iTutorGroup

iTutorGroup Employee Reviews

Company tries to rip off their teachers

iTutor group is not a good company to work for. They do not value their employees nor their clients (students). They are out to make a quick buck. If you really want to make a difference, there are other companies who do the same type of work that is way better to work for.

Inhumane work environment and pay.

I hate that I have to leave such a bad review but here it goes. Don’t work for this company, just run if you think it’s good. The company has no one to contact for support of questions. I was never paid for the last work I did and have no way to contact anyone about it. You deal with robots and have no true connection with anyone other than your students who sometimes just stare at you blankly. This company underpays employees if they even pay them at all. I had zero support and am very happy to leave this company and not have to fight to be paid what I worked.

Pros

Flexible scheduling

Cons

Everything else

They treat their employees terribly.

They can at any time change your contract. Even if you book many hours they do not guarantee any work but you have to remain available to teach for those hours. They recently forced us to take a pay cut and then proceeded to give us hardly any classes. There is zero job security with this company. They do not value their employees at all.

Flexible and a good choice during COVID

I love working for itutorgroup and I've been working since early 2019! This is my first online job and teaching ESL online. I searched some ESL companies and narrowed down to itutor -- the only one that offers adult lessons! I love their teaching platform as well the materials prepared and all I need to do is to teach. Typically, I teach 4 lessons in the morning everyday (5 days a week) and the lessons are 25 minutes each, or 45 minutes. There are some lessons offered in the evening, but mornings are best. Now many students are back to school so I only teach in peak hours. I really enjoy the flexibility and I can do sports in my spare time.

Pros

good training and prepared materials. flexibility

Cons

working as an independent contractor

Not a fun place to work.

I am not too happy. It is not a good place to work with. They don't know how to value their consultants. Policy is not good. Very inconsiderate. Very unprofessional. I don't want to recommend this company to other people.

Teaching English Online via Video Call Program

Working online for iTutor Group opens the doors for an English Teacher to learn how to share the English language with kids and adults via a specially designed video call program. Their prearranged and synced work assignments are neatly matched to the interests of the student and the teacher. This type of matching allows for better engagement of both parties. There are plenty of opportunities for a teacher to advance their skills, with internal trainings. The pay rate is adjusted according to your level of teaching and proficiency. Level up your skills and see your pay increase. At iTutor Group accuracy ensures a healthy learning environment.

Pros

algorithmic lesson matching. pay bonuses, personal scheduling, live chat with tech support, available mandarin lessons upon qualified application.

Cons

competitive scheduling, client- teacher rating system, work hours (location dependent)

Very flexible, good pay when you with out the system

Once you understand the scheduling, it's a very useful side job or even full time if you want to dedicate more hours to it. It's easy to work up and become qualified for the higher - paying classes (I did it in less than 2 months) and you can set your schedule for whenever you want,although you won't always get all the hours you set aside booked, but you must be available.

Pros

You set your own schedule

Cons

Sometimes you can get one - person, low - paid classes

A good part time job

A part time job enough to pay for personal expenses. Doing it full-time would be great if the management was better. They are more inclined in helping the students and their conveniences and do not basically bother about the teachers.

Flexible working hours

Consultants can cancel a session an hour before the start time with no penalty. We can ask for leave anytime we want, and for as how long as we want without being terminated. The management is very supportive and friendly.

Never paid me

I was never paid for my work, they kept claiming there were bank errors. The work itself was fun and rewarding but nobody should ever work for free, stupid.

Most teaching sessions pay less than minimum wage

Don't bother with iTutorGroup. They make you teach mostly demo classes and 45 minute sessions which pays less than minimum wage. After the company went public in November 2019, many teachers are not able to get their time slots filled with students, so expect to work part-time only. The teaching materials are too short and lack content. If you want to make less than a living wage rate than work for this awful company.

Pros

Cons

Poorly managed, Unethical company, Extremely low pay, Dishonest

working at itutor

It was stressful working at iTutor. It is hard to level with the management. I am not sure if it was a typical day at work. I learned to deal with stress by being patient and staying positive.

Average Overall

For my first year I had consistent work with this company but something changed at the beginning of November 2019, when number of scheduled classes were cut in half. The company's strength used to be consistency of work. However, I can no longer say that. Weakness - poor communication from management team (slow response, sometimes no response).

iTutor Group is a Decent Place to Cut Your Teeth in the Online ESL Game

This company is very fair, but they require you to do a lot more than most employers. As with most Online ESL jobs, you are more of an independent contractor than an employee for all intents and purposes. The system of communication is not the best, but they do get back to me fairly quickly. It is a bit impersonal though, Base pay and incentives system are a major drag on employee satisfaction. Also using mostly low-quality teaching material and lesson plans. Recommended if you want a steady pay-cheque while you learn the ropes of teaching English online. Or if you're looking for a part-time job and you have free mornings and weekends.

Pros

Computerized, automated employee-company interface, pay is on time every month

Cons

Poor communication channels

Ask a question about working or interviewing at iTutorGroup. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8