J. Walter Thompson Employee Reviews

Hope you like "Managing up"...
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 November 2018
The only people who get any sort of career advancement are the ones who specialize in managing up at the expense of all else. The people who seem to be promoted or hired for executive-level positions are good talkers, and sometimes even very friendly, but not generally very competent or experienced with team building or leading people.

I was there many years and had one "yearly" review, zero pay raises, and not even one cost of living increase. I was not an exception, this was a very common scenario and a story I have heard many times from many other people in various departments who have worked there.

They are stuck in the stone age and rest on their laurels. They talk a good game, but don't be fooled. You would be better served at a more modern agency.
Pros
nice-looking office
Cons
unpaid overtime, no career advancement, negative atmosphere
Front End Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 September 2017
An amazing agency with great people and good pay. Benefits are also good. An opportunity to get brand name experience under your belt and learn new things.
The perfect job - until I was whacked by a relative stranger without warning.
Senior Writer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 May 2017
A great place to work and you're surrounded by good and talented people. Solid clients and a fun atmosphere for the most part. I enjoyed going to work each day - and that's not something you can always say.
Great people!
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 September 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside amazing colleagues and learning from them. The hours were long, but it's the same at every other advertising agency. Management was more supportive than at other agencies I've been at.
Cons
Long hours. Low pay.
Good Place
Editor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 March 2014
Great people, really friendly atmosphere. Very high paced work and everything keeps you on your toes.