JAM Industries Ltd.

JAM Industries Ltd. Employee Reviews

Canada21 reviews
Ok place to work.
Nice place to work. Co workers were great. Dc management could be better. I enjoyed my time at Jam. Pay wage needs to be brought up to living wage. Keep working on it.
Not nice people
Plastic people. You turned, and you never know they are backstabbing you. I did my stage in this company and not good working environment. All you hear is gossiping employees about workmates. Managers are not approachable.
Just don't
Boring. 830-530 everyday. No work life balance. The morale on that place is abysmal everyone feels stuck and depressed.The boss hovers over you like a spider always watching what you're doing making you feel like a convict very creepy. Many others in my department complained of the same no training and then got fired because they weren't doing their job properly, even after constantly asking the boss for more training the boss did nothing. She actually just ignores your emails.
Very past environment
Very busy and stressful environment. I worked lots of overtime just to keep up but never got paid for it. They compensate by giving free ice cream, muffins and cookies every month. They have yearly BBQ's and fun activities. Kitchen on site that makes breakfast and lunch every day. Food price is pretty good
Pros
activities, free food, gifts
Cons
stressful, long hours, lots of gossip, no over time pay
Loved working at JAM!
JAM is a great place work and most of the people there are really nice and willing to work together as a team. You really need to fight for an average salary, they don't pay that well which is why I eneded up leaving.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Low salaries
No respect for you
Poorest management I have ever seen.

No respect for their employees and will step on you
A good place to work with low Salary
A beautiful with state of the art facilities and a beautiful Cafeteria but the management lacks connection with the workers and the pay is too low compared to other companies .
Good place with nice manager and supervisor
I was there for short time, but I really like the atmosphere, stress free with nice people.
One thing that made me stop working there was its location, I had to travel 2 hours every day for getting there and 2 hours for backing home....
Productive workplace
Productive but very fast paced, simple sized garage 4 different units, upgraded machines
Pros
Free lunches Sunday’s off
Cons
Low hours
Was a nice Environment
It was very fun working there, they seem to have been a little unorganized, but once i got settled everything was fine. I was there for an internship and it worked out!
great place
This is a fantastic company to work for. They have great benefits offered and a great family atmosphere. A great place to work and lots of opportunity for the employees
Working with my co- workers
Good co-workers, management and hr dept are the same; they are all about the company, they claim they are all concerned about the employee but that is a lie.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Inexperienced management, hr dept
Great coworkers terrible management
Hr at Jam is beyond terrible. They will never help you..they are part of management and do absolutely nothing for the employees
Management does not like if you have kids or other obligations outside of work you must always put your job before your well being and your family... they claim to be a best managed company...I could not disagree more

Absolutely by far some of the best people work here.. awesome coworkers such a shame they work for a ungrateful company
Excellent working environment
Jam is a well managed company with great culture and work ethic. The DC is diverse and all employees have good working relationship. Jam is a good place to work and succeed.
Fun people
Answering phone calls
Fun activities

entering orders and returns

great people to work with

learned lots of new skills

management is ok

great Christmas party
Pros
Great team
Cons
stuff
fast paced package and shipping line. great work ethics from the team, excellent supervisors
As a person that enjoys playing guitar, and making music, this job presented a very unique and exciting opportunity to experience the full immersion of musical instruments, newest speaker technologies, and tight ship warehouse environment. I really enjoyed working for JAM and made a lot of friends in my time there. the managers were always approachable for any issue, and always willing to help improve the processes when good ideas came forward. I really felt valued as an employee and was without a doubt treated as a valued asset
Pros
steady hours, company events, complete transparency with any changes
Cons
long commute, language barrier at times, as it was a company in montreal
Great Job, Poor Management
A Typical day at work consisted of receiving parts, stock transfers, location creation and allocation, solving technical issues with other employees. I learned a great deal on how inventory works, how to properly maintain it. The Job itself was great, I had really good people as my co-workers. Management unfortunately was really lacking in my department, as my manager had no knowledge of the actual job and how it worked. There was no real leadership coming from management, and it seemed like intimidation and aggressive tactics were the way to go for them but holding no real responsibility for how the job was done or maintained. My co-workers were really great people, I learned a lot from them on how certain electronic parts worked, how the job worked. Everyone as far as co-workers go were really helpful in helping me develop the skills that I retained from the position. The Hardest part of the job was trying to do everything in an orderly fashion, which is in part because of suppliers not labeling the parts that were coming in, or paperwork not being given for a PO#. Trying to fix the aisles of parts that were mismanaged for years so stock was misplaced, unlabeled or missing quantity where it should have had. The Most enjoyable part of the job had to be The freedom to do the job, but that was also part of the problem as well. It seems certain people were intent with keeping things the way they were without thinking of the consequences of their inaction to fix all of the issues the department faced, and still faces now.
Pros
Excellent Co-workers, Subsidized Cafeteria, Good benefits.
Cons
Poor Management, Poorly maintained stock area.
This is the best place to balance work and personnal life and nice environement nice cafeteria nice collegue lastest technology is use
brother
Brother is a great company to work for ,profit sharing, job security
training in all aspects of warehouse operations,great people and great working conditions ,a great company to work for
Pros
profit sharing, lunch once a month paid, company events
good company
Erikson is a good company to work for. Management has changed some what since I work there.
I like the freedom