Jacob Bros. Construction logo
Jacob Bros. Construction

Jacob Bros. Construction Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work

Owners are actively involved in every aspect of the business. Overall work-life balance is great. They provide competitive compensation. I would highly recommend this company for any young engineer who want to build a career in general construction.

17 June 2020
Thank you for your great comments, we really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Jacob Bros.

No loyalty here

If you’re looking for loyalty from a company this is not the place to work. They have no loyalty to their employees. You can be the hardest worker they have and they will still treat you like garbage at the end of the day and throw you away.

Pros

I got nothing

Cons

Don’t expect anything from them

Best place to work

I've worked everywhere. Jacob brothers is the best company I've come across . Anyone looking for a family company . Look no further . I've worked big companies and all you are is a number .

Thank you for taking the time to share your great comments about Jacob Bros! 👍🏼

Customer service

When I saw the Jobs board for Jacob Bros. Construction it showed that you facilitate LMIA clearance. Even job offers intended for foreigners. Its not?

17 June 2020
Hello,To apply for work with Jacob Bros, applicants must be legally eligible to work for any Canadian employer at the time of application. All qualifications are listed in the job postings. Hope this helps!

A good place with decent people

I worked on the YVR project as a sweeper operator, I was busy all day servicing 2-3 sites, the pay was average and Management was good. The hours were long but they respected my need to have weekends of as it is the only time i see my kids.

2 April 2020
Thank you for your kind comments and for your service to Jacob Bros!👍

One of the best jobs in the lower main land

As a heavy duty mechanic Jacobs Bros has been the best employer I've had the honors to work for. They have some of the nicest shop trucks on the lower main land to work out of. The shop is brand new. Well stocked parts and shop supplies. Great selection of well maintained shop tooling. Everything you need to make a proper successful repair. Very knowledgeable co workers. Everyone works hard and has fun doing so. Jacob bros has a vast variety of equipment. Because of that the job never gets repetitive or stale. Most of the equipment is new and state of the art. Which is nice. The shop foreman is a hard worker and expects the same from his crew. But if you work hard and show interest in your job you are rewarded equally. unfortunately I I moved away from the city to the island. Wish I could have taken this job with me cause I would have been a life time member.

2 April 2020
What great comments to hear - we're very proud to get this kind of feedback and thanks for taking the time to share your experience. 👍

Good Company but gets really slow in winter months

Overall good place to work. Training and advancement are a little lacking, as they prefer to hire experienced workers rather than train from within their own workforce.

Pros

Good Wage and Benefits

Cons

Long hours / Poor equipment training program

Best Company Who Pays Good Money & Respect Your Hard Work

Its the best company you can work,Everyone here is so talented,nice,productive,helping,its more like you are working for your family they correct u,train you,respect your effords,help each other to get job done & even help outside work,the best thing is the owner’s of Jacob Bros. are personally plays a good role as a team,3 brothers stay conected with all employees,its a big company but still they know almost everyone in the field,if u belive you are passionate about constructions u r more than welcome to join JB family.if not, u can still join,but no-one like one guy doing nothing & all crew working hard,but honestly if u r good in what u do or a good lerner u don't have to ask about a raise,they give u raise & the respect u deserver, like i got in past 5 years. Good Luck

Pros

Free Lunch & Diners

Cons

8 to 11 hous 6 days depend on job or choose

worked as a traffic controller and labourer

I was a traffic controller and sometimes I'd help out other labourers and other construction workers with tasks. Pretty easy standing outside but you have to keep focused. sometimes traffic can get rough.

Pros

good pay

Cons

can be boring

Great company with solid core values

During my 4 years at Jacob Bros. I watched the company grow and I was able to advance with them. It was a fun energetic work environment with support from supervisors whenever there were questions or problems. We always worked lots of hours and were well compensated for it. I recommend them to anyone I know looking for work in the lower mainland.

Pros

Good benefits, crew lunches from time to time

Cons

Commuting around the lower mainland.

Jobs at Jacob Bros. Construction

See more jobs

If you experienced shouldnt be a problem but dont expect any training

Absolutely ZERO on the job training..avoid this company if told in interview there is training..long days with no breaks,, foreman at this company are brutal..

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

No breaks

Great team, great workplace culture

This is a team that works really well together. Expectations are high, but management puts everyone in a position to succeed. They enjoy challenges and reward successes. If you're really passionate about construction, this is the team for you.

Pros

Frequent on-site and office staff events

Great place to work. Good culture of health and safety. Great leadership.

I enjoyed my time with Jacob Bros. and would work for them again anytime. The variety of work kept things interesting and if you work hard, your efforts will be recognized.

decent management

ok construction company to work for. most of the bosses are super nice. work can get a bit tedious though. days can be long and sometimes you're stuck working by yourself.

Good crew working well together to get a hard job done

Jacob Bros. was a tremendous learning and growing experience for me. I worked with a wide variety of personalities and can confidently say we all got along well. I was taught the ability to power through extremely long hours (One crazy day of a 23 hour shift) and that a team is only as good as its weakest link. I loved learning all the new machinery and equipment involved in civil construction and when I was placed with a good crew, things went by swimmingly. There was to "typical day" at this job. Last summer I worked an a overpass project for the port of metro vancouver. From grading for paving, laying asphalt, rebar framing, compaction, drainage/pipe laying it was an all over the place job but developed me into a very adaptable worker.

Pros

Good company

Cons

Long Hours