Jacobs Employee Reviews

It was an amazing company with many opportunity for gross.
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 June 2018
During my career path in reputed and leading companies, including in Jacobs, I have been one of the key engineers in the project team, with responsibilities covered a diversified range of engineering activities, technical research, equipment and material test inspection, mentoring junior engineers, performing projects field activities and visiting vendor and manufacturers’ shops, as well as directing, coordinating and supervising multi-disciplinary engineering team members
Pros
Very convenient office and flexible working time
Cons
None!
It was good
Pipefitter/Steamfitter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 June 2018
Good safety culture. good work life balance. management was really good. id work for them again in the future if it was available to me! I was treated pretty good!
Was agreat place to work staff was great
Journymanironworker (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB6 June 2018
I loved to show up every day was a great atmosphere. Learned something everyday worked safe and tried to demonstrate leadership skills the shifts were long and days but something that could handle
Pros
Made good money
Cons
Away from friends and family
Senior Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 June 2018
At Jacobs, the main job there was designing of a SAGDI project. I enjoyed the design work for each areas I were responsible for, such as dynamic anaylsis for pump and conpressor foundations, blast resistance design for a building foundation.
Back in the Canadian workforce
Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 June 2018
This position did not take advantage of the talents I had to offer and the job culture was counter productive. I did the best I could with what was available to be but was happy to leave
Pros
Available position upon returning to Canada
Cons
No ability to advance and poor job culture
Good working environment & flexible schedule
Structural Design Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 June 2018
Good working environment and there is balance of work load and time. Another good thing was flexible work schedule. There are opportunity for assignment to other Jacobs offices.
Pros
flexible time schedule
Cons
not stable job
nice employer to work with
3rd Year Electrician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB29 May 2018
this gave me opportunity to improve my skills in heat trace installation and troubleshooting , the management structure is remarkable, it was a tough one when i had to leave at the end of the project
Pros
new chalenge
Cons
poor job security
Environnement productif.
Millwright at Power House (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB20 May 2018
Très bon endroit pour travailler et les conditions d'emploi étaient bonnes.
Place to learn and grow
Project Engineering Manager, (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 May 2018
Jacobs recognizes your contribution and gets you groomed for the next challenging role.The work culture is good,it allows you to learn and take up difficult assignments with the support form the management.
Safety Advisor
HSE Advisor (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB30 April 2018
This company is easy to work for, on boarding is easy, just show up and they take care of the details, good supervision, pays well, detailed work plans
Very good EPCM Company, nice work place environment, excellent work and life balance
Principle Engineer (Piping/Pipeline) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 April 2018
I feel proud that I had the opportunity to work for one of the best and largest EPCM in the world Jacobs Canada Inc. for more than 9 years. Jacobs is a very good engineering company where client satisfaction is considered as one of their core value. Work environment is very good and work and life bank is excellent. I would join Jacobs again....
Excelentes practicas de planificacion,control e ingenieria
Planificación y Control de Proyectos (Former Employee) –  Alberta23 April 2018
Excelente empresa cumple con las mejores practicas de ingenieria
Pros
Procura ingenieria y construccion
Cons
N/a
fine
Journeyman Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 April 2018
it was fine, I didn't mind working for them they paid me when they were supposed to what more do you want in an employer besides that I don't have much to say
Very good place to work
Senior Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 April 2018
Nice work environment, excellent team members, great management team. Great resource, online library. Working culture was great, everybody was very cooperative working as a team.
Very good Company to work for.
General Foreman (Former Employee) –  Ft. McMurray, AB5 April 2018
Working with Jacobs at Syncrude was a very good experience. I was hired as a Nightshift piping superintendent but Syncrude decided not to have a nightshift. I looked after the Baghouse piping and pumps on the SERP project. I had worked on this type of piping before at Genese Power Plant with Jacobs. The Safety culture was excellent. We had no major incidents or accidents. That was probably the most enjoyable part of that job. The work force was very safety conscious. The hardest part of the job was the travel to and from town.
Pros
Great Management Team.
Cons
Harsh winter
Steady dependable company.
Scaffold Foreman (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB4 April 2018
Large contractor with a proven track record. Solid contracts and stable work conditions. Advancement was difficult due to the culture of old hands get first choice.
Safety, good workplace, good people, good wages, good benefits
Steam Fitter (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB4 April 2018
I put pipe together, climb ladders, go into confined spaces and do hydrotesting on piping. I would always learn because things always change. The management is excellent, easy to talk to, work with you and safety is always first. The workplace is always clean and well organized. Lifting pipe into position is the hardest part of the job. The best part of the job is working with great people and knowing they are a very safe company to work for.
Pros
Good wages / good employer / safety
Cons
Away from family / long hours
One of the best companies I have worked so far
Document controller (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 March 2018
One of the best companies I have worked so far
Well Managed, fair compensates the employees with recognition and salaries based on their skills and performance
Is it a global company or NOT?
Construction Engineer/Surveillance Officer (Former Employee) –  Sydney Harbour, NS28 February 2018
Given that the company is a global company, it seemed very very difficult to move around the company and branches in order to better diversify your skills.

The people are great but don't expect to easily move around the company. There are too many silos and everyone wanting to be CEO.
No teamwork and collaboraation amongs other departments.

Depending on your situation, it could be the perfect opportunity.
For me personally, I wanted that diversity and different skill set.
well organized, up to date technical staff.
CONSTRUCTION AND MAINTENANCE SUPERINTENDENT (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray Alberta27 February 2018
Enjoyed team atmosphere, and willingness to improve in all aspects of the project. Hard to get well trained experienced tradesmen so we had to train as we worked on the projects.
Pros
Good management
Cons
not enough continuous work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jacobs. Our community is ready to answer.