JAM Industries Ltd.

JAM Industries Ltd. Pay & benefits reviews

Canada24 reviews
got along great with everyone. they have a baby foot table. it was fun. they need a new one though. nice to eat outside, they have pic nic tables. the warehouse is clean. very strict on safety so safer than most places i worked. the staff is also very friendly and helpful. the employee prices are great for items. great place for someone starting out, it will be a great learning experience.
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
salary and you have to make up time if you miss time.
Nice place to work. Co workers were great. Dc management could be better. I enjoyed my time at Jam. Pay wage needs to be brought up to living wage. Keep working on it.
Very busy and stressful environment. I worked lots of overtime just to keep up but never got paid for it. They compensate by giving free ice cream, muffins and cookies every month. They have yearly BBQ's and fun activities. Kitchen on site that makes breakfast and lunch every day. Food price is pretty good
Pros
activities, free food, gifts
Cons
stressful, long hours, lots of gossip, no over time pay
JAM is a great place work and most of the people there are really nice and willing to work together as a team. You really need to fight for an average salary, they don't pay that well which is why I eneded up leaving.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Low salaries
I was there for short time, but I really like the atmosphere, stress free with nice people.
One thing that made me stop working there was its location, I had to travel 2 hours every day for getting there and 2 hours for backing home....
Productive but very fast paced, simple sized garage 4 different units, upgraded machines
Pros
Free lunches Sunday’s off
Cons
Low hours
This is a fantastic company to work for. They have great benefits offered and a great family atmosphere. A great place to work and lots of opportunity for the employees
A Typical day at work consisted of receiving parts, stock transfers, location creation and allocation, solving technical issues with other employees. I learned a great deal on how inventory works, how to properly maintain it. The Job itself was great, I had really good people as my co-workers. Management unfortunately was really lacking in my department, as my manager had no knowledge of the actual job and how it worked. There was no real leadership coming from management, and it seemed like intimidation and aggressive tactics were the way to go for them but holding no real responsibility for how the job was done or maintained. My co-workers were really great people, I learned a lot from them on how certain electronic parts worked, how the job worked. Everyone as far as co-workers go were really helpful in helping me develop the skills that I retained from the position. The Hardest part of the job was trying to do everything in an orderly fashion, which is in part because of suppliers not labeling the parts that were coming in, or paperwork not being given for a PO#. Trying to fix the aisles of parts that were mismanaged for years so stock was misplaced, unlabeled or missing quantity where it should have had. The Most enjoyable part of the job had to be The freedom to do the job, but that was also part of the problem as well. It seems certain people were intent with keeping things the way they were without thinking of the consequences of their inaction to fix all of the issues the department faced, and still faces now.
Pros
Excellent Co-workers, Subsidized Cafeteria, Good benefits.
Cons
Poor Management, Poorly maintained stock area.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at JAM Industries Ltd.?