Jack & Jones Employee Reviews

team oriented, sales oriented, non commission based
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 April 2018
My time at Jack and Jones was truly one of my favourite jobs. I learned about competitive sales, customer service, visual, and operations. I was in The assistant Manager in a flagship store in the Eaton centre, and then moved to Fairview mall in order to assist that store with their sales.
Was not happy
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 April 2018
Terrible management skills and I was sexually harassed way too often by customers and it made me really uncomfortable to even speak about it. So I wasn’t happy
High anxiety and high depression rate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON19 March 2018
This place is ridiculous
they expect so much from you with so little pay
not to mention the managers never do anything.
They just comment on everything we do wrong rather than help us
no one stays, everyone keeps quitting because the managers are rude, and make us do their job.
If you stand up for yourself they talk about you behind your back or cut your hours/ the sale goals are extremely unrealistic and we do not even get commission so I don't understand why we have sale goals/ if we are not getting anything out of it.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
awful management
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 March 2018
The place was fun to work at but I received very minimal hours. If I got more hours I would have liked the job more. The management could have been better.
fun workplace
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 November 2017
improve sales skills, and building relationships with customers. its a friendly environment. no commission on sales , the more you sell the more hours you get.
Pros
sales experience
Cons
low pay
Fun, creative and challenging job
Visual Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 November 2017
It was a company that provided a fun, creative and challenging environment. It was very innovative and completely different compared to most men retailers out there.
Very nice environment
CONSEILLER À LA VENTE (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC22 October 2017
I liked working at Jack and Jones because the staff was fun and i loved selling the stock they had! Always had a nice clientele and it was a very positive and fun environment to work.
A dark room with great music
Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Toronto Premium Outlets8 September 2017
Terrible pay and por management. the store itself is constantly filthy with no cleaning weekly/monthly overnight cleaning staff for such a big company. No advancement for position or pay. Great clothes for men
Cons
Long hours or no hours at all
Learned alot lowkey
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 August 2017
Learned how to do a lot to be honest. a lot of the people working there are hype. But honestly hard to get into (in my opinion). Still liked working there.
high stress high anxiety long hours
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 August 2017
this probably was the worst place I ever worked, the management was the worst, upper management was amazing just the supervisor. to much pressure to perform and doing impossible tasks set to impossible standards.
Pros
decent salary
Cons
supervisor, hours, weekends, always on your feet
Fold and talk; no commission
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 July 2017
Just what it says. Strange management. This is a teenager job, not many customers and not much room to grow. At least they provide breaks. I was surprised.
Pros
Discounts! %50!!
Cons
Minimum wage!
une expérience inoubliable
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QC27 June 2017
les client le team cette vraiment le fun ..........
Everybody working there just loved working there
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON24 May 2017
Management was great, they kept it fun but professional. Learned a lot about retail. There was nothing hard about this job! It was very enjoyable.

Very easy to keep track of everything.
Cashier
Sales Associate, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 March 2017
sale person
• Maintenance and Restock of Inventory
• Managing shipments and receivables
• Distribution of advertising materials for the store
• Exposure to Customer Service
Not a great place
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 March 2017
Awful upper management. Very unorganized and very disrespectful. Lower level management like store managers did the best they could to make it fun, though it was still not a great company to work for.
Pros
The discount
Cons
everything else
good team work
Co-op student (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 February 2017
the team is great. and have good customer service. There are good and bad times, but that doesn't stop them from reaching the goal of the day.
Jack and Jones was a good company to work for, pay and was good and great staff.
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 February 2017
As a company whole, I enjoyed my employment with the company. Pay was good along with benefits. Jack and Jones culture was fun and management was great to work with.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits.
Cons
Never had a fixed schedule.
Sales dominant fun work environment
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 February 2017
Learned and had the oppurtunity to advance and acquire new sales techniques. Typical day at work includes meeting minimum sales targets and ensuring all sales stats are above the minimum asked.
Good part time student job
Third Key Holder Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 January 2017
Jack and Jones is a European clothing brand. I was the third key holder as a salesman and assistant manager.

I learned how to resolve conflicts between colleagues, managing a sales team with sale targets. I learned to fill out sales reports and stores orders as well.

The managers did not do much of their jobs. I was responsible for many manager tasks. Thanks to this I have developed my management skills.

The hardest part was to ask for a promotion after achieving all sales targets and help the store by generating more revenue.
Pros
Great flexible hours, Fun and interactive
Cons
No advancement opporunities
Fun place with friendly co workers, and lots of things to learn.
Stylist (Co-op) (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 November 2016
AT places like jack and jones/retails, it can truly be stressful for employees on days where the traffic at the store is really low. However, on holidays or days where it is really busy, it becomes easier on employees and less stressful. The reason behind why employees stress on "dead days" (term used when the traffic is low) is because, at jack & jones, every employee is given a goal for the day, and by the end of the day you have to accomplish that goal. For example, If my goal for Monday is $200 that means that I have to sell stuff that is worth $200. Now if my goal is $1000 on a dead day, that can be very stressful. Nonetheless, if I am given the same goal on holidays like black Friday, it will be smoother and less stressful
Pros
1 hour break
Cons
Having to deal with customers that are rude, sometimes