Jacent Strategic Merchandising

Jacent Strategic Merchandising Employee Reviews

Canada10 reviews
Very Frustrating
Jacent pays on the industry average which isn't great but expected.

The work is repetitive and mind-numbing but again, typical of a merchandising job. You can work independently.

I worked for Jacent for a year. When I first began, management was a team of lovely caring and supportive women. Now management is a boys club with an attitude of "my way or the highway".

I cleaned up a huge mess left behind by the previous merchandiser and increased sales by 65% with little to no support by management. A year later management changed the flexibility rules from "get the stores done within these 3 days" to "they have to be done on this day". That day was ever changing because shipping wasn't meeting expectations so I had to be on call 5 days a week, just in case the order arrived. When it did I had to be in store the following business day. I worked an average of 10 hours/week and felt that keeping my week wide open for that was unreasonable. It made it impossible to take another job or make any other commitments. In the end I told them I was not available on Fridays and low and behold, suddenly 3 stores had to be done on Fridays every week. They didn't like that I was pushing back on the change in flexibility. I felt that I was being bullied and there was no gratitude for all I had been doing so decided to walk away - I took the "highway". I left feeling unappreciated and frustrated.
Work
Easy to balance home life and work
Pay needs to be better . Unfortunately there are no benefits

Area Manager is awesome to work with

Company is growing quickly
Good company to work for if your looking for part time work.
Very good training period 3 months, your left by yourself after 5 store visits with your manager. Managers are always a phone call away with your issues.Hours allocated for each store differ, however some take longer as some stores are messier than other.
Company expectations are ridiculous
Not a good company to work for. 2020 posting is for replacement when unnecessary. Zero communication from management, and when they do, employees rarely get honest information, and manager lies about employees to make themselves look good. Expectations for time and commitment or unrealistic, not compensated for travel, and wages often held for months at a time.
Difficult Management to work for
From my experience I would not recommend working for Jacent. The work is great but the management is awful. They are not helpful and change routes/hours on you with no advanced warning. Poor leadership.
Ignorant and Arrogant Territory Manager - No Support From Upper Managemrnt
This company is plagued by too many levels of management. A corporate structure that is fundamentally broken.

Poor Frontline and store level (store management) communication. Non-responsive to store level issues and concerns. Complaints abundant from the front line merchandisers, treated as trash and a "dime a dozen".
Poor pay for a lot of work
A lot of driving for very few hours and poor pay.
Training isnt very good them your expected to get a lot of work done in only a few hours, employees seem disgruntled.
Great for people who want to fill some time
I'm in Canada so I think our wage structure is different: the pay is a bit better than minimum wage ( I got a small raise within a year) with some travel time and mileage, once you leave the house you are guaranteed by law to be paid for 3 hours.

No benefits for merchandisers as this is a part-time job.

I currently work between 5-8 hours a day (including travel time) 4 days a week.

Jacent does expect you to service your stores on the same day each visit but there is leniency of a day or two, I easily rearrange my work schedule for personal appointments and have no issues with management as long as I am proactive about advising my supervisor.

There is very little training offered and not a lot of advanced information about any changes. There is the expectation that you can manage yourself and use critical thinking to get through the few issues that may arise. The job is repetitive and fairly solitary.

Head office, the warehouse and support are all in the U.S.

It is very frustrating when there is extra product shipped to you by the uppity ups and out of stocks in the factory can be a bit of a challenge but the job is not stressful at all.

I've been with Jacent for almost 2 years and will stay for the foreseeable future.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
not for every one
Fun place to work
I have just passed my 3 month review and I honestly do enjoy working here. Once you get familiar with your stores and the people you work with it's not a hard job and your working on your own schedule which is a plus :) I find that it helps keep you busy and your always thinking of better ways to improve and get more sales. I enjoy going into the stores and seeing what needs to be ordered. I do get asked alot where certain things are located in the store by customers, but if you don't mind you can always say where the product is or ask the customer to seek a employee of the store as you just work for the merchandising company. Over all the TL and Managers are very helpful and making sure that we are doing well and are ready to answer any questions.
Pros
Your own schedule
Cons
Didn't have any
Mauvaise compagnie
Aucun respect pour les employés. Les heures et le nombre de clients est diminué de moitié depuis que c'est Jacent qui gère le tout. Ne perdez pas votre temps avec cette compagnie.
Pros
Aucuns
Cons
Tout