Jarlette

Jarlette Employee Reviews

Canada116 reviews
Both the staff and the residence in their home all felt more like a family. The staff all worked together and it was a very happy atmosphere. Even after I left working there, I have a very good rapport with the staff and management and continued to work with them through other companies as well.
I'm with LRL-Orillia as an RA since it has opened in 2013. I started as a casual employee and worked my way up until I became full time. The environment is superb, it's clean and I always feel the positive vibe, everyone's ready to send their smiles, hello's and hi's (great to start a shift). Management and my co-worker supported me to become successful with my journey to becoming RPN (Thankful to Jarlette's AWESOME Education Program!!!!). We are LUCKY we were led and leading by people who make a TRUE and HUGE difference in the lives of others.
Pros
RN/RPN/PSW Education Reimbursement Program
i worked there for a very long time, and I learned a lot and made some good friends , I would recommend for new Psw and Nursing staff to apply and there they will have good hands on training.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
short staffed
Management has very little control of staffing the units as well as disciplining their employees. Head office is making cut backs on weekends for staffing. Jarlette is attempting to have each unit understaffed by 25% to say money. Staff are asking to work overtime to help solve this problem and being told that they are not allowed in hopes to save the company money. As a result resident's care is lacking. This is not a facility I would encourage any PSW or young nurse to work. The staff moral is plummeting and employees are becoming tired and burnt out.
Pros
its impossible to be fired
Cons
working for this facility in general
5 March 2020
Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out and share your feedback. We always strive to be the best we can be for our staff. Sometimes it doesn’t always work out the way we plan. We would like the chance to speak with you further, and work collaboratively to address your concerns. Please reach out to Mary Barber at mbarber@jarlette.com. We hope we hear from you soon.
Management is garbage. Don't Lodge a complaint about a coworker as you'll get fired for no reason with no explanation. No supervision to ensure the staff is working properly. Expect way too much for the amount of pay. Improperly training the staff. Medication administration is not properly completed
The staff were awesome to work with. The residents were also great people to work for . The environment was good also. The food was edible but could improve.
it is good working at Jarlette. all the staff is very friendly and polite. they do a lot of recreation activities. they provide a good environment for work. i would recommend this place to every resident and worker.
I have worked for Jarlette Health Services for 6 years. It is a fun place to work. The on site management team really value their employees and look after them very well with constant praise and thanks. We even had roses on Valentines Day from our GM with a personal message to each staff member that worked that day. We had the pleasure of having a Christmas social with David Jarlette, the President of the company, it was a great event, very informal and comfortable. I have worked for many companys, this one really does appreciate the front line staff.
Its healthcare. There are shortage of people. The people I did work with were great. The hours were good and the pay wasn't half bad. I had a good time while I was there.
Pros
Great work atmosphere.
Cons
Shortage of staff
The workplace is nice and the workload is not that heavy for a night shift PSW.
The management is nice and the salary is more than enough for a part-time student.
Worked 34 years for Jarlette in Midland, part of that for a contracted service.In the beginning it was all great. Family like environment that treated you like their own. As the business grew and more care homes were added to the company it went from a family run business to simply a business. The bottom line became the greater focus. The finance department dictated the way you could run your department. Regardless of the fact that you were 1 of a hand full of managers that was consistently under budget at years end, there was no recognition from upper management or the ownership of the contracted service that was in place.The stressors placed upon you as a manager on a daily basis required me to take time off, as the anxiety and depression became too great. No real help was offered to help alleviate these symptoms that I experienced so after a brief return to work I felt that there was no alternative but to resign. I could no longer work in that type of environment. It was either my job or my health. As much as I loved the residents and the staff, my health came first.If you are truly considering working for this company in a management position I would recommend taking a hard look elsewhere.
I truly enjoy working for this company! The resident's that I get to help every day make work very enjoyable! It's amazing to hear about all of their past's and lives. The PSW's, Nurses and management are all so caring and loving towards all of the resident's and go above and beyond for them. Avalon Care centre works very well as an interdisciplinary team with all of the different departments. I enjoy working here and being apart of the resident's lives! I would definitely recommend working here as it's a very fulfilling job being able to help them!
Enjoy working at the Avalon! I would highly recommend working here, the staff are great and the residents are a pleasure to work with. Management is very approachable and always have the time if you need to talk. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing I make a difference in the lives of my residents everyday! The resident are always grateful for the time you spend with them. Avalon Rock!!!
If you like working in a stressful atmosphere, Jarlette is the place. 1 day training only because the company wants to save money.,UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Over worked and underpaid. Terrible management that do not follow MOHLTC regulations. No wonder why nobody wants to stay.
Working with Jarlette was a great experience. I was a part-time personal support worker, who got to work with a variety of clients with a wide range of medical needs.
Muskoka Landing is a great place to work.

All shifts are fast pace

friendly supportive staff

Good benefits

always able to pick up extra shifts if needed

Clean facility

you get paid less than average thought
It's an alright facility to work in. It can be quite busy, time management and good work ethic a must to effectively complete all given tasks in a safe and timely manner.
fast paced, stressful ,sometimes happy because the residents loved what you did for them. Sometimes competitive because not being able to get the job done
Jarlette has a lot to offer for both the staff and residents. They are able to help me balance my school and working full time. I love my coworkers and really feel like i am part of a team.
Very stressful and poorly run nursing home always short staffed and underpaid. Management is more concerned with making themselves look good then taking care of the real problems.
7 October 2019
It’s a nice place to work. But very busy They need to pay more. I would think about going back there to work. They work 24/7 I have meet it of people
23 September 2019
Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out and share your feedback. We always strive to be the best we can be for our staff. It is reassuring to hear that you valued your time with us. Please know our door is always open.