Jacobs

Jacobs Employee Reviews

Friendly place to work , everyone gets along and helps each other .Hard to get training or even update training that expires.only a small amount of people on site working for jacobs. Union job but doesn’t feel like a union job .
Pros
Free coffee, no stress, pension
Cons
If you turn down over time or stand up to management, or try to have a life by taking time off your laid off as soon as possible.
Jacobs provide a great opportunity to everyone who want to grow. The management is very nice and help you by providing resources required to complete your project. They also encourage you to make decisions freely without and restrictions and they respect your opinions.
The VP of Jacobs basically promised to bring on-board all the surge hires that Jacobs hired during the year. It didn't happen. It feels like being lied to which is not a pleasant feeling.I was thrown into a position in which I had no experience. I learned how to do the job as I was performing the job. Tough way to learn.
Pros
I was sort of left alone to do the job when I had no experience in the position.
Cons
There was little to no guidance by management.
Excellent organization Excellent people During my journey of 4 years with Jacobs i met so many intellectuals and received very good mandate to complete my journey
At Jacobs you feel welcomed, and quickly integrated with your team. Diversity and inclusion are of their top priority. If you feel a need for a technical or administrative support, there is always someone to help you out.
It 's a very good work place to develop career by achieving new and advanced technologies and relaxed style, same time fast paced working with a team and manager is always with us to ensure we can go ahead without any hurdles.
People in Jacobs in Calgary, AB office are very friendly and helpful, and they are professional enough to handle work related matters. I enjoyed my experience working with them.
For me a typical day included working on day to day tasks as well as some long term projects. There were, however, times when there were few long term projects to keep me busy.
Safety is a joke. Compensation is a joke. Poor work environment. The management sucks. They are non reliable. And there is poor conditions to work in. NO JOB SECURITY FROM ONE WEEK TO THE NEXT.
Great Place to work with talented people on complex design-build projects. Engineering team was quite robust and construction group was very experienced
Most of the management was great as well as the guys. If there was anyone that wasn't keeping up with the pace of they were not a good fit for the quality and pace of the job, they were removed and someone that was more fit for the position was put in place. very experienced and professional place to be
The staff and management were top notch. Open door policy. If you needed help with anything or special tools or requests they helped you out as much as they could. Enjoyed my time there.
Professionally challenging some times due to various management changes throughout tenure. Met some great people and helped to change the safety culture to one of mutual trust.
Challenging company environment with room to grow. Great vision and a very unique and developed view on safety. It is a great company to work for. Truly global engineering company with possibilities to move internationally.
Very good and enjoyable place to work, productive, opportunity to learn new skills. Safety is the first with multi-culture environment. looking forward to working with Jacobs again.
Its having fun to work in this company some people are good and demonstrate the safety culture of the company, some are mentoring worker new in the site. Work is not hard by helping its other.
There was a stint on this job where we didn't get paid for over a month. Other than that, the QC crew was fun, the craft were skilled and cooperative, which made it a fun place to work.
Très bonne direction, j’ai aimé l’expérience de travail. Par contre, j’ai trouver l’espace de travail un peu restreint.
Good workplace environment with lots of support if needed. You will be working alone often and must continuously plan ahead to remain productive. Overall great place to work for those with a good work ethic.
Good experience, working with some great people that work together to see that the job gets completed in a safe manner while meeting the dead lines for the client.
Daily HSE Toolbox Safety Talks enhance safety awareness and promotes collaboration between employer and employee. Jacobs safety culture is evident among the workforce.
  1. Employee reviews