JAM Industries Ltd.

JAM Industries Ltd. Employee Reviews

got along great with everyone. they have a baby foot table. it was fun. they need a new one though. nice to eat outside, they have pic nic tables. the warehouse is clean. very strict on safety so safer than most places i worked. the staff is also very friendly and helpful. the employee prices are great for items. great place for someone starting out, it will be a great learning experience.
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
salary and you have to make up time if you miss time.
I have been at JAM Industries almost three years and I am happy with my experience so far. I appreciate all they offer and they are there to listen. Like any company, there are a few faults but I have learned that in that aspect, no company is different. How this company is different , is that despite its size, you still feel like family.
Loved the atmosphere. The musical industry is a great place to work. Loved the interactions with the repair technicians. The most enjoyable part of my job was taking calls from irate customers (the calls that my team could not handle) and actually feeling and hearing the smile in the customers voice before closing the call. The hardest part was computers. I dislike computers. I love working with people and handling problems. I loved managing people and teaching them the importance of great customer service.
Pros
Great support from my team as well as my boss who was the national service director.
Cons
None or I would not have stayed for 17 years
Nice place to work. Co workers were great. Dc management could be better. I enjoyed my time at Jam. Pay wage needs to be brought up to living wage. Keep working on it.
Plastic people. You turned, and you never know they are backstabbing you. I did my stage in this company and not good working environment. All you hear is gossiping employees about workmates. Managers are not approachable.
Boring. 830-530 everyday. No work life balance. The morale on that place is abysmal everyone feels stuck and depressed.The boss hovers over you like a spider always watching what you're doing making you feel like a convict very creepy. Many others in my department complained of the same no training and then got fired because they weren't doing their job properly, even after constantly asking the boss for more training the boss did nothing. She actually just ignores your emails.
Very busy and stressful environment. I worked lots of overtime just to keep up but never got paid for it. They compensate by giving free ice cream, muffins and cookies every month. They have yearly BBQ's and fun activities. Kitchen on site that makes breakfast and lunch every day. Food price is pretty good
Pros
activities, free food, gifts
Cons
stressful, long hours, lots of gossip, no over time pay
JAM is a great place work and most of the people there are really nice and willing to work together as a team. You really need to fight for an average salary, they don't pay that well which is why I eneded up leaving.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Low salaries
Poorest management I have ever seen. No respect for their employees and will step on you
A beautiful with state of the art facilities and a beautiful Cafeteria but the management lacks connection with the workers and the pay is too low compared to other companies .
I was there for short time, but I really like the atmosphere, stress free with nice people. One thing that made me stop working there was its location, I had to travel 2 hours every day for getting there and 2 hours for backing home....
Productive but very fast paced, simple sized garage 4 different units, upgraded machines
Pros
Free lunches Sunday’s off
Cons
Low hours
It was very fun working there, they seem to have been a little unorganized, but once i got settled everything was fine. I was there for an internship and it worked out!
This is a fantastic company to work for. They have great benefits offered and a great family atmosphere. A great place to work and lots of opportunity for the employees
Good co-workers, management and hr dept are the same; they are all about the company, they claim they are all concerned about the employee but that is a lie.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Inexperienced management, hr dept
Hr at Jam is beyond terrible. They will never help you..they are part of management and do absolutely nothing for the employees Management does not like if you have kids or other obligations outside of work you must always put your job before your well being and your family... they claim to be a best managed company...I could not disagree more Absolutely by far some of the best people work here.. awesome coworkers such a shame they work for a ungrateful company
Jam is a well managed company with great culture and work ethic. The DC is diverse and all employees have good working relationship. Jam is a good place to work and succeed.
Answering phone calls Fun activities entering orders and returns great people to work with learned lots of new skills management is ok great Christmas party
Pros
Great team
Cons
stuff
As a person that enjoys playing guitar, and making music, this job presented a very unique and exciting opportunity to experience the full immersion of musical instruments, newest speaker technologies, and tight ship warehouse environment. I really enjoyed working for JAM and made a lot of friends in my time there. the managers were always approachable for any issue, and always willing to help improve the processes when good ideas came forward. I really felt valued as an employee and was without a doubt treated as a valued asset
Pros
steady hours, company events, complete transparency with any changes
Cons
long commute, language barrier at times, as it was a company in montreal
A Typical day at work consisted of receiving parts, stock transfers, location creation and allocation, solving technical issues with other employees. I learned a great deal on how inventory works, how to properly maintain it. The Job itself was great, I had really good people as my co-workers. Management unfortunately was really lacking in my department, as my manager had no knowledge of the actual job and how it worked. There was no real leadership coming from management, and it seemed like intimidation and aggressive tactics were the way to go for them but holding no real responsibility for how the job was done or maintained. My co-workers were really great people, I learned a lot from them on how certain electronic parts worked, how the job worked. Everyone as far as co-workers go were really helpful in helping me develop the skills that I retained from the position. The Hardest part of the job was trying to do everything in an orderly fashion, which is in part because of suppliers not labeling the parts that were coming in, or paperwork not being given for a PO#. Trying to fix the aisles of parts that were mismanaged for years so stock was misplaced, unlabeled or missing quantity where it should have had. The Most enjoyable part of the job had to be The freedom to do the job, but that was also part of the problem as well. It seems certain people were intent with keeping things the way they were without thinking of the consequences of their inaction to fix all of the issues the department faced, and still faces now.
Pros
Excellent Co-workers, Subsidized Cafeteria, Good benefits.
Cons
Poor Management, Poorly maintained stock area.
This is the best place to balance work and personnal life and nice environement nice cafeteria nice collegue lastest technology is use