ITPS (CANADA) Ltd

ITPS (CANADA) Ltd Reviews

Canada7 reviews

It's a challenge, but well worth it. There's nowhere like this in Canada.

I'll lead by saying that there's nowhere like this in Canada. The operations here are unique and attract people for whom this isn't just a job. Everyone here is extremely passionate about their work. This is also a fast paced workplace, and the job is not at all easy. You're tasked with being very independent and have to do work that is truly novel. However, if that challenge is interesting to you, it will be well worth it.The company culture is also pretty great. Unfortunately over the past two years it's been difficult to keep up with the usual social events, but under normal circumstances company lunches and after work activities are pretty common. I have always gotten the feeling as well that my coworkers, my superiors, and management legitimately care about me personally.In summary, yes, it's definitely a challenge. But the learning experiences and the opportunity to be part of something special is really worth it.

Pros

Always learning new things, opportunity to use a wide variety of skills, good company events. Also you work with jets, it's pretty cool.

Cons

Lots of time pressure.

Just started and loving every minute. Pinch myself everyday that I get to do this.

For me this is a lifelong dream to work in aviation. To be FlightLine crew for the various types of aircraft ITPS flies, makes everyday different. To get experience in all these different types is a reward on its own. We work together as a team. And our team has each other covered. Just a great work environment.

Pros

Jets Props Helicopters Working with people who love aviation as much as I do.

Cons

None yet

Unique and challenging environment in aviation

-Everyday is different-Work in pairs or groups-Lots of problem solving situations-Knowledge of aviation is a must-Fast-paced environment-Work outdoors all year (Dress warm for winter!)-Ownership frequently shows their appreciation in the form of catered lunches or special events-Great workplace culture

Pros

Competitive wages, Management willing to listen, Work outdoors, Hands-on with aircraft everyday

Cons

Long days, It can take awhile to advance positions, Work outdoors

An amazing place to work, it has very experienced professionals that I can see that truly care about their job and the aircraft.

It has been an awesome experience for me in the flight line, great mentors, and I learn something new everyday. I have also me many other professionals that are humble and passionate about what they do.

Pros

Awesome kitchen area Work with awesome aircraft Good leadership

Cons

Great benefits and starting salary, Great work life balance

ITPS has a competitive salary and great benefits. Perfect for new apprentices entering the work force that need a decent salary to stay a float in today's harsh economy. Management always makes sure employees have a good work/life balance and are well rewarded for hard work.

Pros

Free Lunches Great Salary and Benefits Great Work/Life Balance Awesome Team Fun Work Events

Cons

Fast Paced environment that requires employees full attention Somewhat physically intensive

Stay far away

Great pay, holidays off Poor communication from supervisor Bad Supervision Never explain anything and get mad with questions Stay far away, not worth the hassle

Pros

Pay

Cons

Poor Supervisor, bad communication

Terrible Management and Poor Pay. Nice Co-Workers and Good Work-Life Balance.

Pros - Great coworkers and good work-life balance - Coworkers were very nice people and will help you immensely, with the exception of a couple people. Great work-life balance as you work several days on and several days off or you work Monday to Friday. Cons - Bad management. They did not care about their employees. Every time the owner or anyone in upper management walked by, you are supposed to pick up something and pretend to work. Every employee is very afraid of losing their job and toxic management-employee relationship overall. Their human resource practices are like a paper napkin - use employees, get more than their money's worth and throw them away. As a result, workplace culture is very poor. When you are "the new guy", you are expected to just work continuously all day long, cut your lunch breaks short, and do things that are not part of your job description. Furthermore, the company is a revolving door. They hire lots of apprentices, only to fire them very shortly thereafter. Pay for AME apprentices and AMEs are significantly below standards. They also expect AME apprentices to work "flight line" which is their version of ramp agent.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ITPS (CANADA) Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement