iTutorGroup
Here to help
Coronavirus update

iTutorGroup Employee Reviews

Canada10 reviews
iTutor group is not a good company to work for. They do not value their employees nor their clients (students). They are out to make a quick buck. If you really want to make a difference, there are other companies who do the same type of work that is way better to work for.
Working online for iTutor Group opens the doors for an English Teacher to learn how to share the English language with kids and adults via a specially designed video call program. Their prearranged and synced work assignments are neatly matched to the interests of the student and the teacher. This type of matching allows for better engagement of both parties. There are plenty of opportunities for a teacher to advance their skills, with internal trainings. The pay rate is adjusted according to your level of teaching and proficiency. Level up your skills and see your pay increase. At iTutor Group accuracy ensures a healthy learning environment.
Pros
algorithmic lesson matching. pay bonuses, personal scheduling, live chat with tech support, available mandarin lessons upon qualified application.
Cons
competitive scheduling, client- teacher rating system, work hours (location dependent)
Once you understand the scheduling, it's a very useful side job or even full time if you want to dedicate more hours to it. It's easy to work up and become qualified for the higher - paying classes (I did it in less than 2 months) and you can set your schedule for whenever you want,although you won't always get all the hours you set aside booked, but you must be available.
Pros
You set your own schedule
Cons
Sometimes you can get one - person, low - paid classes
A part time job enough to pay for personal expenses. Doing it full-time would be great if the management was better. They are more inclined in helping the students and their conveniences and do not basically bother about the teachers.
Consultants can cancel a session an hour before the start time with no penalty. We can ask for leave anytime we want, and for as how long as we want without being terminated. The management is very supportive and friendly.
I was never paid for my work, they kept claiming there were bank errors. The work itself was fun and rewarding but nobody should ever work for free, stupid.
Don't bother with iTutorGroup. They make you teach mostly demo classes and 45 minute sessions which pays less than minimum wage. After the company went public in November 2019, many teachers are not able to get their time slots filled with students, so expect to work part-time only. The teaching materials are too short and lack content. If you want to make less than a living wage rate than work for this awful company.
Pros
Cons
Poorly managed, Unethical company, Extremely low pay, Dishonest
It was stressful working at iTutor. It is hard to level with the management. I am not sure if it was a typical day at work. I learned to deal with stress by being patient and staying positive.
For my first year I had consistent work with this company but something changed at the beginning of November 2019, when number of scheduled classes were cut in half. The company's strength used to be consistency of work. However, I can no longer say that. Weakness - poor communication from management team (slow response, sometimes no response).
This company is very fair, but they require you to do a lot more than most employers. As with most Online ESL jobs, you are more of an independent contractor than an employee for all intents and purposes.

The system of communication is not the best, but they do get back to me fairly quickly. It is a bit impersonal though,

Base pay and incentives system are a major drag on employee satisfaction. Also using mostly low-quality teaching material and lesson plans.

Recommended if you want a steady pay-cheque while you learn the ropes of teaching English online. Or if you're looking for a part-time job and you have free mornings and weekends.
Pros
Computerized, automated employee-company interface, pay is on time every month
Cons
Poor communication channels