Jacobs Employee Reviews

Found 233 reviews matching the search See all 2,401 reviews
Great Company to Work for
SAP ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB6 August 2018
Would love to work for Jacobs they seem to care about their people which are their most important assets.

Great people whom help each other be right for the best interest of the company.
Pros
Nice people
In total I had a good time working for Jacobs
Electrical, Instrumentation and control Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 July 2018
Jacobs could have done way better in Edmonton by keeping knowledgeable people in the loop and let them help the company to keep it going in though time and not laying them off in slow time.
Pros
Frindly environment
Cons
Not reliable when economy is slowing down
Challenging and fulfilling
Projects Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB16 July 2018
Day to day was meeting deadlines, exceptional customer service and meeting all guidelines set forth by the company.
Constantly multi-tasking & prioritizing the abundance of projects given daily. Continually updating procedures and processes to fit everyday workload.
Hardest part of the day was realizing that all jobs may not be done in one day, that it's okay to complete it the next day if another job supersedes it's priority.
Best part of the day was meeting new people and working with a great group of people. They are still my friends today.
Overall a great place to work
Senior Buyer (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 July 2018
Jacobs is a multi cultural company that has great leadership.
Management is very supportive and easy to deal with.
A typical day started with team management meetings, so everyone knew exactly what was going on with the projects we were dealing with. The hardest part of the job was tracking down people for signatures that were required to process orders. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a great bunch of people and always learning.
Great staffs to work with.
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Canada13 July 2018
I enjoy working with people or alone. I take care on what I do with pride. I believe safety comes first before production or profit for the company. I respect my self and others.
Pros
Moving around
Cons
Repetition
Great job
Skid Steer Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB12 July 2018
Two years of learning. The day was predictable and expected which made life very stress free, Going to work was a challenge dealing with a very hard foreman. but it was also a blessing in disguise, making me a better skid steer operator.
Pros
Always operating skid steer
Good and varied projects
General Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB9 July 2018
Good company to work for, they have Module fabrication pipe fabrication, construction and maintenance contracts. they kept me in work for many years and were enjoyable to work for.
Pros
Good Company
Cons
good
Process Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 July 2018
I have also worked as a Process Engineering Intern at Jacobs Canada Inc. in Calgary, AB. They are an engineering, procurement, and construction management (EPCM) company, dealing in the upstream oil and gas sector. Here I worked on projects with clients such as CNRL, Imperial Oil, and Athabasca Oil Corporation. I have created PFD and P&ID diagrams, line lists, supported with the operating manual, sized equipments, assisted with process calculations, and attended HAZOP and many safety meetings.
good
Cons
nil
Great EPC Company
Supplier Documentation Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 July 2018
Good pay and benefits. Flexible work schedule. Loved working here. Got a better job offer closer to home. That was the only reason I left. Not a secure place to work but they do appreciate your work. Would recommend anyone to work here.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, Work Schedule
Cons
Not Secure
Standard industrial work
Electrician 4th year/ Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB3 July 2018
American company. Typical management and work. 5 10 hour work day, 1 hour paid lunch. Overtime available when necessary. good learning environment for an apprentice.
Fair work place
Quality Compliance Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 July 2018
Professional and competent managers, fair and comfortable work place. The safety of the workers are a priority to the company.
Generally good work environment.
Great teamwork and fun group to work with
Project Controls Specialist - Major Projects (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 June 2018
Jacobs projects group on Syncrude site were a great group to work with, working together and keeping everyone engaged to complete their particular tasks. It was never a hard day at work when you have so much talent you can turn to for answers.
Pros
Set schedule. Great teamwork.
Excellent company
QA/QC Inspection Lead - Suncor Firebag (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 June 2018
Great place to work, dynamic and fast paced, very professional co-workers. Safety is first priority all the time. Client satisfaction is also very important. Salary is equal or better than industry standard.
Pros
Overall great place to work
Cons
good company to work for
Foreman, pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Syncrude, fort Mcmurray, alberta12 June 2018
good people and friendly management. client is a little harder to work for but Jacobs is pretty decent. Management does try to make their workers happy and that is all I can ask
It was an amazing company with many opportunity for gross.
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 June 2018
During my career path in reputed and leading companies, including in Jacobs, I have been one of the key engineers in the project team, with responsibilities covered a diversified range of engineering activities, technical research, equipment and material test inspection, mentoring junior engineers, performing projects field activities and visiting vendor and manufacturers’ shops, as well as directing, coordinating and supervising multi-disciplinary engineering team members
Pros
Very convenient office and flexible working time
Cons
None!
It was good
Pipefitter/Steamfitter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 June 2018
Good safety culture. good work life balance. management was really good. id work for them again in the future if it was available to me! I was treated pretty good!
Was agreat place to work staff was great
Journymanironworker (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB6 June 2018
I loved to show up every day was a great atmosphere. Learned something everyday worked safe and tried to demonstrate leadership skills the shifts were long and days but something that could handle
Pros
Made good money
Cons
Away from friends and family
Senior Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 June 2018
At Jacobs, the main job there was designing of a SAGDI project. I enjoyed the design work for each areas I were responsible for, such as dynamic anaylsis for pump and conpressor foundations, blast resistance design for a building foundation.
Back in the Canadian workforce
Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 June 2018
This position did not take advantage of the talents I had to offer and the job culture was counter productive. I did the best I could with what was available to be but was happy to leave
Pros
Available position upon returning to Canada
Cons
No ability to advance and poor job culture
Good working environment & flexible schedule
Structural Design Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 June 2018
Good working environment and there is balance of work load and time. Another good thing was flexible work schedule. There are opportunity for assignment to other Jacobs offices.
Pros
flexible time schedule
Cons
not stable job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jacobs. Our community is ready to answer.