Jacobs Employee Reviews

Found 352 reviews matching the search See all 3,891 reviews
Fitting and Welding
Welder (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB19 March 2019
Attend tool box meeting and exchange work stat. walk work site location and inspect tools, locate materials, get needed tools. safe out work area. layout,Fitting and Welding.
Management was easy to get along with however left you out of the loop
Telehandler Operator (Former Employee) –  Christina Lake, AB14 March 2019
JFSL was overall a good experience to work for. It was a tough time to be hired on with the major drop in oil prices but they still got the job done.

The HR staff were excellent to deal with and offered a lot of assistance. Getting integrated into their operations on site was easy. Unfortunately, in the first week there were layoffs and a lot of unhappy employees to work around, especially as the new guy.

They offered good pay and allowances and a good shift rotation. Allowed you time to travel in the day instead of working you the whole shift.

If you took initiative to get work done you were rewarded and given a lot of flexibility to do your job.
Pros
Travel time and allowance, decent pay, helpful office staff
Cons
Can be a bit clicky, they seemed to keep some dead weight around
Good company to work for
Mechanical Quality Welding Inspector (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB13 March 2019
Overall a good company to work for. Work schedules have been decent, good work family balance. Times are changing in the oil and gas. It’s slow this time of year.
Work Day
Journeyman Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK3 March 2019
Remove faulty equipment and reinstate.
Bolt up flanges
Cut and prep pipe ends, flanges for welding
use of cranes to lift equipment as well as use of chain falls and rigg.ing
Pros
To make money
Cons
Hard work
Buddy system
Steamfitter/Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB21 February 2019
When I started my apprenticeship I was told from an older veteran “stay away from Jacobs & stay away from PCL” now I see why. After 11 years of not visiting Shell Scotford I’d decided to revisit as my workplace. Need be reminded as a 1st year apprentice I’d never forget my first job & it left a lasting impression on me it was the best. Well not Jacobs sincerely I wish I never met anyone from there. My advice be prepared to to be the sucker because of your not blowing smoke up somebody you won’t have a job. Let me remind they will let you know real soon that no outsiders are welcome. Forget about brother hood forget about unity that ain’t happening here. If they don’t like you they’ll find a reason to get rid of you. Oh & don’t forget to learn there loto system or flag & tags. But not that it matters if you conduct the flags & tags accordingly and hand them in to your foreman like your supposed too they’ll just lose them. Because they don’t like you. I’ve seen it done to some real stand up guys (brothers if you will). Also they are very tender hearted here so don’t hurt any feelings because they’ll pipeline that he said she said stuff right back to their superiors so look out the cut throat lives here.
Pros
Wages
Cons
Unfair
Great company when you are employed
Piping Drafter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 February 2019
I enjoyed my time working here, It was one of the best jobs I have ever had, but it wont't last forever, when times are rough, they get rough. You can get laid off.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Job security
Structural Welder (Former Employee) –  Fort Mackay, AB12 February 2019
Some down time at the start of the job but once we got going we where busy. But the jobs dont last long maybe 3 weeks at the most. The people where good to work with and it was always that way.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
The jobs dont last long.
culture very caustic
Shutdown Field HSE Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB10 February 2019
great wages, lots of hours. Rhey not worried how you feel, whether you happy or not. get it done. mostly it a seen but not heard type of mentality. from what I saw was all reactionary not much happened proactively. Supervision was okay, the culture created was a kill or be killed type of mind set.
poor managment
Project Manager/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 February 2019
lack of respect as you will be only seen as a number the management team is uncertain in their direction. Good company if you need a job but keep looking
nice people
Syncrude B-Welder (Former Employee) –  syncrude, Irving refineries23 January 2019
nice job nice people.
really enjoyed my work experience with Jacobs.
it's almost same working schedules in fort mac,
and pretty much same wage and same people.
but it was not bad.
Well organized and productive quality department
QC @ fall TA (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB23 January 2019
Job had excellent planning to ensure there were no stalls during TA. Well organized and productive quality department, leadership was good at keeping workers moral and production high, while keeping safety and quality priority number one.
Productive company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB11 January 2019
Excellent company to work for. Room for learning and growth. Respect for there employees. As an employee you feel like you matter and are apart of a Team
Poor Management - Good people
Desktop Architect - SCCM administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 January 2019
IT management has gone way down hill and the best have left. Too bad, was a great company in the past. If they recruit a new IT management team then might improve
Look for work else where
Journeyman Steamfitter (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB6 January 2019
probably the worst company I've ever worked for, expect to get played like a fiddle and don't expect to get treated like a normal human being. They will constantly ask you to do them favors but the moment you need something from them its a huge issue or they just lay you off. They will also sell you out without thinking twice if there is any dispute between you and the contract holder so expect a lay off if you don't like working unsafe.
Pros
most of the time they got my pay cheque right
Cons
most of the time they got my pay cheque right
Management was good, as were the people
Maintenance Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Ft. McMurray, AB3 January 2019
Was hard work, but we were constantly busy and given challenging tasks (which I enjoy). Pay was good, and work environment was overall positive. Would work for again.
Productive workplace working closely with in house personnel.
Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Akzo Nobel / Neurion17 December 2018
Working with in house personnel was an advantage. All the personnel at the complex were easy to get along with. Had some difficulties due to contract issues. All in all was a good place to work. The best part was living so close to the complex. It made it easy when I was on call.
Pros
Lunch was paid for from time to time. Some of the necessary tools were provided for by the complex.
Cons
Health care was very expensive. Some of the PPE was hard to get ahold of.
Good management
Site Technical Officer (Former Employee) –  Depends on contract locations10 December 2018
I have been with the firm for more than 5 years. Overall, the management has done well with the staffs well-beings and work delegations. Everyone worked well together, respect each other faith and dedication.
good
Senior Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 December 2018
good place to work, good salary, learn a lot, team sprit, international week is very fun, good for young engineer growing, safety first and behind zero
good
Summary
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 December 2018
Jacobs is one of the larges engineering companies in the world. I was there for a short time - at the time they went through a large restructuring of operations.
Exclusive Culture
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 December 2018
CH2M is a good work/life balance place. However the culture is very exclusive and not open or welcoming new hires. Unless you know somebody inside, it will be too difficult to secure enough work load for yourself.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
difficult to get into the culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jacobs. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K