Janzen's Pharmacy

Janzen's Pharmacy Employee Reviews

Not ok
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON14 April 2019
Very toxic work environment. Did not treat staff very well. Had to quit.
Co workers were fun to work with, but the toxic behavior from poor management sometimes reflected on employees as well.
Could be an excellent local employer, unfortunately management doesnt seem to think they are doing anything wrong.
Fun workplace
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON15 December 2015
The pharmacy had a great atmosphere to work in, co-workers were nice, and all seemed dedicated, however the management team definitely did not hesitate to let staff go. Instead of working through issues with the "team" they just fired instead. The job was fun as I got to interact with a lot of people, staff and patients. Lots of multi-tasking involved as well as constantly being on your feet.
Pros
Interaction with many people
Cons
Moody co-workers
Amazing group to work with, lack of management.
FT Trainee- Pharmacist's Technician (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, Ontario21 February 2014
Early morning start, finish when the sun was about to set, half hour lunch, no breaks, but the job itself was extremely rewarding, made me feel accomplished, and my money was hard earned. My co-workers were a bunch of intelligent, caring people, and in the health business, it's good to still have a heart, everyone helped everyone, especially if you are just starting out, everyone even on the busiest of days, everyone worked together to get thru the day. The only down side is the management wasn't nearly as fair as they should be with employee-management relationships. Lack of management intelligence caused unneeded stress throughout the workplace. But over all I thoroughly enjoyed the fast paced, upbeat job.
Pros
Fun, upbeat co-workers, clean work area, efficient ethics.
Cons
Long hours on your feet, no breaks.