Jack Astor's Employee Reviews

Fun Workplace
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 May 2018
One of the best jobs I've ever had. Great pay nice staff and management. Flexible work hours. Benefits after a certain period. great work atmosphere and chance for growth within the company.
Pros
great work atmosphere
Cons
No free meals
fast paced environment and amazing employees
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth Crossing, NS10 April 2018
I learned the entire line, how to prepare every dish and i was treated with respect.
most enjoyable part of my jobs were the people, my coworkers made the otherwise stressful days so much more convivial.
Pros
free meal when offered a long shift
Cons
long shifts and sometimes no breaks
Good
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON10 April 2018
I enjoyed my time however hard to balance work and life. I made some amazing friends here though. I enjoyed my time and learned a lot, I think it's a valuable addition to a resume
One of the worst jobs yet
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON5 April 2018
Tho the hours were great I was get scheduled illegal shifts for instance 9pm - 3 am and then 9am - 12am the following morning. They would schedule me 12-2 (2 hour shifts) knowing I didn't have a car and would have to cab or find a ride there. 4 separate times I arrived for them to send me home 15 minutes later. I would book time off and get it approved just to end up being scheduled anyways. Management was falling apart. They were and still are serving alcohol to minors under the table as well as serving old food.
Pros
Discounts, tips for hosts
Cons
Managment and hours
awesome coworkers bad management
Shift leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 April 2018
Jack Astors is a fun place to work with amazing peers. The management, however, is not great. On multiple occasions, management has made inappropriate comments. They also would prefer to hire people from outside the company with little to no experience than promote from within. it is a fun place to make some money however not a place I could see myself or other people wanting to spend a long time at.
Great atmosphere
SERVER (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON29 March 2018
This job has a great atmosphere with really great co workers. I have defiantly learned quite a bit from this job, which will really help me in my future
Pros
great staff
Cons
prices for guests
Productive and fun work place environment.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 March 2018
Productive and fun work place environment with amazing staff and management team focused on meeting the needs of customers and ensuring that they have a great experience.
Pros
Employee discount on food
Cons
Inconsistent hours
Awesome place to work
ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON25 March 2018
GREAT PEOPLE AT ALL LEVELS - from employees all the way to the top! Many opportunities for growth are given when talent is recognized. They know the business!
Enjoyable place to work
Busser/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON20 March 2018
This experience led to many new friends and most of all lots of experience with customers. This valuable experience has made me more confident and I would embrace any chance to deal with customers again.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Poor managment
Excellent place to work
Supervisor, Server and Bartender (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON19 March 2018
I have worked in many restaurants and this one is definitely one of the best. Great management and room for advancement. i would highly recommend working here.
Pros
excellent food
Cons
Fun fast pace enviornment as well however hard to move up
Dishwasher/Pantry Cook (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 March 2018
I love the people and they are accommodating to students however when I was hired they initially put me as a dishwasher and had said it would only be a month or month and a half tops before I would be moving up and it took about two and a half or three until I started being scheduled on pantry and even still it isnt as much as they had let on when they had first hired me. They have gone back on their word a few times now and it isn't settling when you can't trust your own employers.
Pros
Nice people, student accommodating
Cons
Trouble moving up, management goes back on what they say, long shifts, little chance for raises
fun and unique
Server (Former Employee) –  pickering8 March 2018
LOVED that jack actors was all about you shinning in your own way! they don't want you to fit in they want you to stand out ! training was over a 3 day process to ensure menu,food and beverage knowledge. They really set you up for success here.
Pros
excellent training, good hours, discounted food, quick growth
Cons
little to no breaks
good work enviroment
Pantry Cook (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON6 March 2018
Jack Astors was my first cooking job as a pantry chef i really enjoyed working here it taught me alot about being a line cook and the people i worked with were always nice
Pros
fun co-workers
i learned alot while at jack astor's
Cook (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 February 2018
In the time i was there i learned a few things.
They showed me how to get things done in a short time period and they were always willing to help if i needed it
Fun place to work at
Bartender/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON9 February 2018
This establishment will develop your interpersonal skills. It is based on your ability to work with a team and at times to be the leader of that team.
Overall Happy
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2018
Jack Astors was a great place to learn the ins and outs of the service industry. They had an incredible staff that were a pleasure to work with. I had never worked in the service industry before, and they were patient and I moved quickly from Hosting to Serving, and felt supported the entire time. Eventually there was a turn-over in management that I wasn't happy with, so I left, but overall, a very good company to work for and learn from.
Pros
Good Team
Cons
Management and Comapany's Inability to Bring Complaints against them
Was fun and very sad to go
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 February 2018
Worked at the square one location many months but due to circumstances with a Co worker beyond my control I had to move on to bigger and better things
Pros
Great pay and tip outs
Cons
Finger pointing
Move on go els where
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON1 February 2018
Manegement is garbage they have a crackhead supervisor with a missing teeth, a real dirt bag who goes out to smoke crack mix with ciggarate every hr. Your tips are tempered with.
Pros
Unfortunately nothing
Cons
No breaks, left alone to finish task/orders with no help
A restaurant that isn't very busy but likes to schedule too many servers
Server (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON31 January 2018
Being at the back of Lansdowne park has a lot of disadvantages for the servers at Jack Astors. The most annoying part about working here is the inconsistency of shifts. The managers constantly scheduled 8-9 servers in the dining room, causing everyone to lose money. It happens frequently that servers will come in for their scheduled shift, and not start or not get a table. However, on days/nights that have big events happening at TD Place (concerts, red blacks, 67s, etc) the money is very good and business is booming.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON31 January 2018
Management tem and PEEPS make this place a really fun envirmment you will never want to leave! the company has benefits and works well with your availability

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jack Astor's. Our community is ready to answer.