Ivanhoe Cambridge Employee Reviews

Fun job
Monitrice de patin sur glace à l'Atrium (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON28 December 2018
This was a very fun job and the schedule is also very nice! I had lots of fun working at the atrium and the kids are sweet. You have a lot of say in how you want to work and the hours are flexible
Productive and fun workplace
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Metrotown, BC18 December 2018
Having very good experience working there. Team members are very helpful. I am enjoying my job very much. Supervisor is very nice, understanding and cooperative.
Regular Admin duties
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC20 November 2018
The company was ok to work for, but growth within the company was limited. the staff was friendly. I would consider this a entry level position without much growth.
Pros
full hour lunch
Cons
working at desk for too long
workload is constantly changing
CUSTOMER SERVICE CLEARK (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC8 October 2018
The workload is constantly changing in rapid speed. Which causes chaos for the part timers. There are 2 full timers and they cannot be found if any help is required. All the employees backbite others to earn good name from supervisor and win more working hours. This is not a professional workplace ethics.
Summer Internship
Leasing Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 August 2018
Great summer internship that offered valuable exposure to working in the shopping centre industry. Positive company culture with co-workers who encourage you to learn and grow.
Limited growth
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC31 July 2018
Team culture isn't too great. It really depends on who's currently working there. If you're an "ambassador", it's not great. You're standing around for hours... If you're in the booth, it's better but chances in there are limited as it goes by seniority. I did enjoy the booth better. But since its part-time, you'll get 3 days of work, pay wasn't very good.
Fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC8 July 2018
A fun place to work. People were friendly and accommodating .They provided on the job training, for upgrading my skills keeping me up to date with the latest computer software etc.. They also put me in other courses off site.
Pros
Various lunches ex.Make a wish foundation, Christmas parties, various charity events.
Good Intern Place
Asset Management and Operations Information Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 May 2018
Worked here as an intern. Oddly casual from what I remember. This company is one of those companies which is huge, but nobody really knows about them. Good place to grow.
Good salary, and great customer interaction
Metrotown Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON25 April 2018
I had an enjoyable time working there but the only thing I didn't like was how the manager ran things. There was a sort of culture that praised how much you can "suck up" but does not acknowledge your skills.
Great Boss to bad he retired
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 March 2018
Great place to work, boss was great and co-workers were great too; office structure was good, staffing was adequate, Company did not treat you like just a number.
Stay Away
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 February 2018
This company has gone through much downsizing in the past. Most employees are kept on short term contracts with marginal benefits if any. Staff and culture is friendly but there’s little if any real security.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Short term contracts and empty promises
Great place
Manager Retail Leasing Central Region (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON19 February 2018
During my experience with Ivanhoe Cambridge, I have learned a lot about merchandise mix and I have also learn the importance of having good and respectful relation ships.
workplace
AGENT PRINCIPAL, RECOUVREMENT (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 September 2017
working at Ivanhoé Cambridge is a great experience. people are great, workplace is wonderful, scheduling is flexible
the experience that you learn here is very usefull in many field
Christmas Season Work
Santa's Helper (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS23 September 2017
I worked as a "Santa's Helper" for two consecutive Christmas seasons. The job involves working with 1-3 other people (depending on the expected customer volume) in short, 3-5 hour shifts. Stations include line (chatting up folks waiting in line, coloring with kids at the coloring table, answering questions anyone waiting might have), line head (talking to the family at the head of the line and finding out children's names, ages, what they want for Christmas, etc to tell Santa before bringing the kids up to meet him), photography (taking the photos of kids with Santa on a laptop hooked up to a camera and controlling lights, putting photos on USBs and handing them off), and assistance (assisting any other stations as needed). You work without management supervision and generally without breaks due to the short shifts, and must wear red/green/white with the option of black pants - Christmas accessories are strongly encouraged. The way things run is very relaxed. Pay is above minimum wage.

The first year was good, management was helpful and supportive, shifts were frequent with just enough days off, everyone got along. The second year management had changed and become fairly aggressive and critical, shifts were too frequent - I had two scheduled days off throughout the entire season - and everyone I spoke to agreed they would not be returning next year. One Santa we had didn't seem to be remembering children's names, was grumpy and a sometimes rude, and often came with his costume poorly put on. Because he'd been working as Santa for several years management refused to consider
  more... our concerns.  less
Pros
Short hours, good pay
Cons
Poor management
Belle opportunité pour une début de carrière
Réceptionniste - Agente de service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 September 2017
Cette compagnie est la première à me donner ma chance de réintégrer le monde de l'emploi après une longue période d'inactivité. Mon équipe est très agréable et il est assez facile de se coordonner pour donner le meilleur service possible aux locataires de l'édifice.
Pros
Tarifs préférentiels pour le gym
Cons
Horaires du poste pas très adaptés pour mener une vie de famille
Property Revenue Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 May 2017
Of my time with Ivanhoe Cambridge, I had the pleasure to achieve my Bachelor's degree while working full time. Management was wonderful and very understanding. Their work process is very competitive where they always try to move forward. Their downtown office is also an excellent location and very convenient.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
No Cons
Fun place to work if you keep praising the supervisor
GUEST SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Tsawwassen, BC10 May 2017
It's a fun place to work but depending on manager's favourite or not you experience what you actually experience. It's fun but favoritism do hurt sometimes especially when all the efforts you put in is not being acknowledged.
Pros
easy job
Cons
too much politics
Ma force chez Ivanhoé Cambridge
Administrateur d'inventaire informatique (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 May 2017
Ce que je retiens de mon travail chez Ivanhoé Cambridge, c'est que ma force est le service à la clientèle. J'avais besoin de ce contact avec les utilisateurs et c'est ce que j'ai pu réaliser chez Ivanhoé Cambridge. J'avais déjà de l'expérience de travail de bureau (en comptabilité) et je peux dire que j'ai pu aller plus loin dans une équipe informatique formidable qui servait une clientèle pan canadienne et à l'internationale.
Pros
Environnement de travail superbe
Cons
Aucun
Work life balance
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2016
Great place to work when work life balance is your priority. Very structured and will exposed you to various disciplines of the organization.
Environnement de travail agréable
Agente de service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 November 2016
Travail de réception, recevoir des appels , diriger les visiteurs au bonne endroit, gestion de visiteur (programme informatique).
Pros
Beaucoup d'autonomie
Cons
Besoin de plus de resposabilités

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ivanhoe Cambridge. Our community is ready to answer.