Jang Mo Jib Employee Reviews

Stressful workplace
Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 February 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is that I can meet and converse with a big number of customer daily. Sometimes, I have to deal with technology and service problems by myself, which helps me become an expert problem solver.
Pros
free meals
I was a server at the restaurant 3 years ago.
Server (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC28 March 2014
working in the restaurant was ok,except the late payment. they "provide" training on your first day... if you are not a quick learner, it would be a bit overwhelming... interview was not too picky or tough, so don't get nervous!;) this is all I can say for now.. if you have any other concern, just leave a comment below! Good luck
Learned a lot of stuff regarding people, work and management. Made many close friends there.
Server/Waiter, Head Staff, Trainer, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond2 February 2014
1.) I worked as a waiter (taking orders, helping out customers, bringing food to their table), busboy (cleaning tables), Head Kitchen Staff (on busy days led a team of servers to tell them which table to serve, bring food etc.), Head waiter (went around and asked customers how their food is, took responsibility and confronted any customers with complaints), an employee trainer and as a cashier.

2.)Out of the many things I've everything I learned, one the most important is the value of hard work as I would often have to keep track and remember sometimes 5 different things while running around the restaurant to get them done. Also I learned the value of respect and especially in the beginning 100% is not good enough. In fact customers and managers yelled at me for things they have not told me or for things that were not my fault. I had to continue to improve, not give up and prevail to be even recognized as a hard, loyal worker.

3.) Management was changed a few times during the time I've worked there but there were always many serious complaints. Pay cheques would often arrive sometimes months late and when it did, they would pay us less than what we worked for. There was even a case of fraud in management and many of my collegues had bad relationships and even quit because of poor management.

4.)5.) My favorite part actually was the people I had the chance to meet and the friends I made. We would frequently meet up outside of work and even during work we still enjoyed what we did because we enjoyed each others company.
Pros
Free Lunches, Tips, Friendly Co-Workers, Learning Opportunity, Surprisingly not many negative customers
Cons
Would sometimes ask form long hours (13 hours), work many days in a row, no opportunity to advance/move ahead
Good place to gain some customer service expenrienve
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC21 November 2013
A little bit stressful
But fun to work with co-works who are in the age of 19-24
Passion and fun
Really busy
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC13 March 2013
Short working hours but really busy. The employees and managers are really friendly. Korean is an asset.
Pros
free food, high tips, friendly employees
Cons
really busy, short working hours