Italian Centre Shop Employee Reviews

Good family atmosphere
Barista (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 July 2018
It's a great place to work amongst co-workers, but management is ineffective. Co-workers have a great and helpful atmosphere with one another, but management fails to motivate and listen to employees.
Pros
Co-workers
amazing place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 May 2018
they take there time teaching you.. i was a bag lady tho i enjoyed working there.. loved seeing all the different nationalities that would come thru the door and mmm there subs are the best
Deli Clerk South (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 May 2018
This place is great to work for. Produce, Grocery, and Cashier supervisors are super friendly. They take care of things pretty quick. I love working on Saturdays with them. My own supervisor is too gossipy and rude. Rather than even helping us in the deli she's on her phone, going out for smokes, or at the front bagging when not needed or even in the cafe making coffee. she tends to yell at me as soon as I even go to the washroom. NOT COOL. She makes it stressful to work. The store manager does nothing to help. When are things going to change? The environment is toxic!
Pros
customers, friends
Cons
No respect, rude, not professional
friendly place
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 April 2018
It is a friendly place where employee works together in a family ambiance, helping each other, and provide to do our best helping costumers that surely are treated as a friend
decent
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 January 2018
great place to shop, not so much to work, its hard to move up and get a livable wage, living paycheck to paycheck while working over 40 hrs a week with a slim chance of actual overtime pay.
Welcoming and Family like
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 November 2017
One thing I enjoyed most working at the Italian Centre was the regular customers that always was so welcoming. I love my supervisor at the front; she was very professional and kind and understanding with all her staff members. Another thing that was very beneficial with the Italian Centre was the flexible hours they give students and full timers and the very kind staff members ofcourse.
A great place to work for
BAKERY SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 September 2017
Great company with great people working around you almost all the times.
Busy commercial business with a feel like family
Great learning experience guaranteed
Horrible management great employees
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB west end7 September 2017
At the beginning of my job there, it was very nice and made me want to go to work. But when I furthered to continue to have personal problems with my family, management didn't care said I was lying and so forth, I was suspended and escorted off the property for what to make me feel like a criminal, absolutely broke my heart, I have never expierenced this ever at my last jobs I'm very dissapionted. Lost alot of very good employees after I was terminated for going to a family event. Even more upset when I found out the day I was getting terminated management announced it to the he whole department. Deli manager doesn't serve and rude.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Horrible management, drama
Well treated employees
cleaner and general store helper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 July 2017
They treated us well.I got to interact with the customers quite a bit and for the most part it was enjoyable.The only thing I did not like there was all the video cameras and they were EVERYWHERE except the bathrooms.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Not paid while on lunch
Terrible place to work if you aren't Italian!
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  South Edmonton18 July 2017
The management don't care what is really going on and who is really working. If you are Italian you can do what you want. Very cliquey. Terrible communication. No training.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons

Want to know more about Italian Centre Shop?

Ask a question
Decent
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 July 2017
I would work there again if they fixed a lot of things up. It wasn't that dreadful going to work but I counted down every last second until I was off work.
Pros
Free Lunches, Free Food, Nice and fun Coworkers
Cons
Bad management, lots of gossip, very cliquey
family environment
Cafe Attendant/Customer Service/Food Prep (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 June 2017
Any given day you can expect to encounter many customers whom are regulars and appreciate being remembered. Most days you are challenged to grow yourself. There is an ongoing coaching system in place to help individuals reach their potential.
great coworkers questionable management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 June 2017
The people you will be working side by side with will make this job worth it until it's not.Put any initiative you have on the shelf,Italian Centre does not want it,it's sad to see so many people in one place who would love to step up to the plate being disregarded by the management and watch so many issues that seem simply solved carry on for years.So much potential here but doubt it will be met as they obviously have the two things going for them that the public wants,great FRONT OF LINE staff and hard to find products,this place is holding itself back. Free lunch is a bonus but the sandwiches are often soggy.
Pros
co-workers, lunch
Cons
management
A confused business
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 June 2017
The coworkers and the products are great. But they really don't know what's going on 99% of the time so it makes working there hard. All "problems" they have can be easily solved but they never seem to get anything done. They don't recycle anything and throw out so much. They are just lucky they hired good people.
Pros
coworkers, lunches
Cons
only day old sandwiches to staff, extremely wasteful
Work with great people
Shipper/Receiver/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 May 2017
Great place to work. Good people and multi cultural, Lots of departments and places for advancement. Free lunches are a bonus plus they have good benefits.
Pros
free lunches
Terrible place
Baker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 May 2017
The only good thing about this place is your coworkers. Otherwise if you aren't European your treated like garbage. I got fired for reporting a supervisor for sexually touching me on more then one occasion. But because this supervisor was very close friends with alot of the managers and is italian they fired me so he wouldn't get into trouble.
Pros
Co workers
Needs improvement.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 February 2017
Management is rough. They don't listen to any suggestions we have. They hide upstairs all day doing "work" so they don't know the actual problems within the store. They always tell us not to gossip and start rumours but all I hear them do is complain about other staff and gossip. Days are very long. Sometimes you don't get your break til after 5 or 6 hours of working and there are no coffee breaks. It's hard on the body. Pay is basically minimum wage. You are treated much differently if you are not European. Certain staff are allowed to eat whatever they want whenever they want because they are Italian and close friends with managers. Others aren't allowed to do anything.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Everything else
labourer
Warehouse/shipper/reciever (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 February 2017
Great place to work, the owner is amazing. The pay was not the best, but the perks were great. Free 1 hour lunch! The workload was pretty high each day, but once you figured out a system it got easier.
Pros
free lunches, flexible hours
Cons
rude workers, low pay
Better Management Needed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Edmonton7 December 2016
A typical full shift is 9 hours long with the one hour unpaid break. However, you get a free lunch for the break. Management needs to show a little appreciation toward staff and not always be so critical. Managers need to check in with staff more often instead of hiding inside the office. Store is unorganized and have a lot of out of stock products.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Unpaid breaks
no team work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 November 2016
Management does not meet your Request no team work.lack of agreement with the managers low wages , no equal sharing of work
Pros
free lunch