Jacob Bros. Construction

Jacob Bros. Construction Employee Reviews

Canada15 reviews
Great Place to Work
Owners are actively involved in every aspect of the business. Overall work-life balance is great. They provide competitive compensation. I would highly recommend this company for any young engineer who want to build a career in general construction.
Best place to work
I've worked everywhere. Jacob brothers is the best company I've come across . Anyone looking for a family company . Look no further . I've worked big companies and all you are is a number .
Customer service
When I saw the Jobs board for Jacob Bros. Construction it showed that you facilitate LMIA clearance. Even job offers intended for foreigners. Its not?
A good place with decent people
I worked on the YVR project as a sweeper operator, I was busy all day servicing 2-3 sites, the pay was average and Management was good. The hours were long but they respected my need to have weekends of as it is the only time i see my kids.
2 April 2020
Thank you for your kind comments and for your service to Jacob Bros!👍
One of the best jobs in the lower main land
As a heavy duty mechanic Jacobs Bros has been the best employer I've had the honors to work for. They have some of the nicest shop trucks on the lower main land to work out of. The shop is brand new. Well stocked parts and shop supplies. Great selection of well maintained shop tooling. Everything you need to make a proper successful repair. Very knowledgeable co workers. Everyone works hard and has fun doing so. Jacob bros has a vast variety of equipment. Because of that the job never gets repetitive or stale. Most of the equipment is new and state of the art. Which is nice. The shop foreman is a hard worker and expects the same from his crew. But if you work hard and show interest in your job you are rewarded equally. unfortunately I I moved away from the city to the island. Wish I could have taken this job with me cause I would have been a life time member.
2 April 2020
What great comments to hear - we're very proud to get this kind of feedback and thanks for taking the time to share your experience. 👍
Poor maintenance planning, Bullying, favouritism, lack of training, weak union support
Great place for apprentices to gain experience. Also great because the maintenance manager can exploit and bully you. He thinks because he’s been there for awhile and the owners turn a blind eye it is morally ok to slack off and not ensure quality of equipment repairs. Operators laugh when machines get back to the field and they’re still broken. High amount of disrespect if you stand up to his antics. There is no room for advancement and years of service account for nothing! The good brother, that cared about his employees is gone. If you’re family, or a brown noser you will get special treatment. You can’t buy my friendship though. New shop with an 80’s maintenance mentality, afraid of technology so its behind the times on planning and managing work done and documentation. Honestly, don’t bother.
Pros
Decent hourly wage. Apprentice experience to gain.
Cons
Long hours, no sick days, no work life balance, under valued employees, no formal training
24 July 2019
We’re truly sorry to hear you had a negative employee experience with Jacob Bros. We set a high standard of excellence for ourselves and employ over 150 tradespeople, and we’re known for treating our employees like family.

Strong personalities are a hallmark of the construction industry, and though we always make an honest effort to find the right fit between our employees and management, sometimes it doesn’t work out.

Thanks again for your feedback, we’re looking into the issue and will strive to do better.
Good Company but gets really slow in winter months
Overall good place to work. Training and advancement are a little lacking, as they prefer to hire experienced workers rather than train from within their own workforce.
Pros
Good Wage and Benefits
Cons
Long hours / Poor equipment training program
Best Company Who Pays Good Money & Respect Your Hard Work
Its the best company you can work,Everyone here is so talented,nice,productive,helping,its more like you are working for your family they correct u,train you,respect your effords,help each other to get job done & even help outside work,the best thing is the owner’s of Jacob Bros. are personally plays a good role as a team,3 brothers stay conected with all employees,its a big company but still they know almost everyone in the field,if u belive you are passionate about constructions u r more than welcome to join JB family.if not, u can still join,but no-one like one guy doing nothing & all crew working hard,but honestly if u r good in what u do or a good lerner u don't have to ask about a raise,they give u raise & the respect u deserver, like i got in past 5 years.
Good Luck
Pros
Free Lunch & Diners
Cons
8 to 11 hous 6 days depend on job or choose
worked as a traffic controller and labourer
I was a traffic controller and sometimes I'd help out other labourers and other construction workers with tasks. Pretty easy standing outside but you have to keep focused. sometimes traffic can get rough.
Pros
good pay
Cons
can be boring
Great company with solid core values
During my 4 years at Jacob Bros. I watched the company grow and I was able to advance with them. It was a fun energetic work environment with support from supervisors whenever there were questions or problems. We always worked lots of hours and were well compensated for it. I recommend them to anyone I know looking for work in the lower mainland.
Pros
Good benefits, crew lunches from time to time
Cons
Commuting around the lower mainland.
If you experienced shouldnt be a problem but dont expect any training
Absolutely ZERO on the job training..avoid this company if told in interview there is training..long days with no breaks,, foreman at this company are brutal..
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
No breaks
Great team, great workplace culture
This is a team that works really well together. Expectations are high, but management puts everyone in a position to succeed. They enjoy challenges and reward successes. If you're really passionate about construction, this is the team for you.
Pros
Frequent on-site and office staff events
Great place to work. Good culture of health and safety. Great leadership.
I enjoyed my time with Jacob Bros. and would work for them again anytime. The variety of work kept things interesting and if you work hard, your efforts will be recognized.
decent management
ok construction company to work for. most of the bosses are super nice. work can get a bit tedious though. days can be long and sometimes you're stuck working by yourself.
Good crew working well together to get a hard job done
Jacob Bros. was a tremendous learning and growing experience for me. I worked with a wide variety of personalities and can confidently say we all got along well. I was taught the ability to power through extremely long hours (One crazy day of a 23 hour shift) and that a team is only as good as its weakest link. I loved learning all the new machinery and equipment involved in civil construction and when I was placed with a good crew, things went by swimmingly. There was to "typical day" at this job. Last summer I worked an a overpass project for the port of metro vancouver. From grading for paving, laying asphalt, rebar framing, compaction, drainage/pipe laying it was an all over the place job but developed me into a very adaptable worker.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Long Hours