Jackson's Toyota Employee Reviews

Fast paced multi tasking
EXPRESS LUBE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON5 May 2019
Very busy, demanding, management not to bad to deal with. Training young tecks. Tire season very busy. I try to upsell customers who require work, or campaigns. And get it into the shop
BAD Management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON21 March 2019
I heard the Management treats people badly but wow.. no respect, disgusting conduct. They truly dont care about people. Dodge this bullet & look elsewhere~
Pros
Nice looking dealership
Truly a Family Store!
Controller (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON22 February 2019
Jackson's Toyota has earned its reputation as a family store by investing in their people! Fun, friendly working environment that provides challenge and continuous improvement for its employees! A real pleasure to work for.
Think Twice Before Working Here
Sales (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON3 September 2018
At first all will seem okay. After a while management (General Manager) will occasionally lose it by yelling at you and using profanities. Not the way any person should be spoken to. Very unprofessional. The General Manager will tell you three things: 1: Don't steel. 2: Don't lie. 3: As long as you show devotion, we will work with you. All of these are hypocritical lies by him. They will terminate your employment without reason and not work with you, therefore lying to you and steeling your job from you. All 3 so-called values worth nothing. They are empty promises to say the least. Here are some numbers for you to consider to validate what I am saying. In the last 2 years they have had the following people quit or fired: 28 Sales Staff, 8 Sales Managers, 3 Service Managers, 12 Parts Staff, 16 Technicians. Instead of training and developing, they fire and re-hire. The average person there has only been there less than one year. Pathetic!
Pros
Cons
General Manager, Owner, Work Environment, High Staff Turn-Over
Be wary of the recent positive reviews!
Service Department (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON10 May 2018
It's pretty sad when in desperation the management posts fake positive reviews to try and push out the truth and the negative reviews. Don't be fooled the management is behind those fake reviews.
Pros
Great staff, unfortunately the great talent leaves when they get abused by managemenr
Cons
Management management management need I say more?
i like everything about jacksons
service (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON27 April 2018
i enjoy everything about my job including my fellow employees. i feel that management works well and incorporates wonderfully by keeping the dealership organized and straight foward. i feel that everyone is friendly and outgoing. the techs are awesome and easy to communiate with also i feel that the shop flows good because of how hard they all work everyday. i feel as if a family member here and i look foward to coming to work. its easy to make the commitment and perhaps pursue a job in the automotive industry!
Terrible place
Product Advisor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON3 December 2017
When I started it I really liked it. It was the first dealership to give me a chance so I took it despite all the negative things I’ve heard. Well now I can tell you first hand they are true. Management is an absolute joke ! They treat you like garbage and expect you to give your soul in return for terrible pay and zero respect. A number of the sales staff believe they walk on water and therefore will treat newcomers like scum. If you are looking for a job that sucks the life right out of you. Look no further.
Cons
Terrible management
Lost respect
Worker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON12 August 2017
Not a fun place to work in the last years or so very hight turn over rate throughout the dealership. Think twice before changing job's do your homework ask around before considering
not a fun place too work
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON24 July 2017
jacksons used too be a good place to work, you would just be a number, worked there for many many years, in the last 2 yrs, there has been approx 12 mechanics that left and numerous sales personal. managment has went down hill in a hurry,3 service mangers in the last yr. I would not recomend this place. do yourself a favour dont waist your time
Pros
ok wages
Cons
no respect
I will not provide this to the public
Technican (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON20 February 2017
I will not rate this company, but they are always looking to replace technicians and hire new technicians.
I do not think that if your are relocating to work here that you will find stable management and employment.
Pros
Cons
bad dealer management
Fun fast pace place to work, good atmosphere and people
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Barrie26 January 2017
A great fun company to work for!! They gave me lots of training, and the staff and the managers and the owner were always friendly. I'm sorry I left.
Pros
training, they care about their customers a lot.
Cons
long hours sometimes
Management has no respect for any of the employees
Technician (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON13 January 2017
I see Jackson's is trying to recruit new people from out of town. Perhaps this is because nobody in Barrie wants to work for them because of how poorly they treat their employees. They let good people go without reason and they also let long time employees quit without asking them to reconsider. It used to be a good place to work, but recent changes in management have changed the work environment and not in a positive way. I would highly recommend thinking twice before relocating to work for a place like Jackson's Toyota
Cons
Long hours, no appreciation and poor management.
Used to be a good place once
Auto Technician (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON9 January 2017
This used to be a great place to work where they actually cared about there employees.
This has all been long gone on the last year since new management took over.
You want to be a numbered workhorse that does not matter then this is the place for you.
Cons
Long hour, poor management
job review
pre owned sales manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON3 October 2016
Hi volume

Good staff and friendly. Helpful

Poor management support.

I was busy with my dept. But had to desk new deals also. Was doing 40 cars every month used.
Pros
hi volume store
Cons
poor management support
Very fun place to work
Parts Advisor & Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON24 October 2015
Jackson's Toyota was my big break through for the automotive industry other than school. I worked at Toyota for a little over two years before going to school. I learned the parts side of the industry with a little service experience. My co-workers were amazing to work with. This made the day go by smoothly and I enjoyed coming to work everyday.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Promised things that didn't happen
New Challenges everyday
Sales Manager & Scion Brand Manager (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON8 July 2014
My job requires me to work in a fast paced atmosphere and make difficult decisions quickly. I enjoy a team atmosphere.
Pros
Great team
good place to work
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON18 June 2014
product knowledge is a big part of what I do right now. Management has been good to deal with. All my fellow sales consultants are supportive and helpful. Learning all the different processes they have to sell a vehicle. Most enjoyable part of the job is when I find the right vehicle for my happy customers.
Pros
opportunity to make good money
Cons
learning everything I need to know to be successful