JPMorgan Chase
Coronavirus update
Information from JPMorgan Chase:

JPMorgan Chase Employee Reviews

Canada146 reviews
It was a good experience as my first job in Toronto. The team members were very supportive and were willing to teach. However, quality standards are very high and salaries can be better.
Manage escalations and provide technical and customer service to clients
I learned many different skills working with Chase. The most challenging part of the job is it being fast paced and having to adapt at a moments notice.
Process and administer merchants maintenance requests to a various systems. Support bank level maintenance as required by task allocation procedure. Initiate and maintain tracking records also generate reports for services performed
Pros
Lunch room with TV
Cons
busy kitchen in morning and lunch time
- Micro Management Style
- Managers had inappropriate relationship with their staff

- Staff were laid off with no cause

- Salary was minimum based salary

Not the best company with work for

Company did not make it in Canada - Recently closed their doors.
Pros
Good as a starter job
Cons
Low salary
It was a pleasure and great experience working for the company, multi cultural, the management group was always there to assist you, the bonuses and commission was good, we had great diners once a year paid by the company, great team meetings and training sessions, one of the best companies
I have ever worked for.
good hours
learned banking regulations and risk

great workplace culture

the most enjoyable part of the job activity

hardest part of the work equipement
Great place to work just too far from downtown Toronto but lovely management and good work to life balance. The pay is not so great but it's a nice place to start as a new comer.
Fun at workplace and good Management, Strong technical people to work with, easy to work with the team and stack holders.

Very good VP's and ED's to work with.
Great place to start off working in an office environment. Lots of training and support. If you get a good manager its a fun place to work. They do have room for advancement, just need to prove yourself or talk to the right people. Great staff event days with lots of free food and time to hang out with fellow employees. Overall good experience working for them. Some departments have terrible hours and privileges
its a extreme learning environment with room to grow and get more responsibility , culture is very professional , employe benefith are more diverce and creative.
I started with the Complaints Resolution Unit as a stepping stone in order to move up to a more senior role with the Office of the President. I dealt with first level complaints, reiterated resolutions that had already be delivered to customers. The work environment was also fast paced and demanding. As my previous roles with the bank the hardest part of the job is to deliver negative resolutions to customer and is always a plus to deliver some good news as well!
Very proud to be JP Morgan Chase Employee
Good learning opportunities

Great salary and benefits

Good carrier movements

The company has decided to move most jobs out of Canada
Job was fun and loving. The environment is really good. great support from all team members. couldn't ask for more. Inter department movement is also flexible.
Not comfortable working in JP Morgan Accounting. No accurate training been encountered and not been trained in a complete Accounting procedure and principles for 3 months contract.
good company- gained masses of experience ein
Platforms and technologies: SQL, Oracle DB, VBScript, Fiserv/ Dovetail for BACS, FPS, SEPA, Swift. Tememos for account services.

Tools include ALM12 (Quality Centre,) BPT, XML formats, Unix, Toad, MQ, selenium, Microsoft Project. Agile, Jira, (Kanban boards), Confluence, CICS, Adabas DB, TSO.

ISEB foundation, Intermediate and Practitioner certification gained.

Methodologies include Agile, Scrum master role, Kanban, and waterfall.
Pros
good company
Cons
management changes
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at JP Morgan. It had great work/life balance and there was ample opportunities for advancement. I also felt as if my opinion was always valued and I got along very well with my manager and colleagues.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Stressful work at times
Helping team lead, very co operative
The hardest part is to deal with customers for trouble shooting.The management is amazing.

Answer and resolve calls from merchants. Be the one contact for merchants.

Trouble shoot technical problems to determine the root cause and provide a viable solution

Maintain a high knowledge of surrounding products, equipment, features and services.

Ability to work within an extremely fast changing and at times stress environment
Pros
different shirt timings
Cons
We give back to communities as a company and individual employees, and step up to help those in need.

We support women, minority and veteran-owned businesses through initiatives and programs such as Women on the Move and the Veteran Jobs Mission.

We help young people develop their professional skills to compete in today’s economy through investments in local communities.

We work with 1 million low-income individuals to improve their financial health.

We partner locally to help neighborhoods in need of revitalization.

Our philanthropic giving has doubled in the past ten years.

You’ll help our wide range of clients and customers achieve their financial goals – helping expand businesses, raise funds, invest in new opportunities, manage cash flow and risk, and advise on a day-to-day basis.

You’ll help people and institutions around the world to build, preserve and manage their assets.

You’ll work with small businesses to help them grow and reach their potential.

We work with medium and large-scale businesses on their individual goals.
The company provide good incentive and environment is clean and friendly.
ISO certified, standard when it comes to the rules and regulation, metric and process handling.
Pros
double pay on rest day shift, 200% on holiday shift
Cons
not transparent with the management changes
a great culture, with very knowledgeable people, willing to share knowledge. a good working environment with the opportunity to be involved in global projects
Pros
global project, people
Cons
female carreers (projects to address)
good internal mobility and opportunity to be part of global initiatives. very political environment with an individualistic culture. this can change from team to team and location
Pros
mobility, worklife balance
Cons
politics, progression