Jacob Bros. Construction

Jacob Bros. Construction Work-life balance reviews

Clear
3.9Pay & benefits

Great Place to Work

Owners are actively involved in every aspect of the business. Overall work-life balance is great. They provide competitive compensation. I would highly recommend this company for any young engineer who want to build a career in general construction.

17 June 2020
Thank you for your great comments, we really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Jacob Bros.

Best place to work

I've worked everywhere. Jacob brothers is the best company I've come across . Anyone looking for a family company . Look no further . I've worked big companies and all you are is a number .

17 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your great comments about Jacob Bros! 👍🏼

One of the best jobs in the lower main land

As a heavy duty mechanic Jacobs Bros has been the best employer I've had the honors to work for. They have some of the nicest shop trucks on the lower main land to work out of. The shop is brand new. Well stocked parts and shop supplies. Great selection of well maintained shop tooling. Everything you need to make a proper successful repair. Very knowledgeable co workers. Everyone works hard and has fun doing so. Jacob bros has a vast variety of equipment. Because of that the job never gets repetitive or stale. Most of the equipment is new and state of the art. Which is nice. The shop foreman is a hard worker and expects the same from his crew. But if you work hard and show interest in your job you are rewarded equally. unfortunately I I moved away from the city to the island. Wish I could have taken this job with me cause I would have been a life time member.

2 April 2020
What great comments to hear - we're very proud to get this kind of feedback and thanks for taking the time to share your experience. 👍

Good Company but gets really slow in winter months

Overall good place to work. Training and advancement are a little lacking, as they prefer to hire experienced workers rather than train from within their own workforce.

Pros

Good Wage and Benefits

Cons

Long hours / Poor equipment training program

worked as a traffic controller and labourer

I was a traffic controller and sometimes I'd help out other labourers and other construction workers with tasks. Pretty easy standing outside but you have to keep focused. sometimes traffic can get rough.

Pros

good pay

Cons

can be boring

Great place to work. Good culture of health and safety. Great leadership.

I enjoyed my time with Jacob Bros. and would work for them again anytime. The variety of work kept things interesting and if you work hard, your efforts will be recognized.

decent management

ok construction company to work for. most of the bosses are super nice. work can get a bit tedious though. days can be long and sometimes you're stuck working by yourself.

Good crew working well together to get a hard job done

Jacob Bros. was a tremendous learning and growing experience for me. I worked with a wide variety of personalities and can confidently say we all got along well. I was taught the ability to power through extremely long hours (One crazy day of a 23 hour shift) and that a team is only as good as its weakest link. I loved learning all the new machinery and equipment involved in civil construction and when I was placed with a good crew, things went by swimmingly. There was to "typical day" at this job. Last summer I worked an a overpass project for the port of metro vancouver. From grading for paving, laying asphalt, rebar framing, compaction, drainage/pipe laying it was an all over the place job but developed me into a very adaptable worker.

Pros

Good company

Cons

Long Hours

Jobs at Jacob Bros. Construction