JD Sweid Foods LTD Employee Reviews

A difficult job
Quality Assurance Technician (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC22 March 2018
I've worked at this company for many years and it is a very hard job which takes a toll on your body. The environment is fast paced and very physical. Repetitious and cold. It's dusty and loud. You're standing on concrete all day. It's shift work and in an industrial area so having a vehicle is a must. This company offers a good benefit program for full-time employees. And for part-time employees who work a certain amount of hours in a year. Men seem to promote much faster than women at this company. Many good employees and a friendly work environment.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Very busy so get forced to work overtime most Saturdays.
love this job!
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC23 August 2017
i have been working here for over a year as a restricted part time! thought i won't last for a month or so, but at work I always wanted to dig the 100% of me and to prove to the company my worth that they would never ended up regretting hiring me in the first place... i love my supervisors! great people ! and our lead hands are the best! have already build friendship with other colleagues.....just love this company! very physical job but happy environment and safe...
Pros
not so much drama going on unlike in the company i am in right now..
Cons
hours of working cant choose and its hard especially for people who wanted to go back to school
great environment
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC12 August 2017
JD Sweid is a great place to work at. The staff is always willing to go out of their way and teach anyone who needs help. The managers and the coworkers are very friendly.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC9 November 2016
Busy environment. It is face paced and can be quite physical but there have been no layoffs since 2011. Good people and friends work here. Stable job, room to grow if you want to take on responsibility. Most employees here in Langley have worked for the company 15+ years. Some of us have even been here more than 25.
big company
Power Engineer/Millwright (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC22 September 2016
• Repaired and carried out preventative maintenance on the boilers, refrigeration equipment (ammonia), emergency power and other related equipment of the facility
• Performed mechanical maintenance, repairs and replacement duties related to the physical plant, buildings and equipment
• Developed and maintained a work plan to identify energy efficiency opportunities and implement energy management measures.
• Worked with trade allies, suppliers and developers to provide program information and encourage implementation
Experienced Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON27 January 2015
A wide range of experience in the meat industry including portion control; retail/foodservice/wholesale marketing; product promotions; crisis management; food trade shows; lamb/game meat procurement.

Team oriented individual, highly organized, willing to relocate, with a robust analytical, and negotiation skills. Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills for the very fast paced working environment.

Targeting a challenging opportunity in a mid-size, to multinational organization to enhance diverse skills I’ve acquired through my years of experience in the food industry.
Not Great
Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Waterloo27 February 2014
Lots of dramatic people work here. Mostly woman, no room for advancement for woman. They don't seem to care much about there workers.
Pros
Easy work, you rotate jobs
Cons
hours a week are not always certain
friendly co-workers, great pay
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Langley26 February 2014
This is a fast paced production line, great co-workers, great supervisors, always busy. If I had this opportunity again for something similar I would love to advance to full time again. I would have to do some yoga.
Pros
great hours
Cons
get sore quickly
Fast-paced, challenging environment
Quality Assurance Technologist (Current Employee) –  Langley9 June 2013
No opportunity for advancement. Great team environment and a great way to enter into the industry.
was a fun place the work.I worked their for 22 years and that speaks for itself.
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC5 March 2013
My day would start at 6.am and I would spend about 5 hours getting things ready for next day production and then would spend about 1 hours making sure that my stock would come in on time. I would spend the about 2 hours making labels for the production line. I worked with great people but my department was closed down as our plant was moved from Burnaby bc to langley bc. I loved my job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JD Sweid Foods LTD. Our community is ready to answer.

JD Sweid Foods LTD Reviews by Location