Jacobs

Canada456 reviews

Found 456 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,094 reviews

Insights into Jacobs

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things

Good people, inspiring managers

Good people in general, great engineering firm known worldwide. Managers were great. Pay was not so good. It seems the company has grown even more since then and the online profiles seem better now

Best workplace I have worked at

Loved working at Jacobs. It was like a home away from home. Challenging tasks, best peer and supervisor support , recognitions and a fantastic environment to work in. Definitely my best workplace.

Pros

Cons

Recession

rated safety as 1 priority and maintain a professional skillful culture of working system. I will always choose them first if opportunity comes.

It's a very productive organization with high standard of safety compliancy. A Strong company with workers of diverse cultures with safety standards..

Good company with decent pay and benefits

great culture, global projects but there is an issue with finding enough work when you are expected to be billable at 100%. This may lead to layoffs or being stressed.

Jacobs may not be the best place to work, but it is one of the best. They aim at hiring good people, not necessarily the best in industry. Work culture is good. There is nothing to complain about.

Pros

Good technical knowledge

Cons

May not be able to retain the best

Good people and management

Managers and Leads are easy to work with. Collaborative and effective team. Great working environment that provides innovative and excellent tools. Very quick response to requests and demands by employees.

Supervision always eager to promote good workers

When I first started out a Jacobs I kept my mouth shut and gave 110% everyday, it did not go unoticed. At the end of the shutdown I was offered a full time maintenance gig which I honorably excepted. By 2011 I was asked to be a Forman cause of my dedication and hard work. Needless to say I miss working for Jacobs I would say they were the most fair and best company I ever worked for! Thanks to all the staff and coworkers at Jacobs.

Pros

Great money

Cons

Cold cold weather

Decent place to work

Friendly place to work , everyone gets along and helps each other .Hard to get training or even update training that expires.only a small amount of people on site working for jacobs. Union job but doesn’t feel like a union job .

Pros

Free coffee, no stress, pension

Cons

If you turn down over time or stand up to management, or try to have a life by taking time off your laid off as soon as possible.

Friendly environment and opportunity to grow.

Jacobs provide a great opportunity to everyone who want to grow. The management is very nice and help you by providing resources required to complete your project. They also encourage you to make decisions freely without and restrictions and they respect your opinions.

I interacted with many dedicated and fine people at KSC.

The VP of Jacobs basically promised to bring on-board all the surge hires that Jacobs hired during the year. It didn't happen. It feels like being lied to which is not a pleasant feeling.I was thrown into a position in which I had no experience. I learned how to do the job as I was performing the job. Tough way to learn.

Pros

I was sort of left alone to do the job when I had no experience in the position.

Cons

There was little to no guidance by management.

I enjoyed

Excellent organization Excellent people During my journey of 4 years with Jacobs i met so many intellectuals and received very good mandate to complete my journey

Healthy environment with professional people

At Jacobs you feel welcomed, and quickly integrated with your team. Diversity and inclusion are of their top priority. If you feel a need for a technical or administrative support, there is always someone to help you out.

Work is like a team work to achieve goal

It 's a very good work place to develop career by achieving new and advanced technologies and relaxed style, same time fast paced working with a team and manager is always with us to ensure we can go ahead without any hurdles.

Professional and Friendly Way of Working

People in Jacobs in Calgary, AB office are very friendly and helpful, and they are professional enough to handle work related matters. I enjoyed my experience working with them.

Nice people

For me a typical day included working on day to day tasks as well as some long term projects. There were, however, times when there were few long term projects to keep me busy.

Left hand does not know what the right hand is doing.

Safety is a joke. Compensation is a joke. Poor work environment. The management sucks. They are non reliable. And there is poor conditions to work in. NO JOB SECURITY FROM ONE WEEK TO THE NEXT.

Great Place to work with talented people on complex design-build projects. Engineering team was quite robust and construction group was very experienced

Most of the management was great as well as the guys. If there was anyone that wasn't keeping up with the pace of they were not a good fit for the quality and pace of the job, they were removed and someone that was more fit for the position was put in place. very experienced and professional place to be

Great place to be

The staff and management were top notch. Open door policy. If you needed help with anything or special tools or requests they helped you out as much as they could. Enjoyed my time there.

Great People and Work Environment

Professionally challenging some times due to various management changes throughout tenure. Met some great people and helped to change the safety culture to one of mutual trust.

Challenging company with room to grow.

Challenging company environment with room to grow. Great vision and a very unique and developed view on safety. It is a great company to work for. Truly global engineering company with possibilities to move internationally.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jacobs. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement