J. Ennis Fabrics Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
Accounts Receivable Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 May 2018
The wages are poor therefore there is high turn around.

Management is very poor and they don't appear to care if their employees are happy.

A lot of their employees have to go to the Food Bank every month however the owner takes many vacations and appears to have a permenant tan. The perception is that Top Management flurshes on the backs of the poor people actually running the company.

Many of the people are very nice.
Pros
many of the people are nice
Cons
everything else
Very poor place to work
Accounts (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 June 2017
Worst place I have worked for as well - this is the type of company where many family members or friends of the family work there among us regular civilians lol... So more often than not loud even screaming and swearing conversations are heard coming from departments nearby, but this is all allowed and accepted as these are the special people.. Quite an unprofessional work environment and was embarrassing to be on any phone call while these things often went on in the background.
Good opportunity to develop skills.
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 October 2016
J Ennis Fabrics warehouse assistant position is a decent entry level job for someone looking to develop their skills. The most enjoyable thing about your days at J Ennis may be the people you work with and the hardest part may be the wages you earn. Another negitive is that there is no real opportunity to grow in this company (in terms of promotion).
Pros
Skill Development
Cons
Lack of Team Work, Over worked
Enjoyable
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 March 2016
Pays very poorly. There can be plenty of office politics but overall it's an enjoyable place to work. You know your task each day and do not wait to be told what to do. Never is there a time where your bored.
What you see is not what you get
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 March 2016
The owner is all about his ego. No job security. Management has no clue. High turnover. One of the worst places I have ever worked.
Pros
Leaving
Reasonable company for its size
Accounting (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 November 2015
A smallish medium sized company. The size of the company makes opportunities for advancement and diversity in job opportunities limited. The management is employee oriented and realize that employees are the life blood of the organization. Many social opportunities are offered. The organization has a strong family culture.
Pros
Really good benefits plan. Frequent free employee lunches and social activities
Cons
limited opportunity for advancement
Productive, busy and fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton25 August 2015
Fun place to work with very supportive management. Very helpful, patient, supportive co-workers. Although it was very busy, customers were usually very polite, nice, and understanding. The customer Service Team has a lot of responsibilities in terms of completely satisfying their customer needs and I believe that this team at J.Ennis successfully fulfil this role. I really enjoyed working for them plus I believe it helped me build my resume in a more professional manner.
two faced and do not back up employees
Technical Analyst/Server Administrator (Former Employee) –  edmonton13 March 2015
IT was not allowed to function properly as budgets were held hostage by management even though operational costs and capital expenditures had previously been approved.

Management openly disparaged employees to other employees
Cons
Too much for too little.
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 May 2014
As long as i stayed it wasn't worth my time. The hours are great Monday to Friday 8-4:30, and holidays off. But for how busy it gets after a holiday its not worth taking the holiday off. It's to physically demanding for the amount of pay. Management is the worse, you cannot express any advancement or ask a question without an extremely rude answer or no help at all "not your job" attitude. Training consists of one day speed talking, then thrown to the wolves.

As much as the people were great who have been there long, the extremely high turn over rate and temp workers going in and out. The surrounding people do non stop training.
Pros
Bbqs, Great people, Hours
Cons
Salary, Managment
great team
Bilingual Customer Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 May 2014
i like my job in general regardless of the hardship of going through many member of management in a short time
family oriented
Bilingual customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton10 February 2014
• Daily contact with customer via telephone and answer inquiries, provide information
• Explain the type and cost of services offered
• take customer orders by phone, fax, email and web orders
• handling and processing payment including Visa/MasterCard/American Express
• Investigate complaints
• Arrange for refunds and credits
• Access and process information
• Manage numerous phone calls at one time in a busy environment, provide daily clerical duties
Faced paced environment.
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 January 2013
Lead Customer Service department for North America.
Work collaboratively with sales, warehouse and product teams.
Lead team of 16 staff.
I really enjoyed working there
Customer Service/Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 November 2012
Typical Day at work:
- Answer phones, paging
- Enter Invoices, data entry
- Help on Shipping Table, unload trucks, prepare labels
- Order office Supplies if needed

I learned the policies and safety procedures of working in a warehouse. How to enter in data for all purchases, and make labels

I got along with all management and co-workers, they were a great group of people to work for/with

The hardest part of my job was making announcments. I was really nervous the first time.

I enjoyed working there because the people were great
Pros
free lunches before the holidays
Cons
was far away from home
Great place to learn
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 October 2012
Enjoyed my time learning and growing. Had a great team and enjoyed watching them grow with me.
Direct co-workers are great, management needs improvement
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 October 2012
A typical day at work consisted of answering calls and servicing the customer. This is a wholesale distributor of fabrics and upholstery supplies. I learned alot about working in a fast paced call center working with J Ennis. Management needs improvement. Co-workers in this environment are great and very supportive to others. The most enjoyable part of this job was working with the customer and directly helping the sales team.
Pros
free lunches, pot lucks, summer bbqs
Cons
no room for over time, very little opportunity for decent raises