear you find out it is not which can be very frustrating . The most enjoyable part of a job is seeing the final rewards of your work , having someone pat your back and telling you your work was good .
Very good place to work fun work environment . Communication skills with management were great . Lots of hours to work and the management were understanding if had to take time off
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Able to work lots weekends