Jarlette Employee Reviews

Amazing!
RPN (Current Employee) –  Orangeville, ON Avalon Care Centre14 February 2019
New management team including administrator and director of nursing as well nurse managers are making great changes and they treat people with respect. They have great energy and are understanding. They are approachable and kind, they care about our feedback and take our suggestions seriously. From years of toxic environment, it is finally feeling fresh and safe.
I never thought I would say this but I finally feel appreciated for all the work I do. They hold staff accountable for their actions and try to be fair to everybody.
Love working at Avalon!
Excellent environment to work in. Ample opportunity for career advancement!
Middle management (Current Employee) –  Stayner13 February 2019
Education support is available for people wanting to advance their career...not many employers offer that these days!
An open door policy is in place where I work. The team is supportive of each other and work well together.
Pros
Positive work environment for sure
Horrible! Stressful for staff and residents
PSW (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, Ontario16 January 2019
Not enough staff. Hiring agency to try to fill the staff but never checked to see how they where managing. Horrible experience I do not recommend applying at one of their facilities.
Pros
Non
Cons
Eveeything
Elizabeth Centre is a Beautiful Facility and a wonderful place to work
Employee (Current Employee) –  Val Caron, ON4 January 2019
My experience with the Elizabeth Centre has only been a positive one. I love the residents, my colleagues, volunteers and dealing with families and community members.
Like every other place of employment, it has it's minor flaws, but overall there is no other place I would want to work.
If you're focus is "resident care" then this is the place to work. I enjoy my coworkers and my role at the facility.
Pros
Residents, colleagues
Cons
Those not there for the right reasons
No future
PSW (Current Employee) –  Val Caron, ON2 January 2019
This has been the worst I have seen the company in. Management is horrible making staff work overtime don’t want to hear that you can’t cause u have kids or babysitters or another job. Very stressful with staff talking about each other & there is of course clicks especially with management. The PSW’s treat kitchen staff horrible especially the newbies. These poor residents deserve better & management don’t care as for they RN’S also who think that they r better than everyone else. I think that management & the RN’S should work overtime when needed & help out as these residents need our hands on care that they pay for.
The bullying is just getting worse here & nothing is being done. This company is losing staff left & right.
Pros
Residents
Cons
RN’S & Management
Great place to work!
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Val Caron, ON6 December 2018
Like most places of work, it has it's ups and downs, but overall, the staff are hardworking and dedicated to the well being of our residents. The management team is supportive and have an open door policy.

Like all other long term care homes, staffing can be an issue but the management team works hard to recruit and retain employees. I feel appreciated and recognized for my hard work and I love spending time with our residents.

The Elizabeth Centre is a great place to work!
kitchen manager is awful
Dietary Aide/Cook (Current Employee) –  val caron13 November 2018
kitchen manager does not know what she is doing. she throws her own staff under the bus. she disrespects her employees and does not listen to the residents. this lady is new and is the worst manager we have eveer had ever. is makes me sad as this kitchen used to be a fun place to work. it makes me really sad for the residents as they do not get the quality of food they deserve.
Work you like dogs
Nurae (Current Employee) –  Val Caron, ON9 November 2018
When I first worked there the staff and management worked as a team. Then a new group of doc,s came and things changed. I've seen them make their own rules and hide all year long in there offices.
Management just like to stay in their office unless they are coming to discipline staff or the head office comes to town. Or the ministry is in to investigate then they put on a show. They force the good workers to stay and the friends of management always get away with calling in sick.
Lots of working short if your a psw.
Pay low and hypocrite managers. Walking the halls with coffee but will tell staff they can't have anything. Walk by their offices and they are on cell phones but yet again staff can't.
Good managers are supposed to lead by examples but managers there just want you to obay and not see their just to good to follow rules they enforce
Cons
Unhelpful management, powertripping, working short
Hostile work environment
Former HCA (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON22 October 2018
Management turns a blind eye to bullying, creating a hostile work environment
Severe caregiver burnout evident
Very few team players on staff
Hard work not acknowledged or rewarded
Cons
Short staffed constantly
Awful place to work!!! Horrific
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Val Caron, ON24 September 2018
I've been at Elizabeth center for 8 years.. It was great at the start but we have a gotten new manager in and it's awful!!! Always short staffed we are treated like slaves... If you want to be treated poorly...under payed.. over worked....treated absolutely awful by managment than this is the place for you!! I feel so sorry for the residents that live there....
Pros
Cons
Residents
Negative environment
RN (Former Employee) –  Waterdown, ON19 September 2018
I worked for Jarlette 14 years. The early years were great when the company actually valued their employees. As time went on and poor management choices were made it became a toxic negative place to work.
We were always short staffed and worked short putting our licences at risk. Managers refused to help. The amount of paper work expected to be done on a shift plus care for 32 residents was not doable in an efficient way.
Staff were constantly bullied and harassed by certain managers. Head office turns a blind eye. Turn over was constant and retention was next to none.
It’s really a shame because the Residents deserve great care and are not getting it because of the over work load both Registered staff and PSWs face on a daily basis.
Cons
Negative toxic environment, no support
Not a very supportive work environment
RN (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ON7 September 2018
Poor management team. Does not support their staff or promote a good environment to stay. Never gives positive feedback to registered staff just tells them the negative things. Constant staff turnover with their
registered staff. Always working short
or agency is running the building so it is
different staff continually with agency registered staff and PSW agency staff.
When there is a issue they only listen to one side of the problem not the other side .
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Very poor management team
Horrible Management
Environmental Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON13 August 2018
I worked at Roberta Place Retirement Home for just under a year.

At first , I was a college graduate from a Medical admin program and thought it may be a good way to advance into an office position. After working here I realized that working in a private owned retirement home (not government) wasn't the way to go. I was an environmental service aide - low wage , never more than 25hours per week , have to work all types of shifts and always holidays and weekends. Also, the cleaning company was subcontracted in and tried to pay us by room - while expecting us to stay unpaid for hours after rooms were cleaned.

On the bright side - it was close to home , I loved the residents, and it taught me alot .
Pros
The residents were awesome
Cons
Low wages / horrible management
Stress evident in home for managers, not enough support provided
Manager (Former Employee) –  South western Ontario13 August 2018
Good internal teams but not enough support outside the workplace. Nsg teams are great and help each other out at the homes.
Good relationship with colleges
Hiring process takes too long
Pros
Homes are clean and well taken care of
Cons
OT expected of managers. Workplace stress for managers is evident.
Great Advancement and Environment to Work In!
Office (Current Employee) –  Midland, ON26 July 2018
I recently started at Jarlette in June and I could not be happier with the welcoming arms I have received. Everyone I work with is always willing to help whenever there is an issue to be solved or even if it is just a simple question.

I enjoy coming into work everyday to see the happy faces that I do.
Pros
Amazing, Kind, Patient People to Work With
Fantastic Place To Work And Grow
Office Employee (Current Employee) –  Midland, ON26 July 2018
I have been working with Jarlette Health Services for 3 months and cannot write enough good things about the Organization. The corporate culture is phenomenal and there is an emphasis on the development and advancement of each individual employee. Wages, salary, benefits and pension are all included in the employee package, along with a number of additional perks, including Perkopolis Membership, Employee Recognition Program and tuition reimbursement opportunities. If you are looking to work with a group of kind, compassionate and tight-knit individuals in a family-centric environment, I would highly recommend applying.
low paying, bad management
Dietary Aide, cook (Current Employee) –  Midland, ON21 November 2016
I have been working at this company for 7 + yrs, and management never praises their employees. Food is terrible, and wages are a joke.
Looking for another job ..........
Cons
wages too low, uneducated management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jarlette. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3