Jack Astor's Employee Reviews

i learned alot while at jack astor's
Cook (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 February 2018
In the time i was there i learned a few things.
They showed me how to get things done in a short time period and they were always willing to help if i needed it
Overall Happy
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2018
Jack Astors was a great place to learn the ins and outs of the service industry. They had an incredible staff that were a pleasure to work with. I had never worked in the service industry before, and they were patient and I moved quickly from Hosting to Serving, and felt supported the entire time. Eventually there was a turn-over in management that I wasn't happy with, so I left, but overall, a very good company to work for and learn from.
Pros
Good Team
Cons
Management and Comapany's Inability to Bring Complaints against them
Was fun and very sad to go
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 February 2018
Worked at the square one location many months but due to circumstances with a Co worker beyond my control I had to move on to bigger and better things
Pros
Great pay and tip outs
Cons
Finger pointing
Move on go els where
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON1 February 2018
Manegement is garbage they have a crackhead supervisor with a missing teeth, a real dirt bag who goes out to smoke crack mix with ciggarate every hr. Your tips are tempered with.
Pros
Unfortunately nothing
Cons
No breaks, left alone to finish task/orders with no help
A restaurant that isn't very busy but likes to schedule too many servers
Server (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON31 January 2018
Being at the back of Lansdowne park has a lot of disadvantages for the servers at Jack Astors. The most annoying part about working here is the inconsistency of shifts. The managers constantly scheduled 8-9 servers in the dining room, causing everyone to lose money. It happens frequently that servers will come in for their scheduled shift, and not start or not get a table. However, on days/nights that have big events happening at TD Place (concerts, red blacks, 67s, etc) the money is very good and business is booming.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON31 January 2018
Management tem and PEEPS make this place a really fun envirmment you will never want to leave! the company has benefits and works well with your availability
Jack Astors
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 January 2018
Typic day would me working full time in thee kitchen area. the restrurant was usually busy but the weekends were even more. the kitchen manager was nice, he did his job he sometimes help some of us. it was a safe area to work in. the hardest part of the job was getting to work prepraring the burgers i had to prepare about 4 or 5 box a day or during my session when it was really busy and noone else work with me. the most fun. the most fun part was when they give free food during break or after work.
Pros
good place to work and friendly manaagers
Cons
pay and keeping the doors clean from boxes other stuff
Good Work Enviroment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON24 January 2018
Jack Astors was an amazing first job for me in the restaurant industry. They were reliable and welcoming. Working there felt like I was part of a family. They are flexible with hours and understanding that you have a life outside of the workplace. The hardest part of the job was having to look for another.
Pros
50% food
Cons
short hours
productive, fun workplace
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON22 January 2018
very fun work environment as managers and staff make it enjoyable to work. money is good but hours are long and a lot of weekends and nights are worked.
Very fun work atmosphere
Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 January 2018
Highly recommend working here. I had a great experience. Co-workers were great and training is so thorough that you never feel underprepared in a situation.
Pros
Great environment/training
Cons
Job security is questionable
Fun place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON12 January 2018
I would recommend this place for a first time server to use as a stepping stone to gain experience in the service industry. The teamwork and atmosphere are amazing, but I rated Jacks 3/5 because there is no room for progression.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Job security and progression
productive place
Facilities Assistant & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 January 2018
everyday was different but we always had the mindset to be ready for anything most days were super busy due to the location
i did meet a lot of celebrities and made friends with a few
Pros
50% off food and they bring people of all cultures together
Cons
really long hours not enough time to recoup
Productive and Well Educative
Pantry Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 January 2018
While working at Jack Astor's, I've learned many things as a Pantry Assistant like chopping with speed and minimal time. Also, I have learned how to portion and have an organized work space.
Pros
Friendly, Educated, Focused
Its like a family.
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 December 2017
I've worked at jacks for a year now. Things have been switched up a lot management wise, almost all the supervisors have been changed and all the back of house managers have changed as well.
Always a good time
Server/ Shift Lead/ Cocktail Waitress/ Bartender (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 December 2017
I have been working at Jack Astors for only about a year now, and while it's been a short period of time, I've enjoyed working with such great people. The people are what make Jack's so great!
Awful.
Host/Server (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL7 December 2017
Tired of being a positive, happy, human being?
Sick of being treated with respect??
Want to feel unappreciated for all your hard work?!

Well this is the place for you!

In all seriousness, SIRcorp treats their service staff like garbage. They cut hours relentlessly. Never offer any incentives or even thanks for hard work. Just generally have zero regard for the lives and wellbeing of their front line employees.
I was hired on as a full time employee, and was told i could get benefits. Just had to work at least 25h/week for 6 months. Easy Peasy!
Well surprise surprise, just two weeks before my 6 months was rolling around my hours and steady schedule suddenly and mysteriously gets cut to 20h/week for two weeks. It wasn't due to lack of work either. I confronted them about it and they basically shrugged me off. This continued every couple months after. Random week here or there with less than 20h.
I then asked around and found out not a single employee, even the ones who've been there for years have benefits... This company is sick.

Greasy as they come.

They're also extremely unorganized and basically only care about money.
They call their customers Guests, yet treat them like livestock. Just trying to squeeze as much cash out of them as possible.
This was by far the most demoralizing job I've ever had.
Pros
Literally nothing.
Cons
The whole thing.
You're expendable
Server and Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON24 November 2017
Work life balance is non existent.

You're an expendable body that is thrown out when they are finished using you.

It is a cult - the managers make you feel as though your life outside the company is hardly as important as your shift.. and bear in mind that your shift simply includes serving chicken fingers to families.
Management is amazing, team members tend to be super close personally.
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON15 November 2017
Overall it is a fun place to work. The hours full time usually go into overtime as it can be stressful on the weekends and closing is something not many people like to do. Your hours and salary are not great but your team and management are what makes you happy on the job.
Productive, fast pace environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 November 2017
-Serve guests appropriately to accommodate their needs.
-Fast-pace environment.
-Customer service and satisfaction was a huge part of this job.
-Always a fun environment to work, stress was minimized.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Didn't have a specific shift end time
Fun & Fast Paced
Customer Service, Hostess (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON12 November 2017
Fun environment, working with guests, working different events held by the company. Co-workers bond like a family, great experience and lots to learn.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jack Astor's. Our community is ready to answer.