Japanese Village Employee Reviews

Fun but not a career
Teppan Chef (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 July 2018
Great fun job with some great people to work with. Not a career to be stuck in though. I want something I can be more proud of something where I can make a difference in people's lives and be well respected internally and externally.
Fast-paced work
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 October 2017
You usually learn things based from what you experience with your customers and the things your co-workers teach you.
Salary is just minimum and no overtime, but tips is good.
Cool place for students
Teppan Yaki Chef (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 May 2015
I learn how to cook with this job and become more confident since i'm practicing public speaking in front of a group of customers all the time. Management wise, there are quite a bit changes in management team recently, seems chaotic. Co-workers are cool, fun to hang out with. Hardest part of the job would be serving customers with proper manner as well as maintaining the quality of productions. I honestly enjoy every part of the job, but it is time to move on.
Pros
Fun to work
Cons
Low salary
fun, productive, amzing experience
tepanyaki chef (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 March 2014
working at Japanese village was a fun enjoyable experience for me as a chef. i would work 5/6 days a week, 8 hour shift. i learned to be confident in front a lot of people and also i learned some really awesome techniques of entertainment and food preparation. Japanese village is a family business and have been around for many many years, the owners and managers are doing an exceptional job at running the business as they have a loyal customer market in Edmonton.The chefs there have been working there for a long time and the public have grown to love them and thus having their own personal chefs on request. the hardest part for me was learning a trick show with my fork, spatula and knife as i was never exposed doing "dangerous" tricks in front of people, but as time went by, the more tables i cooked for i gained the confidence and became comfortable with using my equipment. For me the most enjoyable part of working there was the people i worked with and the people i met and cooked for, i learned so many different things about people and their cultures. my co workers became my family as i had no family in Edmonton. i gained some strong friendships and a second home there.
Pros
delicious staff meals, made by a vietnamese chef, fun working kitchen, regular customers, weekly tips and side tips were very good.
Cons
far from home, my educational skills of foods were barely used.

Want to know more about Japanese Village?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Japanese Village. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8