Jacobs Employee Reviews

great environment
Mechanical/Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 October 2018
project was on going until 2013. was ok. good staff and nice supervisor.
located in Calgary in a beautiful community. there was a gym and food court in site which was really great.
Long Hours of work in hot or cold environments.
Syncrude - Steamfitter-Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB9 October 2018
Jacobs is a good place to work if you don't mind being away from home for long periods of time. The people you work with for the most part are good to work with.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
long hours, never know what shift you are working.
Work until you drop
Safety Advisor Turnaround (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB3 October 2018
Money was okay and if you like the hours with no home life it was fine but my role was all work and no time off.
The wage was competitive but for a short duration job I would have expected it to be a little higher.
Pros
competative wage
Cons
No stability.
World class Company
-Craft supervisor/ General F/M / F/M B/M (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB2 October 2018
I have worked for Jacob's many times over 30 plus years as Pipe fitter and or a Boilermaker as Superintendent, General Foreman , and F/M and as tradesman on the tools They are a good company World Class for sure, structured ,well organized, and professional
jacobs was good
4th Year Millwright Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB1 October 2018
work was good lots of experience gained and decent people to work with it was a camp job at mlv with the millwright local 1460 union. when I was done no problem getting blue book signed and got the lay off for ei.
Pros
money
An excellent work environment.
Piping Design Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 September 2018
I enjoyed my time with Jacobs Canada Inc.and was given plenty of opportunity to grow and develop within the organization. I would recommend Jacobs to anyone who wants to work in Oil and Gas engineering in the Calgary area.
Pros
Career development opportunities
QC Manager
Mechanical Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Fort20 September 2018
Anyone seeking to apply for this position should be aware. QC Managers are chewed up and spit out by Shell on a regular basis. If you are looking for a challenge, then by all means take this job. Just know that your Corporate duties will not allow you much time to support the QC Inspectors under your tenure.
Reactive management styles leaves little room for progressive planning and support of Craft. Management keeps an "arms length" from their Craft and leave most of the heavy lifting to the QC Insp / Foremen.
Pros
Good money for being home
Cons
Shallow self preserving culture
Productive workplace
Sr. Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC18 September 2018
While at CH2M Hill, I worked in the field for 2 years on a bridge construction project. The work atmosphere was enjoyable, everyone was a team player. After the bridge construction was complete I moved back to the office, the work atmosphere was very group orientated, like being back in high school.
Interesting and challageing work place
Client rep (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB6 September 2018
Jacobs has a great safety culture and always has a good group of people to work with for support, The management team has a very diverse and broad network of info and knowledge to draw from. I enjoyed working with them.
Professional Work Environment
Electrical Designer / Drafter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 September 2018
People/colleagues are friendly and helpful. Great workspace and nice location. Management is approachable and helpful. Makes new tasks/assignment seem fun and easy.
Pros
free parking
Cons
job security
Best place that I've ever worked.
Principal Piping Designer / Piping Lead (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 September 2018
Pleasant environment with great people. Management is very in tune with their people and allow each employee to work without added pressure. Very sensitive to person needs of their employees.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No fitness facilities
good starting job
Field Accountant/Payroll Administrator (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB29 August 2018
alright place to work but not room for advancement unless management seems to like you that day.

good benefits and for the most part friendly people

just do your job and go home
Wasn't a bad company to work for
3rd year apprentice pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB28 August 2018
decent pay, good hours, good co workers to work with. had a good experience with the company. would go back if they were hiring again. learned quite a bit with them
Fantastic place to work
Global Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 August 2018
A typical workday exceeded the normal work hours but the work was new and very interesting. I learned what Analytics was and will take that with me.
The Management noticed and worked on our training needs.
Grest work atmosphere and attitude
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB9 August 2018
Well structured company with direct interaction with the client. Beyond Zero culture/ mentality is one of the strongest selling features of this contractor and is stressed in all aspects of day to day workplace activities.
Pros
Friendly workplace
Cons
Inconsistant hours
Great Company to Work for
SAP ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB6 August 2018
Would love to work for Jacobs they seem to care about their people which are their most important assets.

Great people whom help each other be right for the best interest of the company.
Pros
Nice people
In total I had a good time working for Jacobs
Electrical, Instrumentation and control Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 July 2018
Jacobs could have done way better in Edmonton by keeping knowledgeable people in the loop and let them help the company to keep it going in though time and not laying them off in slow time.
Pros
Frindly environment
Cons
Not reliable when economy is slowing down
Challenging and fulfilling
Projects Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB16 July 2018
Day to day was meeting deadlines, exceptional customer service and meeting all guidelines set forth by the company.
Constantly multi-tasking & prioritizing the abundance of projects given daily. Continually updating procedures and processes to fit everyday workload.
Hardest part of the day was realizing that all jobs may not be done in one day, that it's okay to complete it the next day if another job supersedes it's priority.
Best part of the day was meeting new people and working with a great group of people. They are still my friends today.
Overall a great place to work
Senior Buyer (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 July 2018
Jacobs is a multi cultural company that has great leadership.
Management is very supportive and easy to deal with.
A typical day started with team management meetings, so everyone knew exactly what was going on with the projects we were dealing with. The hardest part of the job was tracking down people for signatures that were required to process orders. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a great bunch of people and always learning.
Great staffs to work with.
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Canada13 July 2018
I enjoy working with people or alone. I take care on what I do with pride. I believe safety comes first before production or profit for the company. I respect my self and others.
Pros
Moving around
Cons
Repetition

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jacobs. Our community is ready to answer.