Jack & Jones Employee Reviews

Wasn’t fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 September 2018
I work there for co-op and I mostly did everything from stock, cleaning the store, garbage, etc... all I got was $0.00 like come on I did more in a day than you.
And all they did is stand around, go get drinks and food, talk to each other mostly all the time (manager and assistant manager)
And I got so bored of standing around for hours I was asking is there anything I can do I did everything before lunch.
Pros
Hour break
Cons
No pay
Awfull Place. Management does not care
QC (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 August 2018
As a key holder I was supposed to only close the stores once a week. After the assistant manager quit her job. I was obliged to take her responsibilities for over 6 month. I was closing and opening the store 5 days a week. More than the actual manager.

I got no recognition for filling in.

No advancement opportunities and commission was always wrong and less than actual sales.
Pros
Easy Job and no stress
Cons
Horrible management
Decent place, free coffee maker, great co-workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 July 2018
A typical day starts off by punching in, replenishing stock, scanning in return items, helping customers, and taking out trash. Hardest part about the job is standing for a 6 hour shift with one 20 minute break.
Pros
Great enviornment
Cons
Standing for a long time
Mediocre
Sales Associate, Cashier and Stock (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON4 July 2018
- A typical day, was to assist customers on their need's and wants
- I learned to identify the customers want's and became a better cashier
- Management was terrible, I have never called in sick once and when I did they said no (still never came into work because of a injury they knew about) and they requested my resignation after that,
They also cut their shifts early (Lots to say about)
-There was no hard part to the job
-The most enjoyable part was meeting new customers.
Productive and innovative work space.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 May 2018
Engage with other people coming from all walks of life.

Discuss with potential customers about one of the worlds leading jean manufacturing companies

Things I knew about, but didn't truly understand until Jack & Jones:
Companionship
Trust
When to agree & comply
Notoriety
Interest
Patience

Since the stores origins trace back to Oslo, Norway, most of the apparel reflects current fashion trends in Europe.

Most difficult - Dealing with customers who aren't satisfied.

Most Enjoyable - Seeing smiles/ Creating moments.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Sudden change in shifts
Horrible Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON16 May 2018
Horrible company to work for. From the store managers to the district manager and everyone at the head office, they don't take their job seriously. As soon as one little thing goes wrong in your store, the district manager is so quick to blame you for it while they just sit there and do nothing to improve your store. Hours are horrible, always short staff but never willing to hire, everyone talks bad about each other, it's overall just a horrible company.
Stressful & pressured
Jack and Jones as a sales associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 May 2018
This job is basically like any sales associate position, but I believe the brand, or at least the location I worked, heavily the emphasized the idea of upselling, where if someone was looking for something, you should try to sell them other items to go along with that. Personally, I am not super comfortable aggressively upselling in the way that the store wanted me to
fun place to work
Customer support (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 May 2018
Jack and Jones is one of the most trending company to work. I was appointed as shop girl and customer support,i had to suggest the customer according to their necessities.
team oriented, sales oriented, non commission based
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 April 2018
My time at Jack and Jones was truly one of my favourite jobs. I learned about competitive sales, customer service, visual, and operations. I was in The assistant Manager in a flagship store in the Eaton centre, and then moved to Fairview mall in order to assist that store with their sales.
Was not happy
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 April 2018
Terrible management skills and I was sexually harassed way too often by customers and it made me really uncomfortable to even speak about it. So I wasn’t happy
I really enjoyed it
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 March 2018
Jack & Jones was a great place to work. Its downfall was its management both in and outside of the store. I learned a lot about retail and fashion in the store. I also was placed in my first management position.
High anxiety and high depression rate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON19 March 2018
This place is ridiculous
they expect so much from you with so little pay
not to mention the managers never do anything.
They just comment on everything we do wrong rather than help us
no one stays, everyone keeps quitting because the managers are rude, and make us do their job.
If you stand up for yourself they talk about you behind your back or cut your hours/ the sale goals are extremely unrealistic and we do not even get commission so I don't understand why we have sale goals/ if we are not getting anything out of it.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
awful management
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 March 2018
The place was fun to work at but I received very minimal hours. If I got more hours I would have liked the job more. The management could have been better.
fun workplace
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 November 2017
improve sales skills, and building relationships with customers. its a friendly environment. no commission on sales , the more you sell the more hours you get.
Pros
sales experience
Cons
low pay
Fun, creative and challenging job
Visual Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 November 2017
It was a company that provided a fun, creative and challenging environment. It was very innovative and completely different compared to most men retailers out there.
Very nice environment
CONSEILLER À LA VENTE (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC22 October 2017
I liked working at Jack and Jones because the staff was fun and i loved selling the stock they had! Always had a nice clientele and it was a very positive and fun environment to work.
A dark room with great music
Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Toronto Premium Outlets8 September 2017
Terrible pay and por management. the store itself is constantly filthy with no cleaning weekly/monthly overnight cleaning staff for such a big company. No advancement for position or pay. Great clothes for men
Cons
Long hours or no hours at all
Learned alot lowkey
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 August 2017
Learned how to do a lot to be honest. a lot of the people working there are hype. But honestly hard to get into (in my opinion). Still liked working there.
high stress high anxiety long hours
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 August 2017
this probably was the worst place I ever worked, the management was the worst, upper management was amazing just the supervisor. to much pressure to perform and doing impossible tasks set to impossible standards.
Pros
decent salary
Cons
supervisor, hours, weekends, always on your feet
Fold and talk; no commission
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 July 2017
Just what it says. Strange management. This is a teenager job, not many customers and not much room to grow. At least they provide breaks. I was surprised.
Pros
Discounts! %50!!
Cons
Minimum wage!