Jacobs Employee Reviews

Excelentes practicas de planificacion,control e ingenieria
Planificación y Control de Proyectos (Former Employee) –  Alberta23 April 2018
Excelente empresa cumple con las mejores practicas de ingenieria
Pros
Procura ingenieria y construccion
Cons
N/a
Very good place to work
Senior Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 April 2018
Nice work environment, excellent team members, great management team. Great resource, online library. Working culture was great, everybody was very cooperative working as a team.
Very good Company to work for.
General Foreman (Former Employee) –  Ft. McMurray, AB5 April 2018
Working with Jacobs at Syncrude was a very good experience. I was hired as a Nightshift piping superintendent but Syncrude decided not to have a nightshift. I looked after the Baghouse piping and pumps on the SERP project. I had worked on this type of piping before at Genese Power Plant with Jacobs. The Safety culture was excellent. We had no major incidents or accidents. That was probably the most enjoyable part of that job. The work force was very safety conscious. The hardest part of the job was the travel to and from town.
Pros
Great Management Team.
Cons
Harsh winter
Steady dependable company.
Scaffold Foreman (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB4 April 2018
Large contractor with a proven track record. Solid contracts and stable work conditions. Advancement was difficult due to the culture of old hands get first choice.
Safety, good workplace, good people, good wages, good benefits
Steam Fitter (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB4 April 2018
I put pipe together, climb ladders, go into confined spaces and do hydrotesting on piping. I would always learn because things always change. The management is excellent, easy to talk to, work with you and safety is always first. The workplace is always clean and well organized. Lifting pipe into position is the hardest part of the job. The best part of the job is working with great people and knowing they are a very safe company to work for.
Pros
Good wages / good employer / safety
Cons
Away from family / long hours
One of the best companies I have worked so far
Document controller (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 March 2018
One of the best companies I have worked so far
Well Managed, fair compensates the employees with recognition and salaries based on their skills and performance
Is it a global company or NOT?
Construction Engineer/Surveillance Officer (Former Employee) –  Sydney Harbour, NS28 February 2018
Given that the company is a global company, it seemed very very difficult to move around the company and branches in order to better diversify your skills.

The people are great but don't expect to easily move around the company. There are too many silos and everyone wanting to be CEO.
No teamwork and collaboraation amongs other departments.

Depending on your situation, it could be the perfect opportunity.
For me personally, I wanted that diversity and different skill set.
well organized, up to date technical staff.
CONSTRUCTION AND MAINTENANCE SUPERINTENDENT (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray Alberta27 February 2018
Enjoyed team atmosphere, and willingness to improve in all aspects of the project. Hard to get well trained experienced tradesmen so we had to train as we worked on the projects.
Pros
Good management
Cons
not enough continuous work.
Very sporadic
Administration/Payroll (Former Employee) –  Fort Sask26 February 2018
It was temporary position so it was hard to keep up skills and particulars of position. Only covered off vacations and sick time. Approximately 10 weeks per year
Average
Sr. Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 February 2018
Attractive Salary. Last 10 Years experience no job stability. Over all job environment is good. Good to develop skill for the beginners but in terms of job stability it is questionable.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
No Job Stability.
Strong player in the maintenance industry
Payroll Administrator/Site Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB20 February 2018
Jacobs is a well respected company with a lot to offer anyone looking to advance their career and learn about the oil and gas industry. Great benefits and career training.
A strong corporate culture
Lead Cost Engineer / Lead Project Control Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Mcmurray Alberta Canada14 February 2018
This is a fun place to work, results-oriented, Everyone here cares about each other, This is a great place to learn and grow.
Employees have good relationships with management that are based on trust.When correction is needed, employees readily accept the constructive criticism offered by leaders.
Alright
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Canada12 February 2018
Ok when things are good. Management has some trouble understanding work environments out of their experience. No loyalty to employees... like all more dependent on immediate boss than company
Great culture to work
Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Alberta6 February 2018
I am really happy with my 2 stints with Jacobs in 2 different countries. I got a fair chance to prove my ability and the management did notice the efforts I put in to make my project a success.
Pros
Good culture; good upper management
Cons
Certain extend of favourism visible.
Excellant
Payroll Manager/ Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB5 February 2018
One of the best places I have worked.

Very Professional

lots of on the job training
treats all employees with respect

Top safety awards

lots of job experiences
Work
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB5 February 2018
I worked on both new construction and shutdown work on plants in Edmonton and Fort Mcmurray. The company was well organized and treated me well. Would recommend them to work for.
Pros
Treated very well
Cons
Work died down over years.
Opaerate crane and support team.
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB27 January 2018
structured and safe work culture. They beleive in safety first and work second. Promoting relationships for a healthy work enviroenment. Daily and weekly safety meetings, and providing the right equipment for the job.
Pros
Friendship culture
Cons
project driven demands
Opportunity
Program Cost Manager / Sr. Project Controls (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 January 2018
Being a large construction company there are many ways to advance and relocate / travel to new places. Great place to learn and manage projects of all nature.
Pros
Advancement Opportunities
tupical EPC
Instrumentation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 January 2018
Typical EPC company in Calgary, similar as Fluor, SNC-Lavalin, Bantrel, PTO is 4 weeks, no sick days, no vision or dental benefits, no massage or acunpuncture
Safety first
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB3 January 2018
There is nothing what this company cheeping out when it goes towards safety you need something to finish your job...you will get it.
leadership is reasonable be able to adopt to new ways to finish your job.
Pros
great team
Cons
lots of discussion before doing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jacobs. Our community is ready to answer.