Jasper Constructors Ltd. Employee Reviews

Lots of work
Finisher (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 March 2019
Was hired as a concrete finisher, but my crew was all from Columbia in which one spoke English. So of course be Canadian and speaking English I was treated unfairly and given all the jobs they didn’t want, Find out that the whole crew wasn’t even from jaspers they were hired through another company. Save the headache stay away. On a good note they do have work. Normally buy the tools you require, but you better work none stop till your breaks
Pros
Pay
Cons
Managers Aren’t pleasant
Very inclusive team-members
Senior Surveyor / Survey Foreman (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC3 January 2019
Excellent work environment, management is safety-focused and safety-conscience.
Very inclusive team environment, always willing to listen to new ideas.
overall good place to work.
worker (Current Employee) –  edomton23 August 2018
I have worked for jasper for many years now. I have learned a lot and met a great many people. overall it is a good company to work for. always do there best to keep you working until the next job comes.
Pros
great people to work with.
Cons
not alwyas great comunication between management and the workers on the big sites.
good company just bad place and time
Quality Control Inspector Assistant. (Former Employee) –  Courtenay, BC10 April 2018
had the opportunity to work on a large site with multiple contractors. awesome experience unfortunately not easy working with limited training or support in a new - to- me, industry.
Pros
lots of opportunity, good work life balance
fun place to work
Lead hand first aid/labourer (Former Employee) –  Campbell River, BC3 February 2018
Jasper constructors was a good job for the interem, I learned a ton of things about construction and more about rubber tired fork lifts in the 1 year I was there than in the rest of my life.
Pros
decent pay
my work
construction superintendent (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK22 November 2017
A typical day starts off with a safety meeting and allocate work duties ,then ensure all sub trades are in place and proceeding with their duties . everyday becomes a learning experience , never take anything for granted when it is working with others .Working with management , usually project managers , will have a different idea how the work should progress , and at times one might have to win them over to your way of doing this ! In my time in the workforce , workplace culture has changed 180 degrees , gone are the days of disregarding safety and showing up for work in a state of being a hazard to yourself and others . I find the hardest part of the job is dealing with so many personalities and different needs , also when you think communication is crystal clear you find out it is not which can be very frustrating . The most enjoyable part of a job is seeing the final rewards of your work , having someone pat your back and telling you your work was good .
Productive work place
2 year carpentry apprentice (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 October 2017
Very good place to work fun work environment . Communication skills with management were great . Lots of hours to work and the management were understanding if had to take time off
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Able to work lots weekends
Un día típico de trabajo
Asistente Administrativo (Former Employee) –  Calgary, CA12 June 2017
Un día normal empezaba con la revisión de correos electrónicos priorizando los asuntos más relevantes. Despúes se revisaban con el supervisor las tareas a realizar durante el día y la semana si era necesario. Posteriormente, iniciaba mis labores en concordacia con lo acordado con el supervisor y finalizando el día se preparaba la correspondencia para ser enviada a los departamentos que requerian documentación preparada por mi area.
Pros
Horarios flexibles
Cons
Poca interacción con otros colegas
Good place to learn
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Campbell River, BC27 March 2017
If you like to be called a drug user and our not; feel at home to apply. Treats are as common as the hours on your time sheet. Good place to learn and keep your tools locked in the chest or on you at all times (including breaks)
Pros
Brotherhood feeling, free stuff
Cons
Treats
If u can outthink your boss, Jasper is for you
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 March 2017
During a typical day of work one must find the solutions to ones problems. Im good at that. I like meeting and working with the other trades, like the ironworkers, all kinds of cool stuff to learn.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short hours
Great incentives
First Aid Attendant/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Campbell River, BC7 February 2017
Hours were great and people were approachable. I enjoyed the location and how easy it was to get to work. The site safety meetings were essential for a first aid attendant and I was comfortable working for them.
So-So
Carpenter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 November 2016
I felt that I wasn't offered work to help me with learning how to be a carpenter and that I was only asked to do menial tasks. If they helped me with my education I would have liked that and it would have helped them too.
organized, good wages and benefits
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 October 2016
Jasper constructors was a well managed company with a great benefit package. The wages were standard with the rest of industry.
Productive, enjoyable
Apprentice Steamfitter/Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Cigar Lake Mine, SK24 October 2016
good people, good company, good contracts, good bosses
properly managed hard working company good wages
good equipment and work fleet
Decent place to work
Heavy Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 August 2016
Engine, electrical and hydraulic diagnosis on construction equipment
Fun group to work with
Management made life more miserable that it should've been
Co Workers
Coach internal leaders and employees (Current Employee) –  British Columbia3 May 2016
Co Workers at Jasper Constructors are amazing and very supportive to work with.
We build large buildings and infrastrucutre projects mainly with Graham Construction.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Work Life Balance
yes it was a good place to work
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 March 2016
a day of picking orders for different job sites loading trucks and trailers for supplies coming in and going out.the supplies that were construction materials.
Pros
yes there were freellunches put out.
Cons
hours wer'nt long just a normal day of work.
Pays ok,
worker (Former Employee) –  around7 June 2015
They have had some good sized projects. If you need to get ahold of office personal for any reason you may aswell give up tho, badley managed based out of alberta. They are an outfit of graham, jasper supplies all the labor for graham projects.
Safety culture is highly talked about but not practiced from what I have witnessed.
Pros
algiht pay, yearly bonus.
Cons
they hire anyone, so you get quite a few hacks working on sites.
Dynamic Environment
site supervisor (Current Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC11 March 2015
Working in an environment where the project is ever changing and communicating with several trades every day is challenging. Each day, planning labour, equipment, materials, and time is rewarding as the project progresses.
Pros
Growth Opportunities
Cons
Not much in town work
Good work environment.
Survey Party Chief (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 December 2013
Lots of hours available for overtime. Busy and lots of responsibilities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jasper Constructors Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.