J.R. Simplot Company Employee Reviews

They don’t care for you one bit
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Caldwell, ID10 April 2018
Simplot is a horrible place to work. They will shut the plant down multiple times a year and not even tell you about it. You end up hearing about it from the Hogger’s or contract drivers. And when you ask when it will be down they give you the wrong dates and then once you make plans for the supposed days off they call and say oh we are working one more day and you are forced to cancel your plans and go to work. I then brought it up in a safety meeting about their lack of communication and the head of hr just laughed about and said oh we are fantastic when it comes to communicating. They also told me when I was hired to expect to make 50k a year as a truck driver. When I got my w2 I had made a whopping 40k. 10k difference. So if you don’t want to get screwed, stay away from this company!
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons
Dispatchers
stressful workplace
Packaging Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Othello, WA9 April 2018
Jr Simplot to me was a very stressful workplace, your work days were 12hours. they offered overtime during your days off and made overtime mandatory cause lack of personal!
Pros
Fulltime job
Cons
forced overtime
Really Great Place of Employment
Safety Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Quincy, WA3 April 2018
The J.R. Simplot provided many opportunities for advancement within the company. Management was extremely supportive of each employee and each and every employee was assured of thstb on a regular basis!
Pros
great advancemet iopportunites
Cons
difficukt enviroment to work under with little or no profit
Excellent long term career opportunities
Administrative Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Boise, ID28 March 2018
It is a wonderful place to work with growth opportunity-If the company had not downsized and had a reduction in force, I would still be working there.
Pros
career growth, competitive compensation
nice place to work
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Umatilla, OR13 March 2018
it was raining for got to untarp the top, it was still dark out side, I was very embarressed the ferlilizer went all over ground stupid mistake so I quit.
Easy Going
Operation Support (Current Employee) –  Hanford, CA3 March 2018
Great place to work and learn more skills, but don't look for job advancement because it isn't going to happen. Opportunities are available but usually in different states.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
No advancement opportunities
Direct Abuse of Contracted Workers!!! Total Discrimination
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Boise, ID2 March 2018
Works Contractors to death, relying on contractors to hold th AP department together all the while treating them like worthless slaves that are not good enough to be hired as a regular Simplot employee. Requires a 4 year degree for data entry work, that’s educational discrimination and they are going to pay. Simplot treats Contractors like a segregated population with a disease.
Great Place To Work
Shift A (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, ND25 February 2018
Solid Company - takes care of its people and the mission. Continuous improvement is a constant focus. Always developing innovate ways to engage the environment with the customer in a sustainable way.
excellent workplace
Lift Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Heyburn, ID6 February 2018
Good hours, great people. Hardest part was dealing with the cold temps. Management was good to get along with. Had good benefits and vacation plans. Had holidays off.
Pros
good people
Cons
below freezing temps ( cold storage)
poor management/ human resources
Outside Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Caldwell, ID1 February 2018
A typical day at work. management isn't the greatest. Not to understanding with employees health and welfare. Work schedule is decent with overtime available when needed.
Pros
paid lunch and breaks
Cons
poor management

Want to know more about J.R. Simplot Company?

Ask a question
Employee Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Othello, WA26 January 2018
Awesome place to work for, though the hours where very demanding and long, the pay was fair and had a lot of over time opportunity. The people are incredible and the management was very helpful.
Pros
good people
Cons
to many hours
Quality Supervisor (Current Employee) –  West Memphis, AR25 January 2018
I enjoyed working for the Simplot Company. I endured lots of opportunities and training advancements as well. The West Memphis location currently shut down was the reason for me leaving.
Pros
advancments
Cons
had to boost employee moral
productive place
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  West Memphis, AR22 January 2018
Productive place to work ,good employees too work with ,nice environment to work in .plenty of overtime ,if needed ,sometimes long hours due to production needs ....
Pros
free lunches, and etc sometimes
Cons
short breaks, long scheduled work hours
I like working at Simplot
Outsider Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Caldwell, ID18 January 2018
I like working at Simplot, and was looking to retire there, but currently there are no opening in my field of study open, so I am looking outside in the workforce to find employment
Pros
plenty of days off
Cons
every third week needing to do cleanup on one of my days off
High Stress and Low Reward
Packaging B Operator (Current Employee) –  Caldwell, ID13 January 2018
The job pays well but each employee is treated like a number, not a person, regardless of the performance of that person. There is little recognition given to individuals who really put forth a lot of effort. Many of the people come in with a great attitude of showing the company what they are worth and end up with an attitude of just getting through the shift. This transformation usually takes place in less than a month.
As a receiving operator I was involved with all production aspects.
Receiving Operator/ Mechanic Helper. (Former Employee) –  Nampa, ID2 January 2018
I had to keep all lines going; if I did not unload to keep up with production it could have caused problems. They still talk about me (in a good way) at the new plant.
Pros
Great pay; 16.49/hr
Cons
I had to skip or shorten breaks if problems developed
Harvesting Potatoes
Unloader (Former Employee) –  Burbank, WA24 December 2017
Everyday would be filled with hundreds of thousands of potatoes. I learned the different kinds of spuds, what spuds are best used for what. The management was great.
fast paced and cold
Sanitation Technician (Former Employee) –  West Memphis, AR20 December 2017
I liked working for this company cause it was good pay and co-workers were very helpful and easy to work with, plus I got a chance to work with a lot of different ethic groups.
Hard work with great benefits
Quality Assurance Lab Technician/ Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Nampa, ID2 December 2017
Great place to work. It was unfortunate that they closed down and I was laid off. It had great pay but not great morale and hard work with hard hours.
Great pay, long hours
Quality Assurance Auditor (Current Employee) –  Caldwell, ID2 November 2017
Working for J.R Simplot Company (in the factory) is a great opportunity to learn about the factory and potato life while working in a clean, well kept environment and getting paid VERY well. It is definitely more of a man's place to work as it mainly deals with machines, heavy lifting, forklift driving, lots of maintenance, and just about everything you do gets you dirty; that being said though, women do work here and make it just fine. Working in the Q.A lab is very repetitive, but you get paid wonderfully and won't be able to find somewhere that comes even close to competing. My biggest complaints are simply that the factory and all of the possible "mandatory" overtime tend to consume you and your outside life, so for people with children who desire to have a balanced work and home life, it makes it very hard.
Pros
Paid lunches, plenty of overtime, great pay
Cons
High deductible healthcare, stressful, long hours, mandatory overtime