Jackson's Toyota Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Be wary of the recent positive reviews!
Service Department (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON10 May 2018
It's pretty sad when in desperation the management posts fake positive reviews to try and push out the truth and the negative reviews. Don't be fooled the management is behind those fake reviews.
Pros
Great staff, unfortunately the great talent leaves when they get abused by managemenr
Cons
Management management management need I say more?
i like everything about jacksons
service (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON27 April 2018
i enjoy everything about my job including my fellow employees. i feel that management works well and incorporates wonderfully by keeping the dealership organized and straight foward. i feel that everyone is friendly and outgoing. the techs are awesome and easy to communiate with also i feel that the shop flows good because of how hard they all work everyday. i feel as if a family member here and i look foward to coming to work. its easy to make the commitment and perhaps pursue a job in the automotive industry!
Great place to learn and grow
Service (Current Employee) –  Service Department15 April 2018
I've worked at Jackson's for years. I've learned that you have to work hard and put in real effort to succeed with this company. Nothing wrong with that. Any self respecting employee should feel this way. You don't get anything for free in life, you work for it.
If you are a hard worker who wants to learn and grow and do a great job everyday this place is right for you. if you are a gossiper and you don't care about your own workmanship or customers then this is not the place for you.

Jackson's is a fun place to work, they have a great Christmas parties every year and they get birthday cakes and stuff and celebrate a lot. They buy us lunch every Saturday and they do lot of nice things for the customers too. They are very serious about professionalism and above standard customer service.

I have worked at a few dealerships now and I can honestly say this place is the best I have worked at and they are very committed to making customers happy and working with staff who share that same feeling.

I'm proud of where I work and plan on staying with this company for a good long time just like many others. Its nice to work in a place where they don't tolerate staff who could care less about how good of a job they do and only show up for a paycheck.
Pros
training and support provided, serious about making customers happy
Terrible place
Product Advisor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON3 December 2017
When I started it I really liked it. It was the first dealership to give me a chance so I took it despite all the negative things I’ve heard. Well now I can tell you first hand they are true. Management is an absolute joke ! They treat you like garbage and expect you to give your soul in return for terrible pay and zero respect. A number of the sales staff believe they walk on water and therefore will treat newcomers like scum. If you are looking for a job that sucks the life right out of you. Look no further.
Cons
Terrible management
Lost respect
Worker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON12 August 2017
Not a fun place to work in the last years or so very hight turn over rate throughout the dealership. Think twice before changing job's do your homework ask around before considering
I will not provide this to the public
Technican (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON20 February 2017
I will not rate this company, but they are always looking to replace technicians and hire new technicians.
I do not think that if your are relocating to work here that you will find stable management and employment.
Pros
Cons
bad dealer management
Fun fast pace place to work, good atmosphere and people
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Barrie26 January 2017
A great fun company to work for!! They gave me lots of training, and the staff and the managers and the owner were always friendly. I'm sorry I left.
Pros
training, they care about their customers a lot.
Cons
long hours sometimes
Management has no respect for any of the employees
Technician (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON13 January 2017
I see Jackson's is trying to recruit new people from out of town. Perhaps this is because nobody in Barrie wants to work for them because of how poorly they treat their employees. They let good people go without reason and they also let long time employees quit without asking them to reconsider. It used to be a good place to work, but recent changes in management have changed the work environment and not in a positive way. I would highly recommend thinking twice before relocating to work for a place like Jackson's Toyota
Cons
Long hours, no appreciation and poor management.
Used to be a good place once
Auto Technician (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON9 January 2017
This used to be a great place to work where they actually cared about there employees.
This has all been long gone on the last year since new management took over.
You want to be a numbered workhorse that does not matter then this is the place for you.
Cons
Long hour, poor management
job review
pre owned sales manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON3 October 2016
Hi volume

Good staff and friendly. Helpful

Poor management support.

I was busy with my dept. But had to desk new deals also. Was doing 40 cars every month used.
Pros
hi volume store
Cons
poor management support
Very fun place to work
Parts Advisor & Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON24 October 2015
Jackson's Toyota was my big break through for the automotive industry other than school. I worked at Toyota for a little over two years before going to school. I learned the parts side of the industry with a little service experience. My co-workers were amazing to work with. This made the day go by smoothly and I enjoyed coming to work everyday.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Promised things that didn't happen
New Challenges everyday
Sales Manager & Scion Brand Manager (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON8 July 2014
My job requires me to work in a fast paced atmosphere and make difficult decisions quickly. I enjoy a team atmosphere.
Pros
Great team
good place to work
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON18 June 2014
product knowledge is a big part of what I do right now. Management has been good to deal with. All my fellow sales consultants are supportive and helpful. Learning all the different processes they have to sell a vehicle. Most enjoyable part of the job is when I find the right vehicle for my happy customers.
Pros
opportunity to make good money
Cons
learning everything I need to know to be successful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jackson's Toyota. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8