Jacob Bros. Construction

Jacob Bros. Construction Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
3.9Pay & benefits

Great Place to Work

Owners are actively involved in every aspect of the business. Overall work-life balance is great. They provide competitive compensation. I would highly recommend this company for any young engineer who want to build a career in general construction.

Official response from Jacob Bros. Construction

17 June 2020
Thank you for your great comments, we really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Jacob Bros.

A good place with decent people

I worked on the YVR project as a sweeper operator, I was busy all day servicing 2-3 sites, the pay was average and Management was good. The hours were long but they respected my need to have weekends of as it is the only time i see my kids.

Official response from Jacob Bros. Construction

2 April 2020
Thank you for your kind comments and for your service to Jacob Bros!👍

Good Company but gets really slow in winter months

Overall good place to work. Training and advancement are a little lacking, as they prefer to hire experienced workers rather than train from within their own workforce.

Pros

Good Wage and Benefits

Cons

Long hours / Poor equipment training program

Best Company Who Pays Good Money & Respect Your Hard Work

Its the best company you can work,Everyone here is so talented,nice,productive,helping,its more like you are working for your family they correct u,train you,respect your effords,help each other to get job done & even help outside work,the best thing is the owner’s of Jacob Bros. are personally plays a good role as a team,3 brothers stay conected with all employees,its a big company but still they know almost everyone in the field,if u belive you are passionate about constructions u r more than welcome to join JB family.if not, u can still join,but no-one like one guy doing nothing & all crew working hard,but honestly if u r good in what u do or a good lerner u don't have to ask about a raise,they give u raise & the respect u deserver, like i got in past 5 years. Good Luck

Pros

Free Lunch & Diners

Cons

8 to 11 hous 6 days depend on job or choose

worked as a traffic controller and labourer

I was a traffic controller and sometimes I'd help out other labourers and other construction workers with tasks. Pretty easy standing outside but you have to keep focused. sometimes traffic can get rough.

Pros

good pay

Cons

can be boring

Great company with solid core values

During my 4 years at Jacob Bros. I watched the company grow and I was able to advance with them. It was a fun energetic work environment with support from supervisors whenever there were questions or problems. We always worked lots of hours and were well compensated for it. I recommend them to anyone I know looking for work in the lower mainland.

Pros

Good benefits, crew lunches from time to time

Cons

Commuting around the lower mainland.

If you experienced shouldnt be a problem but dont expect any training

Absolutely ZERO on the job training..avoid this company if told in interview there is training..long days with no breaks,, foreman at this company are brutal..

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

No breaks

Jobs at Jacob Bros. Construction